Boxing At The Weekend...

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

World champ mate. Controversial  no contest at the weekend. Reckon he was due to get beat. Hope he moves up a weight which reinforces the recent discussion in this thread. Hopefully sunny does the business tonight

What weight is he mate, haven't really been on the ball for a couple of years to be honest? ?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

You not know sunny edwards? Charlie Edward's brother. Very good fighter 

I've heard of Charlie but I'd be lying again if I knew who he was without looking him up. Not knocking them in the slightest just don't follow it as much as I used to apart from the big fights. 

• Like 1
On 14/09/2019 at 14:42, Jobi said:

When have you done it, thought you was a HW? No HW I know has had to make weight. 

I'm not clutching at anything, I agree with the principle but I just think it would cause a massive headache and infuriate the fans. 

I boxed from about 6 years old i didnt come out the womb looking like this ?

Missing weight is missing weight it doesnt matter to fans when it is.

• Haha 1

Smashing night of boxing last night did any of you boys watch the Lucien Reid fight ? what did you make of it ?.....he,s a local lad and a nice kid i was jumping out my seat shouting him on and was really confident he had won the bout.....but it was judged a draw i was gutted.....the York Hall was on fire for that fight great atmosphere.

Edited by gnasher16
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Thought Joyce had a tougher evening than dubious with this interview, but another belt and a step forward for a genuine British prospect ??

Yeah that tetteh looked about the poorest oponent he's had so far, apart from marcus kelly lol  ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MickC said:

Id still like to see Dubois v Joyce, I dont think Joyce fancies it tbh though . 

I don't think joyce would last 3 rounds, to be honest. Dubois is getting quicker as he matures, and has serious power. Joyce aint going to improve any more

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I don't think joyce would last 3 rounds, to be honest. Dubois is getting quicker as he matures, and has serious power. Joyce aint going to improve any more

From what I've seen Dubois looks a real future prospect, its heavies so anything can happen, but he looks like he improves with every fight...I think hes too much for Joyce tbh

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

From what I've seen Dubois looks a real future prospect, its heavies so anything can happen, but he looks like he improves with every fight...I think hes too much for Joyce tbh

Definitely. I don't get excited by heavyweights generally, but I think dubois is definitely the number one prospect. I just hope they don't rush him over the next couple of years. I know they've got to put him in competetive fights, and last night's wasn't one, for him to progress, but it would be a shame now if they thought, 'right, he's knocking everyone sideways, let's get him a world title shot'. Give him another couple of years to mature, another seven or eight fights, I reckon he'd be too much for anyone

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Shark mate I agree there is no need to rush Dubois so its probably a good thing all the title holders are tied up.I also think Dubois will stop Joyce but maybe a little later in the fight. Joyce is robotic and predictable but very strong and does take a good shot . Joyce would be the ideal step up for Dubois for the European title before Dubois looks to World honours and Joyce would be able to give Dubois his hardest test so far, defo a good fight that needs to happen but like I mentioned I dont think Joyce fancies it.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1