Lurchers For Foxes

Any lurcher should be able to kill a fox ffs lads, let one dog see 5 or so in a night or even that many throughout a week and then you can call your dog a fox dog. Until then imo it's just a lurcher that can nail a fox, which like I said shouldn't be a difficult task especially if it's a bull x...

• Like 1

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres my one

One Ov mine good fox dog

One more only young but showing good signs roll on the season

Posted Images

Any lurcher should be able to kill a fox ffs lads, let one dog see 5 or so in a night or even that many throughout a week and then you can call your dog a fox dog. Until then imo it's just a lurcher that can nail a fox, which like I said shouldn't be a difficult task especially if it's a bull x...

3 season mines killed 100 foxes single handed an more with mates pups an stuff but 100 single some weeks he killed 6 or 7 some night hes killed 4 some weeks hes killed none. av destroyed more dogs than enough because they cant take the work most bull crosses so to come of with a statement its not difficult for a bull cross . now dont get me wrong they shouldnt be but wheatger they have the heart or not is the question
  • Like 4

See the problem is everyone should be breeding out of dogs like yours, but they don't they make excuses or lie about a dogs capabilities and that's why you get lads going through dog after dog trying to find the one that does work how you want.

• Like 2

See the problem is everyone should be breeding out of dogs like yours, but they don't they make excuses or lie about a dogs capabilities and that's why you get lads going through dog after dog trying to find the one that does work how you want.

imo lads who go through dog after dog tend to always do it.

• Like 4

I had a bullx of breeding unknown,that csme to me supposedly about 8months old ,self entered at 11 month on snow one evening on dog walk, by the time he was 17 months we had 11 fox taken with out mark.on other hand bought a collie/bull/grey off a pretender and it was usesless could tie one up very quickly but would just bark at them. My heart fukin sank, a yrs training, feeding top grub.etc etc.

.as had bedn said people breed any shit nowadays,after all its risk free cash.buy a pup at 8 weeks and off you trot to find out 15 month later.

Edited by Qbgrey

At what age do u enter the dogs to foxes?

I'm not into foxes myself, but see a few people mention 15months, is that not young?

Maybe the reason so many failed dogs about on foxes is because the early entering.

Most sighthounds ain't mature until 2+, mentally.

So giving a 15 month old dog a face full of the sharp end would prob put off a lot more dogs off than those who would enjoy it.

• Like 1

At what age do u enter the dogs to foxes?

I'm not into foxes myself, but see a few people mention 15months, is that not young?

Maybe the reason so many failed dogs about on foxes is because the early entering.

Most sighthounds ain't mature until 2+, mentally.

So giving a 15 month old dog a face full of the sharp end would prob put off a lot more dogs off than those who would enjoy it.

Later better than earlier.

One more only young but showing good signs roll on the season

Moggy your dogs have very distinct features, do they have ebt in there make up. Atb Jek
no mate black dog is col/grey/wheat/grey that's the Dar Ov brown one an the brindle is staff/grey/bull/ grey ?
  • Like 2