Lurchers For Foxes

I used to admire a first cross beddy greyhound a friend of mine kept. I ve never seen a dog have so much hatred for foxes. He d kill them quick to. Strong winter foxes on big open fields daytime would be dead before you got to him. We put that dog over 2 class bull x bitches and another of his type but he never threw. Shame as he was a class act .

perfect example of what Iv been on about for ages. U can have best parents in the world but doesn't mean jack shit. Especially when people tend to only breed from a lurcher once maybe twice to keep one back.
  • Like 1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres my one

One Ov mine good fox dog

One more only young but showing good signs roll on the season

Posted Images

I used to admire a first cross beddy greyhound a friend of mine kept. I ve never seen a dog have so much hatred for foxes. He d kill them quick to. Strong winter foxes on big open fields daytime would be dead before you got to him. We put that dog over 2 class bull x bitches and another of his type but he never threw. Shame as he was a class act .

yeh the beddy puts fire in to them, even the beddyx whippets, ive read that before that good proven dogs, dont always produce the same in there offspring , strange that, suppose its like saying just because Mike Tyson as a son, it dont mean his son will be the same, he might not like boxing / getting hurt .lol

thats why people line breed to give themselves a slightly better chance of getting a worker

my mate has had numerous line bred terriers, and the ONLY two dogs that worth feeding and are not worn fodder have been breeding unknown, one a bitch which had to be PTS through health, and the other is still going and doesn't put foot wrong.

He's paid upto 400 quid for a good few named terriers. No longer are here.

I don't really know what to think about breeding, except u pick a pup put time into it then see what it gives back.

• Like 1

perfect example of what Iv been on about for ages. U can have best parents in the world but doesn't mean jack shit. Especially when people tend to only breed from a lurcher once maybe twice to keep one back.

True, all breeding is a gamble, but if I was gambling my own money I'd rather play with a deck of cards that were stacked in my favour.

• Like 1

yeh the beddy puts fire in to them, even the beddyx whippets, ive read that before that good proven dogs, dont always produce the same in there offspring , strange that, suppose its like saying just because Mike Tyson as a son, it dont mean his son will be the same, he might not like boxing / getting hurt .lol

thats why people line breed to give themselves a slightly better chance of getting a worker

my mate has had numerous line bred terriers, and the ONLY two dogs that worth feeding and are not worn fodder have been breeding unknown, one a bitch which had to be PTS through health, and the other is still going and doesn't put foot wrong.

I don't really know what to think about breeding, except u pick a pup put time into it then see what it gives back.

Your right my butty I dig with a lot has had loads terriers from all sorts of lines a lot a pile of shit ! He's got terriers there now from down the road from him and absolutely flying !

Same with our bull X my bitch isn't from any line nore was his neither failed us but he had a few bull X from these big names not many made the trip back to the kennel we both have pups from the litter I bred just time will tell now

• Like 1

Your right my butty I dig with a lot has had loads terriers from all sorts of lines a lot a pile of shit ! He's got terriers there now from down the road from him and absolutely flying !

Same with our bull X my bitch isn't from any line nore was his neither failed us but he had a few bull X from these big names not many made the trip back to the kennel we both have pups from the litter I bred just time will tell now

exactly mate. Best bull x Iv ever seen was just bull x lurcher, 24-25" tts dog, catch odd hares, pull some stuff and catch golf course bunnies like it was going out of fashion, but Iv not seen a bull x like it since, been out with about 2 or 3 others and I would of back filled them not a problem lol

Handcocks. Ffs,puppy farmer,breeds off unworked,untested dogs.great way to buy a fox dog not.

talk about throwing stones when leaving in glass houses and all that.. He's no different to the owner of the sire to your dog!!! Ffs..

I don't think the owner of my dog breeds no were near as many as Hancock's place.and I know the sire n dam have been worked.and he won't let any dinlo buy one.so weres the comparison.

Handcocks. Ffs,puppy farmer,breeds off unworked,untested dogs.great way to buy a fox dog not.

talk about throwing stones when leaving in glass houses and all that.. He's no different to the owner of the sire to your dog!!! Ffs..
I don't think the owner of my dog breeds no were near as many as Hancock's place.and I know the sire n dam have been worked.and he won't let any dinlo buy one.so weres the comparison.
is he breeding just for money,

Hancocks r poo I've seen one good one all the rest where tail chases

Only seen one Hancock dog run it was brilliant on rabbit and hare but Fox it would just shadow them around the field it was definitely no Fox dog.

Apparently it caught plenty I just never seen it catch a fox

Only seen one Hancock dog run it was brilliant on rabbit and hare but Fox it would just shadow them around the field it was definitely no Fox dog.

Seen a few dogs that would take fox but only if they could have it all there own way.

Had a collie whip grey bitch that hunt and find them with a passion and she took quite a few but I know she let plenty away that should of been In the bag because she could not have it all her own way.

Also been out with "fox dogs" where this has happened and there owners are oblivious to what's actually going on and why charlie slipped away. Atb

Only seen one Hancock dog run it was brilliant on rabbit and hare but Fox it would just shadow them around the field it was definitely no Fox dog

same mate defo no fox dog but that's just wat I think

God knows what he'd be like if had a place like hancocks!! And he doesn't do bad for a (back yard) peddler put it that way! work doesn't come in to it, if it bleeds its bred from... And its only ever dinlo's that perchest them because there stupid enough to fall for it..

God knows what he'd be like if had a place like hancocks!! And he doesn't do bad for a (back yard) peddler put it that way! work doesn't come in to it, if it bleeds its bred from... And its only ever dinlo's that perchest them because there stupid enough to fall for it..

You must know him well.what I bought does exactly what I need it to.he sold me a ferret dog so I was told,these arnt out n out fox dogs he said.so mine has been great.I defo don't like prolific breeders, but at the time I was prepared to try one.

Does he make s good living out of breeding,I very much doubt it.

What's your problem with bullxwhip anyway,you seem to jump on any posts about them.? Run what you like mate ,don't mither others

You must know him well.what I bought does exactly what I need it to.he sold me a ferret dog so I was told,these arnt out n out fox dogs he said.so mine has been great.I defo don't like prolific breeders, but at the time I was prepared to try one.

Does he make s good living out of breeding,I very much doubt it.

What's your problem with bullxwhip anyway,you seem to jump on any posts about them.? Run what you like mate ,don't mither others

go back through my posts and you will see why, he's no better then Hancock but you were quick enough to run him down!! even if he is on a smaller scale there still in the same game..

Edited by DEERMAN