Bullfighting

No not now,,I'm to much of a big target ,,added. To the fact,,I would be at the back running away ,,lol

I would deffo end up being a casualty ,,,being laughed at on Spanish telly,,,

LOL

Aye it wouldn't be for me neither but like you in a kind of sadist way I like watching the bulls toss a few about.

and me jonny :thumbs: lol bit of pay back time for the bull :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But that isn't what they do. Bull comes in untouched and meets a man who only has a cape. Nothing else. He turns it a few times. Then the Picador comes in on a protected horse. The bull is brought

They've made big changes with the horses, with the padding now used and kelvar I've never seen a horse injured. Picadors work with the same few horses throughout the season. If a horse was stressed it

if people want to brand them like hero's that's up to them......i can't see anything manly about sticking half a dozen spears into an animal and letting it suffer until it can't move any more... i do

Posted Images

Done the Pamplona bull run twice in the same week, scary stuff but I'd deffo do it again and recommend anyone to do it. If memory serves me right the festival goes on for 7 days and the bulls that are ran though are from a different breeder each day, everyday was well attended. And on another note most bull fights happen at the same time as Spanish festivals, so find a festival and a bull fight shouldn't be far away.

I'll be going in September and even more next year....hoping to organise a pamplona trip next year as well

Where are you going to see it in September?
Well spoteted,,,it's in the Sumer June or July I think,,,,used to watch it on the telly when I lived out there,,,but I be honest I loved watching folk get bounced,,lol
It was a genuine question tomo, referring to what area he may be watching the bullfighting.........but Dido ignored it..haha

Sorry....I don't know yet. I small local feria with easy airport access....life is to busy for hitting the road and touring Spain at the minute.

Pamplona is the greatest festival on earth. I'm getting married during pamplona week so not only can I not go this year but my anniversary is going to fall in the middle of the feria each year!

• Like 1

Not sure I could sit and watch a bull in a ring being stabbed to death . Animal cruelty at its best..

Worse than a ferret getting a rabbit up a stop end by its eye and keeping it there for half an hour while you dig down and then break its neck?

Come on fella. Not one of us on here can condemn another man for animal cruelty.

People in glass houses and all that.

• Like 3

Not my cuppa tea but who are we to tell folk what to do if thats their traditions......i went to a couple many years ago only because i was trying my luck with a little senorita.... i was told taking a treacle to a bullfight before a meal was romantic and the done thing......just a shame her brothers didnt think so !

Must admit its been great reading Bryans posts on the subject its always interesting listening to genuine knowledge rather than second hand gossip and opinions thankyou squire :thumbs:.......didnt realise there was so much involved......different bloodlines of bull for different styles etc......fascinating.

• Like 5

I prefer the Portuguese version, men in the arena, bull enters and chases them about a bit, everyone cheers and they all get to go home :-)

Except the bull which then gets slaughtered in the corrals...

Edited by DIDO.1

I personally like these kind of things. I understand the theory that these are outdated, barbaric, etc traditions and to advance as a species we have to put a stop to these sort of things but this thinking is ideological nonsense with no limit to its targets and an impossible outcome. Even if we all become gentle vegetarians there will still be cruelty beyond our control occurring everywhere, everyday in nature. Have even hunters lost sight of the fact that as advanced as we are we are still part of natures brutal cycle with instincts, traditions and habits which are expressed in different ways by different individuals and cultures everywhere. Some we may like, some we may hate and most will be beyond our understanding and should be left to alone IMO.

• Like 1

The guy that was almost killed last sunday had the best day of his career earlier this year.

He was with a Victorino Martin bull, these are the bulls everyone ants to go and see at the moment, probably the best line currently. Game, aggressive , very very fast to turn back on the matador and they keep charging.

The matadors and the team with them are booked and paid on how they perform, they need to impress and take risks.

The ballsiest move is to meet the bull running in on your knees, you can't run and you're gambling that'll go to the cape and not you.

This bull hits the horse and pick like a train, unmoved by the pick, the second time it's hesitant and no one knows if it's not game or not aggressive or just weighing things up. The commentary is in Spanish but you can hear it's all about the bull and the line "Victorino"

For it to be reprieved is a huge honour for the breeder (in the suit and red tie in the crowd) and for the matador

This is a long video but it gives a very good idea of the whole thing and how the crowd is (even how well dressed they are, the first time I went my friend from Spain said it wouldn't be proper if i went in shorts and Tshirt)

the bull is back at Stud the next day

in that first vid at around 14.40 the bull couldve had him, its as if it thought about it then thought naa thats not in the script.

Not sure I could sit and watch a bull in a ring being stabbed to death . Animal cruelty at its best..

Worse than a ferret getting a rabbit up a stop end by its eye and keeping it there for half an hour while you dig down and then break its neck?

Come on fella. Not one of us on here can condemn another man for animal cruelty.

People in glass houses and all that.

That has nothing to do with a bull being stabbed to death for entertment.