Unusual Crosses

A couple of collie/greyhounds I've seen were pretty unusual. They would've given most people a nervous breakdown! :laugh:

:D true
Had a sheltie collie grey once .

Nice dogs those shelties. An old mate of mine's mum had two, sharp as tacks and very intelligent
She was a cracking little dog to live with 22tts, not quite a worker thou she used to stalk and yip.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the "ultimate".. takes the lot & can hear a Blackbird 200 yards down the street heading towards our house even with the TV turned up,any visitors have to be aware she ankle bites too..hunt

A couple of collie/greyhounds I've seen were pretty unusual. They would've given most people a nervous breakdown!

My sisters jack russel x chihuahua the little twat will rip your throat out soon as look at you, a real man stopper.

A couple of collie/greyhounds I've seen were pretty unusual. They would've given most people a nervous breakdown! :laugh:

Nice dogs those shelties. An old mate of mine's mum had two, sharp as tacks and very intelligent
She was a cracking little dog to live with 22tts, not quite a worker thou she used to stalk and yip.

wonder what they be like x back whippet, as both are similar size , you prob get good feet and coat from the mix with bit of brain, good for rabbiting in the day, and bit in the night.

Yeah they prob be a nice little x, but that coat is a bit offputting

wonder what they be like x back whippet, as both are similar size , you prob get good feet and coat from the mix with bit of brain, good for rabbiting in the day, and bit in the night.
I reakon they would be a good little sporting dogs out of right parents. Mine had good feet and coat. I made mistakes with mine and spoilt her to be truthful.

Her sister made a better dog even took the odd charlie.

Weirdest 'lurcher' I ever came across was Irish wolfhound cross English setter. It belonged to the landlord of my local pub about 30 years ago. Looked fast enough to just about catch a hedgehog.

Would that hedgehog be a nimble 'hog' or a '90 yard flyer'? Lol

• Like 1

This is the "ultimate".. takes the lot & can hear a Blackbird 200 yards down the street heading towards our house even with the TV turned up,any visitors have to be aware she ankle bites too..hunts,guard dog & general f***ing nuisance but she's my buddy,where I go she goes " literally",if I sit on a seat she's with me,if I move she comes with me onto another seat lol..strange breed,strange dog just a weirdo really lol...

Lol! We have got one very much like her. More trouble than a pack of lurchers but totally fearless! Dachshund x JRT:

2012-11-05-07.jpg

Read a few year ago in EDRD about a Picardy/ Grey cross. It was a one I thought about and sounded like a useful hardy animal.

Anyone know of these types?

I think skycat has a picardy x.

Her other half keeps them

Went to Yorkshire to pick up a pressa pup.

And the lad had a dog there.douge de bourdeux x apbt.must of been touching 30"head like a bucket.scary looking thing.

My brother was dog sitting that cross last week ,was a big lump ,wasn't as big as 30",but still a handful ,just a pet .

Read a few year ago in EDRD about a Picardy/ Grey cross. It was a one I thought about and sounded like a useful hardy animal.

Anyone know of these types?

I think skycat has a picardy x.

I don't keep lurchers anymore but would be interested to know how this cross went? I always thought it sounded like an interesting idea.

Just seen 2 Bedlington X Beagles...

The woman was "trying" to keep them as pets ?

Bred by a nasty man who hunted foxes apparently. She had rescued them from a nasty working life. Obviously I gave her my views on the matter and we parted ways. Lol.

She got them at 7 weeks and said they have always been a nightmare. They aren't happy with their 1 mile walk a day and they just go off trying to find rabbits and birds. Haha. She's just had them both neutered at 8 months old to calm them down.

Both were little belters. I would say about 18" tts. Looked like a stocky beddy with beagle ears. Keen as mustard and followed my Plummer through any cover she went through.

It's a shame they have been "rescued" from the life they would love.

• Like 2

Years ago at Harrington Lurcher Show a guy had a Standard Poodle x Greyhound. I don't think it was ever worked but looked the part for day time use. Aggressive bloody thing was trying to attack anything in sight. Looked like a giant Bedlington Saluki type of cross.