Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

I think Groves learned more from the Froch fights than they took anything away from him,but he did have his demons it seemed for a while after which is understandable for a young fighter.Where Groves did go wrong was bringing in that Paddy as his trainer and Froch himself said that as well.As for Cox ok hes unbeaten but that's only because he was given the decision over Obadai Sai who had boxed his head off the full fight,it was one of the worst decisions Ive seen in a British ring for a good few years.Groves should get the stoppage win over Cox and I think he will school Eubanks jnr comfortably on points or maybe force a late stoppage.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

I think Groves learned more from the Froch fights than they took anything away from him,but he did have his demons it seemed for a while after which is understandable for a young fighter.Where Groves did go wrong was bringing in that Paddy as his trainer and Froch himself said that as well.As for Cox ok hes unbeaten but that's only because he was given the decision over Obadai Sai who had boxed his head off the full fight,it was one of the worst decisions Ive seen in a British ring for a good few years.Groves should get the stoppage win over Cox and I think he will school Eubanks jnr comfortably on points or maybe force a late stoppage.

It just seems to me his work since has seemed a bit more laboured not quite so snappy

It just seems to me his work since has seemed a bit more laboured not quite so snappy

Groves had a fault of throwing a lot of nervous punches which depleted his energy during a fight,now he he knows firing off loads of needless snappy shots is not needed unless hes under attack.Groves has been matched hard in his career and has been in some wars and had he had Booth in his corner for the first Froch fight I believe Groves would have won that night.Groves knows what its like to go in the trenches and tough it out where as Eubanks jnr has been matched very carefully and has had it all his own way that's how I knew Saunders would beat him when they fought.Thats why I favour Groves to beat Eubank as he knows how to grind out a win out from a tough fight,needless to say it will be an interesting fight as long as Groves gets past Cox first .

• Like 2

Groves had a fault of throwing a lot of nervous punches which depleted his energy during a fight,now he he knows firing off loads of needless snappy shots is not needed unless hes under attack.Groves has been matched hard in his career and has been in some wars and had he had Booth in his corner for the first Froch fight I believe Groves would have won that night.Groves knows what its like to go in the trenches and tough it out where as Eubanks jnr has been matched very carefully and has had it all his own way that's how I knew Saunders would beat him when they fought.Thats why I favour Groves to beat Eubank as he knows how to grind out a win out from a tough fight,needless to say it will be an interesting fight as long as Groves gets past Cox first .
Always enjoy your posts Mick there alway very informative and I see your point :thumbs: and as you say there's no compensating for experience. ..I've been looking at cox's fights the last few nights and I have to say I fancy groves all day long then hopefully we get to see what eubank jnr is really made of .

Great post Mick ? groves came very close in first froch fight , impressed me , wasn't surprised with result of rematch, lot of lads would if lost heart but not groves he just soldiers on whatevers chucked at him , deserves his title more than most British fighters , think he too much for smith or eubank jr, at the minute , fancied smith to start with but you cannot right groves off , think he will school jr

Looking forward to Groves vs Eubanks now....

Groves has to beat jamie cox first. We will find out how good cox is some people rate him.
This is true, sorry to be a little bit dismissive of the lad, but I think Grove will be a tad to experienced for him. But he has a chhance, it's a two horse race.
Do you think groves is the same fighter since the froch defeats? . Imo he lost more than just the match

His confidence took a bit of a battering, he should have seen it out in the first fight, the losses did affect him for a couple of fights, but I think he has improved in his last 3.....he looked a bit tentative, afraid to get hit....seems more sure of himself, if that makes sense....

• Like 1