Best Estate Cars Out There

Would you be better jumping on a cheap flight and buying a motor over here Jigsaw ? How are 2nd hand prices for motors over there ?

to buy an english reg 1.6 motor costs 1450 euros to re register,caught no matter which way you turn

i had know idea that motoring was so expensive in Ireland :icon_eek: stuff that.....i was only joking around when i put that picture of a moggy 1000 traveller up.....but it does seem like a cheaper alternative now........ :laugh:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

loads of room

The Skoda Octavia is the same engine and running gear as the Golf / Audi A3 / Seat Leon. The body of the Octavia though is more like the size of the Passat. The boot on the Octavia is huge and the car

dopey gas guzzling tax magnet of a yoke for blokes who want to be farmers or hunt servants

Posted Images

I've never looked at the 4x4 estates. But since this thread and chatting to a lad off here last night I've looked at a couple.

Might be the way I go.

Them skoda superb 2.0 170 4x4 look a proper all round motor.

They do them in the Passat, Audi A4 and Volvos too.

I don't need a 4x4 as such but it would certainly come in handy at times.

• Like 1

Got the Citroen estate xsara here all round it's k would not have another though the hdi engines are prtty solid it's just all the other parts that keep breaking but for fuel there brilliant I get about 650 miles on £45 mazdas would not touch with a barge pole had one nothing but problems the Mercs are good estates but parts cost a small fortune but they do last a lot longer the shells tend too rust apart before the engines go the Volvo are prtty bomb proof can get about half a million miles out them but it's the same as the Mercs the body's go before the engines the problem with them all is there that bloddy low I would not touch a bmw either the bloddy parts break more then any of the German motors there is not much go wrong with the passats and Audi Mercs or Volvos and scoda

i,m watching this thread with intrest, i am in the market for a diesel estate think it will be either an avensis estate or one of the 1.9tdi octavia 4x4s, just waiting on my tax rebafe

I believe the Astra is the way im going.1.3 diesel,310 tax yearly.....2008 or hopefully 2009 for 5k spent....

i,m watching this thread with intrest, i am in the market for a diesel estate think it will be either an avensis estate or one of the 1.9tdi octavia 4x4s, just waiting on my tax rebafe

I believe the Astra is the way im going.1.3 diesel,310 tax yearly.....2008 or hopefully 2009 for 5k spent....

heres a 2011 astra cheap tax https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-astra-spotless-1-3-diesel-estate-one-owner/11987870

I think this will be my next motor...

EF7B76DC-33F0-48AD-8917-81248DED6673_zps

£180 road tax, 0-60 8.9s, 45mpg combined, 4 wheel drive and a little bit more ground clearance than some other estates. Doesn't look too bad either.

It just needs the Windows blacking at the back and this in the boot...

68D8C5E4-33BC-41D8-929F-3D8F36C5933B_zps

• Like 1

i dont think thats the best of engines jigsaw. the 1.7 is the better one i believe.

i dont think thats the best of engines jigsaw. the 1.7 is the better one i believe.
I think you are right Ant but the 1.3 ain't too bad. I had one for 2 years and put 100k on it, it never missed a beat and you wouldn't know it was a 1.3. It pulled well enough for its size.

Edited to add people slate the peugeots but I had a 308 SW HDi and put 120k on that in 3 years and it never missed a beat either.

• Like 1

I've never looked at the 4x4 estates. But since this thread and chatting to a lad off here last night I've looked at a couple.

Might be the way I go.

Them skoda superb 2.0 170 4x4 look a proper all round motor.

They do them in the Passat, Audi A4 and Volvos too.

I don't need a 4x4 as such but it would certainly come in handy at times.

Haha Gaz you want to make your mind up, on the same day you said these motors were like Lego lol

Averaging 45 to 55mpg huge boot and the same build quality as a vw or Audi at a much cheaper price,

post-290-0-80896600-1465761867_thumb.jpeg

post-290-0-63554600-1465762705_thumb.jpeg

post-290-0-27883400-1465762791_thumb.jpeg

Edited by busterbuster1969

heres a 2011 astra cheap tax https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/opel-astra-spotless-1-3-diesel-estate-one-owner/11987870

moneys too high for me,wish I had that kind of coin to go further up in years

• Like 1