Kane, Vardy and others stifled by Woy's tactics. He's got the full backs going forward and the strikers defending. If he continues that policy Vardy will be sent off virtually every match.

I agree.....you really would of thought in the last friendly before a tournament he would know what his team is yet i dont think he even knows what formation he,s going to start them in..........i was listening on Talksport today Perry Groves made me laugh he was on about Kane taking the corners comparing it to when you was at school the kid who could kick the ball the furthest took all the set plays :D .....why is our most dangerous striker taking corners !......im quite happy with the players Hodgsons picked i just think he is such a negative type of coach that we just wont see them at their best......personally i think Smalling has disaster written all over him and i cant understand Rooney playing up front......i really think we missed a trick with Harry Redknapp but too late now just have to see how it pans out.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats the best game ive seen all tournament Wales are doing a Leicester here.....not the greatest team in the world but just want it more and are out hustling more talented opposition its amazing what

Oi oi oi mun, what's all this "we" and "you" I'm part of the "we" gang butty, I'm as Welsh as they come, Had laver bread for breakfast a Welsh cake and cuppa for lunch and just had a big bowl of Caw

Haha I'm only messing.   It's just been one of them fairy tale type story's for us and with it being the year of the underdog with Leicester so to speak we've kind of captured people's hearts. It's n

Posted Images

Kane, Vardy and others stifled by Woy's tactics. He's got the full backs going forward and the strikers defending. If he continues that policy Vardy will be sent off virtually every match.

I agree.....you really would of thought in the last friendly before a tournament he would know what his team is yet i dont think he even knows what formation he,s going to start them in..........i was listening on Talksport today Perry Groves made me laugh he was on about Kane taking the corners comparing it to when you was at school the kid who could kick the ball the furthest took all the set plays :D .....why is our most dangerous striker taking corners !......im quite happy with the players Hodgsons picked i just think he is such a negative type of coach that we just wont see them at their best......personally i think Smalling has disaster written all over him and i cant understand Rooney playing up front......i really think we missed a trick with Harry Redknapp but too late now just have to see how it pans out.

Agreed. Woy's playing a system that doesn't suit the individual players. It's like buying his team 11 suits all the same size.

I think the 5 man Spurs backbone should be an asset. That is the only change I would make to the team you proposed - Dier rather than Wilshire. Kane needs to be a target man as does Vardy. There was a comment on BBC commentary to the effect that Vardy was having to think about his game instead of acting instinctively as he does for his club. And his temperament isn't suited to tackling in a defensive role. They should let Kane and Vardy find space up front and let the full backs defend instead of the other way around. Nothing taken from Rose and Walker. They both performed brilliantly, but their attacking role should be secondary. A luxury.

Why doesn't Milner take corners and free kicks? He does for the 'Pool.

Smalling does make some great interceptions. He might be prone to occasional accidents, but think of the alternative - Stones :icon_eek: I hope he grows into a great player, Barnsley lad like me, but at the moment he thinks he is Bobby Moore when he plays like Roger Moore. No point having the vision and pointing where other players should pass to when he hasn't got the composure on the ball to not give his team mates nightmares. Every now and then he plays a great through ball. But rarely do you see him diving in to make a block or interception like Smalling and Cahill do as second nature.

I can't see them doing well with the tactics Woy is demanding.

• Like 1

problem we have not many play for the shirt now , all well off and expect a game . maybe if we had alions team we would win but as individaul countrys well we need alot of luck and other teams to under achieve , he is no roy of the rovers , hope all the teams do well , out of all the countrys in uk area gareth bale seams to have it right , he looks willing to role the sleeves up if it was his last game ,

very true , you need 50 percenrt pure class and the other grit and determantion and bottle , weather its foottie pool snooker whatever , best teams always have sheer class but a good hard gritty detrmantion to win , when the chips are down , england fall apart and are not great coming from behind at times , i hope they do well ,but lost the excitment from the days of gazza mania shearer and that era they rolled there sleeves up more , there problemhas been every era they have a good team but lack the great individalists like bale giggs kenny dagliesh, jimmy johnstone , hope rooney does something or sterling ,we will see

