Boxing At The Weekend...

Well it's this weekend Lomachenko takes on Campbell, the Hull lads size might make Loma think but his class will eventually shine through IMO. 

Hughie Fury takes on Povetkin, Hughie now has a better resume than their Tyson. I think Povetkin knocks him out, one thing is for sure I ain't paying for it. ?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What you make if the Edward's fight. Think he was going to get beat however the punch on the ground was a joke

I don't know, the way he curled up in to a ball and didn't answer any shots before falling make me think he was going to jack anyway. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 1

Loma as good as he is needs to move back down in weight, the size was telling tonight it looked like Campbell was two weight divisions bigger. Talk of Loma fighting above the Lightweight division is madness imo.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, MickC said:

Loma as good as he is needs to move back down in weight, the size was telling tonight it looked like Campbell was two weight divisions bigger. Talk of Loma fighting above the Lightweight division is madness imo.

Yep fully agree, it's not the weight so much but it's the height and short arms that put him at a big disadvantage. Look at Mayweather when he went up through the weights, apart from Corrales I can't think of any opponent that was really any taller or longer. 

11 hours ago, Jobi said:

I don't know, the way he curled up in to a ball and didn't answer any shots before falling make me think he was going to jack anyway. 

I wouldnt say he was going to jack but Edwards was done, the last body shot was very late but it got him a NC so he kept his belt, be interesting to see how he goes about the rematch/if he takes it or moves up.

Edited by MickC
6 minutes ago, MickC said:

I wouldnt say he was going to jack but Edwards was done, the last body shot was very late but it got him a NC so he kept his belt, be interesting to see how he goes about the rematch/if he takes it or moves up.

Charlie Edwards cannot make Flyweight anymore i,ll be amazed to see him fight a return....they were good shots he got caught with but shots he would be able to take if he wasnt dead at the weight....that said he was very lucky to come out of that fight without a loss.

3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Hughies only a baby, he,ll dust himself off and come again and again and again , think peter wants it more than hughie, ??

Pretty fair assessment i thought....the lad takes a good shot but just isnt good enough at that level you cant spend 90% of a fight on the back foot and expect to win rounds unless you completely dominate opponents catching them with clean shots and Fury doesnt do that....i thought Povetkin looked old....the domestic heavyweight scene is on fire at the moment Fury needs to be getting amongst those sort of fights rather than chasing titles.

As for Campbell i thought he did ok but having such a size advantage and barely winning a round can never be seen as doing well... Lomachenko is outstanding his footwork is poetry in motion but its size that will eventually beat him and Campbell had that.

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Pretty fair assessment i thought....the lad takes a good shot but just isnt good enough at that level you cant spend 90% of a fight on the back foot and expect to win rounds unless you completely dominate opponents catching them with clean shots and Fury doesnt do that....i thought Povetkin looked old....the domestic heavyweight scene is on fire at the moment Fury needs to be getting amongst those sort of fights rather than chasing titles.

As for Campbell i thought he did ok but having such a size advantage and barely winning a round can never be seen as doing well... Lomachenko is outstanding his footwork is poetry in motion but its size that will eventually beat him and Campbell had that.

H fury is a bad fighter to watch due to how tired ya get watching him run away, I don’t know what it is but it’s as if he lacks the instinct to go forward and fight, like watching paint dry, I don’t think he’s world class but prob do better in the domestic scene as you say, they need him to go on the attack more. Do you think his trainer is at fault for allowing it to happen every fight or is it just hughie himself?

If only Fury could straighten that right hand and turn it over properly he would be so much more effective. 

Nonetheless you can't knock the kid for stepping in the ring with decent albeit past it fighters, he's now probably got a better resume than their Tyson.