Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

18 hours ago, kanny said:

Fury been trying to make another easy fight for him with chisora? ..I thought he was retired? 

Think he's just attention seeking/ taking the piss. Last fight they had Fury, to his credit, was motioning to the ref to stop the fight as DC was just soaking up punishment.

For a guy who is supposed to be retired and spending time with his family,Fury spends a lot of his time promoting himself on YouTube etc. I think he would destroy Usyk or AJ mind.

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Think he's just attention seeking/ taking the piss. Last fight they had Fury, to his credit, was motioning to the ref to stop the fight as DC was just soaking up punishment.

For a guy who is supposed to be retired and spending time with his family,Fury spends a lot of his time promoting himself on YouTube etc. I think he would destroy Usyk or AJ mind.

I suppose he needs to keep himself relevant just incase he decides to come out of retirement ?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

One of Scotland’s Greats ‘ not that I know a lot about him.

Obviously know the name ect .

he was a chippy, a good guy been in his company many times a long time ago, like the drink to much after the boxing was gone, he was pretty unwell a yr or so ago. in fact he is now in a care home with dementia, he is the only living british boxer in the international hall of fame

• Like 2
1 minute ago, big sid said:

he was a chippy, a good guy been in his company many times a long time ago, like the drink to much after the boxing was gone, he was pretty unwell a yr or so ago. in fact he is now in a care home with dementia, he is the only living british boxer in the international hall of fame

There's a documentary  about him on iplayer. Good watch.

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

When you have £150m in the bank you can do what ever you want ??

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Lol great City is Edinburgh 

best in the World for me.

Wilf would hate it as the ethnics have all integrated ‘all speaking in a broad Scottish accent ☺️?

Boxing thread mate , don’t make it about you with tangents of no relevance . 

although I do enjoy Edinburgh myself and agree with you about it as uks best city 

• Thanks 1
On 17/08/2022 at 11:53, Billy b said:

Yeah and in theory what a good cash out fight it is, relatively low risk for a very High pay, but if he does lose then I can't see where he can go, I know he would have got trounced but I think he should have had the golovkin fight when it was on the table for him years ago, he had plenty to say about it, and from what I remember it was nearly over the line and ready for him to take but it never came off, I'm sure a bit of digging would show an opponent more suitable for eubank but off the top of me head i can't think of one

I think most people would just like to see him chase legitimate honours in his own division 

Yeah eubanks not had the best career has he, and some weird things have been allowed to happen, what's all that about posing in between rounds without barely letting ronnie Davies get a word on? He has a fantastic engine in a fight, good conditioning, chin so would have been good to see him trained correctly like you say, and how much different it could have been for him, i don't think roy jones Jr has done wonders with him either personally ,it doesn't strike me as his style 

I think you probably answered your first point with your second point mate.....i would think looking further down the line Eubank knew a potential Benn fight would be a financially better,competitively easier fight than a Golovkin match up and so swerved him....again,pretty much as soon as Benn turned pro a Eubank fight was in the making.......with the natural physical gifts Eubank has his career has been wasted by ego and bullshit in my opinion.....terrible shame really.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
On 17/08/2022 at 13:20, mC HULL said:

i wouldn’t worry about what ben davidson thinks ? 

against fury the only one the footwork angles movement will be taxing on is usyk just trying to get inside 

Why on earth would Usyk want to get inside and be mauled and leaned on by an overgrown octopus.....he is the far superior boxer Usyk would be staying on the outside giving Fury front foot pressure and angles he has never seen before.....whether Fury would be simply too big is another question but then that applies to everyone he fights.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think you probably answered your first point with your second point mate.....i would think looking further down the line Eubank knew a potential Benn fight would be a financially better,competitively easier fight than a Golovkin match up and so swerved him....again,pretty much as soon as Benn turned pro a Eubank fight was in the making.......with the natural physical gifts Eubank has his career has been wasted by ego and bullshit in my opinion.....terribly shame really.

That's what it comes down to doesn't it a lot of the time the money each man stands to make

I agree, so much more could have happened in his career but too much shit got in the way, he's got to look back on that later and think what ever was I doing?

Snr seems to have gone missing since all this has come about, I'm sure he will appear at some stage though inevitably 

• Like 1
On 17/08/2022 at 13:22, Jonnysdust said:

Its always been strange with how Eubank jr seems to go for smaller guys than himself Benn jr, Kell Brook straight after the Khan win but when the opportunity is there for him to test himself against the top men at his weight or near to it he's not so interested anymore (GGG, Canelo). I think its much more about the easier pound notes then testing himself or legacy.

One thing is for sure Sky or whoever has the rights for the fight will do plenty of build up with Nigel & Chris snr going at it which will be entertaining.

Not sure id agree with that mate he fought both Saunders and Groves in pretty much their primes and both were equal if not slightly bigger than him......agree about Sky though they will milk it for all its worth but the reality is their dads genuinely despised each other and the boys dont,nobody can act that good.

On 17/08/2022 at 22:27, kanny said:

Anyone but chisora again except wilder lol...I'd rather watch a Wallin rematch...

I'll never understand how Fury has been allowed to get away with fighting the fighters he has fought.....besides which,f you're retired give the belts back and see you later....he cant honestly think people are stupid enough to fall for " retired " if Usyk wins and " coming out of retirement"  if Joshua wins surely !

• Like 2