Its all well and good talking about this " get stuck in " attitude but running round like headless chickens kicking people up in the air is exactly how we have come undone in big tournaments before right back to Gazza lunging in to Beckham and Rooney getting sent off we just cant get away with that in tournament football.....the rest of the world rely on tactics and flair while we are still back in the get stuck in ages football at the highest level has moved on from the roll your sleeves up and run your socks off days.......i dont see the worlds great players running with sweat dripping off them growling at everyone it could be said players like Ibrahimovich,Messi etc are almost lazy types of players....their teams have a certain organisation and work ethic but without the abundance of talent and ability they have they would be left behind......as we have been over recent years.

Agree with max here, we must give 100% close down the offensive players that can hurt us.

Obviously they,ve got to give 100% that's just to be expected......do you think Messi or Ibrahimovich don't give 100% ?.....of course they do but they give it in a different way than we do.....we are technically and tactically inept that's why we,ve been left behind over the years.......grafting our nuts off alone is not going to beat the top sides as has been proven in the past.

• Like 1

Its all well and good talking about this " get stuck in " attitude but running round like headless chickens kicking people up in the air is exactly how we have come undone in big tournaments before right back to Gazza lunging in to Beckham and Rooney getting sent off we just cant get away with that in tournament football.....the rest of the world rely on tactics and flair while we are still back in the get stuck in ages football at the highest level has moved on from the roll your sleeves up and run your socks off days.......i dont see the worlds great players running with sweat dripping off them growling at everyone it could be said players like Ibrahimovich,Messi etc are almost lazy types of players....their teams have a certain organisation and work ethic but without the abundance of talent and ability they have they would be left behind......as we have been over recent years.

I think you said it right in the middle of that post, "the rest of the world rely on tactics and flair".

Nope, we stifle flair and are only rarely seen playing tactical football, especially going forward... In those warm up games, even if the players change, the/our tactics should remain, we should be playing in a style that is obvious, with only 'some' changes to suit certain opposition. Sadly Woy, like almost all the FA puppets before him, on the eve of a major tournament, still has yet to make his mind up on both his best team or his teams tactics....

C'mon England.. C'mon England...!!

Never said he wasn't any good as I like him but really gnash? Ibra giving 100%, only my opinion bud but not for me at times he's just not interested as like Memphis and that hazard and players like that, england at the moment will not win a thing without giving 100% mainly closing down other teams most dangerous offensive players, only my view.

Never said he wasn't any good as I like him but really gnash? Ibra giving 100%, only my opinion bud but not for me at times he's just not interested as like Memphis and that hazard and players like that, england at the moment will not win a thing without giving 100% mainly closing down other teams most dangerous offensive players, only my view.

No your missing my point mate.....you are looking at 100% effort with the English mindset of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in........the mindset of players like Ibrahimovich/Messi is totally different it doesnt mean they dont give 100% it just means they give it in a completely different way to how we see it......there mindset is far more technical than ours and they give 100% to their own mindset of how they think the game should be played.

We dont get it because we are English :D .....​which itself tells us a little bit about where we are as a footballing nation from the grass roots up.

Edited by gnasher16

Prediction time ,

Who is going to win it (Germany

Which unfancied team willdo well (wales )

Biggest flops ( France )

Top goal scorer Origi

Let's hope all the supporters get home safe , and the security forces play a blinder .

France

Belgium

Italy

Giroud

Really looking forward to this tournament, our first in my lifetime. Felt good putting my flag up this morning fair play, never flew a flag for our football team in a tournament before. I hope we do well but most of all I hope the players get rewarded for all their hard work getting there. No pressure, no great expectations......bring it on.

Cmon Wales.

post-41061-0-91882000-1465549397_thumb.jpeg