Would A Fox ???

my sisters yorkie was taken by a fox in front of her eyes,ran through the hedge and snaffled it,happy day it was,the horrid little f****r would bite ye faster than look at ye..

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Few months back a woman up the road from me asked if i would have a look at her little dog as it seemed to have a bad bite mark on its shoulder and neck and she could not understand it as her yard was closed in by a 6ft panel fence so no way for another dog to get in.I went up and sure enough it had a pretty bad bite on its shoulder and also on its back and both had become infected.I cleaned the wounds with Betadine and gave the little dog a shot of penstrip.I asked her had the dog got out at anytime recently and she said no but one morning when she opened the back door to let the dog out to do its buisness there was a fox in the yard,it jumped up on a table type stand she had for flowers and out across the fence and gone.I had a look out over the fence and at the back was a big stump of tree so easy for the fox to jump up and scale the fence and then the table inside was its escape route back out.She also had been leaving food out for the birds[scraps from the table] so i advised her to stop with the food and i moved the table away from the fence and then went out the back and moved the stump away from the back of the fence and she has not seen the fox since or has had any bother with the dog which healed up grand within a few days,foxs are oppurtunists and will take advantage of every little thing.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Years ago I reckoned I saw a dog and a fox scrapping and the fox chasing the dog!! Yeah I know sounds like bull####. I was walking a couple of greyhounds around a field at the back of my house at night. I heard a racket ,turned on the lamp and about 200yds away I could just see the dog running for home (it was the neighbours Jack Russell), and standing 30yds or so from him I saw the fox. I told the neighbour this, needless to say he thought I was taking the p###. Couple of weeks later he told me that his security light came on one night at the back of his house and looking out the kitchen window he saw a fox. He let the russell out of the kitchen, it tipped around the yard saw the fox and walked away. The fox just stood where it was and didn't appear bothered by the dog. Hard to believe I know.

I had the pup out for a bit of one to one time on some permission just getting her used to being in the woods and bit of shooting with my air rifle. We went through a ditch and made a little noise going through with the pup about 6 yards in front of me and as I was climbing out of the ditch and standing up a old dog fox came stalking up the path towards the pup, eyes fixed and didn't take a blind bit of notice of me until I shouted at the bugger, I dare say it would of had a good go at the pup if not have taken her, she'd of been about 4 months old at the time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About 20 years ago was out lampin fox we were callin a fox in we got a slip on it as the dogs were about to pull it a fox appeard from nowhere an attacked one ov the dogs from the back then gone so nothing will surprise me

Didnt a chihuahua get killed by one not so long ago? Sure its possible

yeah that was a guy I was working for back in the spring his wife had let the chihuahua out for a piss and usually the dog would be back to door in a couple of minutes. She went down to farmyard behind house and seen the fox running out of the stables with the dog in its mouth and disappeared down the fields with it. Dog was never seen again. I put a thread up here about it at the time. black chihuahua taking by a fox was the heading of topic Edited by jiggy
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen a big-ish dog fox rush a lurcher in the middle of a field when it had no place to go......a very aggressive fox where that paticular bitch met her match.

They had gone at it hammer and tongs and were just stood back then facing each other and the fox went in for another go.......it knew then that the bitch didn't want any part of it and took to it's heals with the bitch making a token (but totally bullshit) attempt to chase/catch.

The damnedest thing to see.....

• Like 1