Boxing At The Weekend...

Just now, MickC said:

Everything was against him in that fight.If he had won that fight hed have had the record for winning  a World title in the least number of fights , he won a belt in his next fight so equalled the record and is tied now with the Thai fighter who also won a World title in his third fight.

Yes it was but I also think he still won the fight, the commentary are lauding Salido but how the hell can you laud a blatant cheat! 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jobi said:

Has it been confirmed that he has asked Fury to step aside? 

Its been mentioned on a few forums but it seems to me Wilder would rather fight the Ruiz v Joshua winner before facing Fury again. Wilder is saying Fury is scared but Wilder will not risk it against Fury when he can fight the winner of the other rematch for the undisputed title. If Ruiz beats Joshua again I can see them trying to freeze Fury out. Haymon with his fighters with all the belts is not s good thing imo.

5 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Yes it was but I also think he still won the fight, the commentary are lauding Salido but how the hell can you laud a blatant cheat! 

I thought Loma had done enough for the win also.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Only I know Boxing ?When did I say that ?

But I can spot a stalker a mile off' don't worry your not alone BM is still the man lol ?

Glad to hear it max when you gain the Nick name of trigger of a few members of here it's   says a lot it's like  about boxing you haven't ever boxed or sparred  yet your a expert no nothing about body building yet your a expert go on about the great battle of bath st yet by your admission you were never involved in anything like that and  it wasn't st was it and I'm glad to see im  still the man if your in doubt you can always phone a friend or friends   ?

Edited by Blackmag
2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Oh that will devastate me won't it a few folk on a site calling me names lol because they keep getting a free education re football 

Boo hoo hoo ???

???

They're not calling you names Maxie ,they gave you nickname ,that's a friendly thing to do ,it's their way of saying that no matter how much absolute idiotic drivel you spout ,no matter how mentally challenged you appear to be ,  you are still accepted as part of this community ,,.it's THL version of care in the community .

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
17 hours ago, Jobi said:

Infuriates me like hell this bout. Blatantly failing to make weight and coming in to the ring two weight classes higher and fouling like mad throughout the fight. 

The ref was terrible but Lomachenko should have complained more imo, that inexperience in the pro game showed there. It's no good fighting clean like he was used to in the amateurs, when Salido hit him low he should have hit him back low even harder. 

they should stop all this weighing in 24-48 hours befor a fight....it should just be an hour befor......

the excuse is ....it stops fights being stoped if the fighter is to heavy an hour befor.....but that's bollox.....nearly all athaleats in most sports know there weight and more so boxers ....they should fight at the real weight ....not all this cutting bollox.....

• Like 4
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

It would prob leave fight fans disappointed Tomo if the don't make weight and fights are cancelled with hours to go.

Its no excuse but it would happen.

but theres no need for it be.......they know how heavy they are and what the weight class is.....if your a welterweight then you need to be 10 stone dead...not fecking 11....they should just stop it all.....

• Like 1

I'm sure its Olympic weightlifting where the lifters weigh in 1 or maybe 2 hours before the start of the event.....so theres no time to rehydrate safely in that time....and unlike other sports if two lifters are tied on the same weight at the end of the comp....the lighter lifter will win the event...even if hes just a few hundred grams lighter....

so if weightlifting can do it any sport can

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

It would prob leave fight fans disappointed Tomo if the don't make weight and fights are cancelled with hours to go.

Its no excuse but it would happen.

Not if they were fined their fight purse for not making weight it wouldnt.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I'm sure its Olympic weightlifting where the lifters weigh in 1 or maybe 2 hours before the start of the event.....so theres no time to rehydrate safely in that time....and unlike other sports if two lifters are tied on the same weight at the end of the comp....the lighter lifter will win the event...even if hes just a few hundred grams lighter....

so if weightlifting can do it any sport can

The only way to get a fair fight between 2 healthy physically matched fighters is to weigh in before the fight ive been saying it years.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, TOMO said:

they should stop all this weighing in 24-48 hours befor a fight....it should just be an hour befor......

the excuse is ....it stops fights being stoped if the fighter is to heavy an hour befor.....but that's bollox.....nearly all athaleats in most sports know there weight and more so boxers ....they should fight at the real weight ....not all this cutting bollox.....

They introduced the 24 hour weigh-in to try and make the sport safer as it allows one to rehydrate themselves more, but how the hell can letting a much bigger man get in the ring with someone 2 divisions lighter be safe. 

Yes I agree and putting the onus on the fighter to try and force him to still fight is wrong, if their opponent comes in heavy the fight should be called off end of and said fighter should take a fine. 

I do see Max's point though, imagine a massive fight getting called off at the last minute. It's not just us the fans that suffer but what about the other fighter that's trained his arse off for 2 or 3 months. 

On 03/09/2019 at 09:16, maxhardcore said:

ONE of the Best since the era of Ali ?

Lewis

Holyfield

Tyson 

after them who will have given Tyson Fury any trouble ?

And for folk to still think Fury only has Size as a forte is unbelievable.

I,ll listen to anyone talk about boxing and i think anyone is entitled to an opinion whether they have boxed or not.....but this whole " size " thing is something a person who hasnt boxed will never really understand....they just cant envisage things like the timing of footwork or the mental emotions of fight thinking,the clarity of thinking and working things out while under the pressure of a fight and how that size/distance relates to time....its hard sometimes trying to talk with people with no experience of a fight...i guess the same as a cricketer trying to talk to me about cricket theres things i just wont understand.

Using Fury as an example,its not that he cant box or move he can.....but its his sheer size that makes that movement hard to get around,he has average boxing ability and is fighting at the top level of the sport BECAUSE of his size not inspite of it.....technically he is no better than other domestic level heavyweights,he doesnt take command of the ring but instead bounces in and out of range stepping across the line forcing his opponent to readjust his feet creating enough distance to use the shoulder to create the barrier before bouncing in again,but constantly stepping off at angles to make the opponent reset.....he uses the jab as a range controller not as a weapon.....its all very basic stuff that every young boxer gets taught.....but at his size that very basic ability becomes a hard task for opponents to get around....he doesnt punch hard and cant take a great shot.....his qualities all work well because of his size.

Its the complete opposite to Anthony Joshua who is a raider that fights in bursts,he doesnt have the gas tank to fight the full 3 minutes of a round so fires off in flurries then if it doesnt lead to anything he retreats and regroups.....the slightest scent of blood he go,s in for the kill and is an elite clinical finisher.

A fighter fights to his greatest advantage if Fury stood and traded in a toe to toe with Joshua he would get carried out the ring and if Joshua stood off having a jabbing match with Fury he wouldnt win a round.....is one better than the other no not really they could have 10 fights and win 5 each thats how heavyweight boxing is sometimes.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, Jobi said:

I do see Max's point though, imagine a massive fight getting called off at the last minute. It's not just us the fans that suffer but what about the other fighter that's trained his arse off for 2 or 3 months. 

I get what you're saying,  so moreso the need for an overweight fighter to be fined. There's got to be a starting point, and as soon as those fighters get fined, fighters, and trainers will start taking note and then 'perhaps'  we'll get fairer match ups? 

21 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I get what you're saying,  so moreso the need for an overweight fighter to be fined. There's got to be a starting point, and as soon as those fighters get fined, fighters, and trainers will start taking note and then 'perhaps'  we'll get fairer match ups? 

You can fine the fighters and that may make them more diligent but that still doesn't solve the problem when it actually does happen.