Malinoise And Dutch Shepherds

When breeding livestock for work ethics and herding types ya thing ,the malls Dutch type and some mixes of shepherds far out shine the English types of herders these modern times. Of old a good collie or cur type would have been used these types are close and probably better .protecting and guarding was seen has should has a bonus.i could have sold my shepherd bitch early in her time to a noted dutchies mall breeder no jokes he wanted her I can only guess for reneging her grey and shepherd lines through them ,but of course she brain wise like a human .atb bunnys.

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Bitch, about 11 months   And again keeping cool whilst training on Saturday aged 13/14 months  

New import German Shepard bitch I have for a few months to do a bit with lovely bitch

Pay 13 month Mali x German Shepard has just gone on a 7 to 8 week prison course hopefully he passes out

Posted Images

I thought I saw mastiff in him too pal, presa or similar maybe. Either that or rottweiler.

my mate was explaining to me that they can be crossed and the resulting offspring can be put on a database then once they've been crossed back a certain amount of times 2or3 can't remember exactly the pups can be registered as pure herders.A lot of the lines have a small amount of bull or/and mastiff blood in them.
I wonder what would happen if a good strong working bred wheaten was introduced into a line. Mayhem , ide imagine. Lol

I thought I saw mastiff in him too pal, presa or similar maybe. Either that or rottweiler.

my mate was explaining to me that they can be crossed and the resulting offspring can be put on a database then once they've been crossed back a certain amount of times 2or3 can't remember exactly the pups can be registered as pure herders.A lot of the lines have a small amount of bull or/and mastiff blood in them.
I wonder what would happen if a good strong working bred wheaten was introduced into a line. Mayhem , ide imagine. Lol

prob lol, with this type of dogs, there enough fire in them , my big 1x gsd x grey dog Buck , great when not working good with people / dogs, but when hunting very full on type dog. they be nightmare if they were nasty with there drive and power . :yes:

• Like 1

If you get right one,shouldn't need to add any bull or strong dog blood into it,

When I had my old gsd x grey she climbed the kennel divider into the pure gsd run and had it by scruff of neck and was cleaning the floor with her. Yet she was lot lighter in build than the pure.

I imagine your right. I was really talking about adding a working wheaten terrier into a line of straight Dutch shepards or g.s.d,s for protection work or sport. I know nothing about Shepards but I imagine they don't need that sort of mentality in the mix if u needed a level headed dog
  • Like 1

downsouth..

this berry2 dog/offspring

what do you call small bitches..height wise..i may be interested in a small bitch in the future..

good reading lads..

thanks..

My bitch is direct granddaughter of berry2, she stands about 22/23tts, I have an imported dog pup also direct grandson of berry2 that's standing 23tts at 4 1/2months

downsouth..

this berry2 dog/offspring

what do you call small bitches..height wise..i may be interested in a small bitch in the future..

good reading lads..

thanks..

Tiny.20/21inch tops and light framed with it.Both were absolutely nuts but the lad who had one of them got rid of it because he did the doors on some real naughty clubs and he said people went intimidated by it.He reckoned a few times he'd had groups of lads aiming kicks at it and laughing at his fox.The last time I saw the other lad he was on about getting rid of his because it wasn't going to be big enough for the jobs he worked.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

right then,,seems to be a few lads on here with malinois pups..berry 2/zeus/joefarm etc..now I'm seriously thinking of a pup..this being a right handful thing..what we talking here..exercise etc would be no problem etc.. do they switch off.. are they that much different to a well bred gsd...who's got young pups at moment,what difficulties you having etc..I don't wanna get owt wrong,and regret it..go on scare me of lads....haha..thanks.

all info appreciated..

Our cocker spaniel does my nut in lol one these would be way too much for me

That's docile as f**k compared to my red bitch

Thats no way to talk about your lass!

My lads isn't red and is much more laid back. She's a steady type ?

• Like 1