Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Given his professional career and record I doubt he can give any champion advice he would be better getting ready for Egan or any other that's accepted his challenges 

Sure I seen him moaning that Mike tyson picked jake paul over him the other week 

10 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Sure I seen him moaning that Mike tyson picked jake paul over him the other week 

Probably Welsh wouldn't surprise me what has he done in the ring  to call out Tyson or froch nothing he's bottled it against micky Theo and Joe Egan and a few others aswell 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Probably Welsh wouldn't surprise me what has he done in the ring  to call out Tyson or froch nothing he's bottled it against micky Theo and Joe Egan and a few others aswell 

That's a bit unfair on the fella, saying he's bottled it, he could just be pre occupied on the HARD ROAD

you know?

On 05/04/2024 at 00:32, mC HULL said:

it was a great fight 2 class fighters but ali wanted to stop frazier wanted to carry on worse for wear 

you can hear him saying it 

But he didnt....ive seen plenty of fighters want to quit but then get talked around by their corner....its what they're there for.

Nigel Benn asked to be pulled out against Mclellend and went on to win an absolute dog fight,it happens.

• Like 3
On 10/04/2024 at 18:03, NEWKID said:

What round is wilder getting sparked out then? 

IMG_20240410_180204.jpg.ca5d07a65cffb157a12fa2f76a81fcd4.jpg

Thats a decent fight if it go's ahead....might finally show Wilder for what he is.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats a decent fight if it go's ahead....might finally show Wilder for what he is.

Parker exposed all his weaknesses but didn't have the power to stop him...Zhang is a decent enough boxer and has some power, could be a nightmare for Wilder 

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Parker exposed all his weaknesses but didn't have the power to stop him...Zhang is a decent enough boxer and has some power, could be a nightmare for Wilder 

Personally i think theres plenty of top heavyweights,even fringe world level heavyweights who would be a nightmare for Wilder.

• Like 3

Sad news just announced that former British and Commonwealth light welter champ Willie Limond has died aged only 45. I was in a boozer in Wales having just completed the 3 peaks challenge the night he fought Khan. Put him on the floor but didn’t have quite enough to put him away. Brave fighter and gone far too young. RIP champ.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
36 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Sad news just announced that former British and Commonwealth light welter champ Willie Limond has died aged only 45. I was in a boozer in Wales having just completed the 3 peaks challenge the night he fought Khan. Put him on the floor but didn’t have quite enough to put him away. Brave fighter and gone far too young. RIP champ.

Weird that the ol woman just shouted out less than a minute ago " do you know who Willie Limond is ".......

Shame that though i was told a while back he was preparing for a fight of some description,i cant imagine that would of been a good idea.....RIP anyway,good fighter.

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Shame that though i was told a while back he was preparing for a fight of some description,i cant imagine that would of been a good idea.....RIP anyway,good fighter.

I know he fought Ricky Burns in an exhibition thing last year, which I thought was meant to be a farewell and thanks to the fans thing for two lads from the West of Scotland. Just read he was training for another bout next month. Apparently had a seizure at the wheel of a car. Hopefully not linked to him still fighting but wouldn’t be surprised. Sad that some of these old fighters don’t know how to stop for the good of their health.

5 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

I know he fought Ricky Burns in an exhibition thing last year, which I thought was meant to be a farewell and thanks to the fans thing for two lads from the West of Scotland. Just read he was training for another bout next month. Apparently had a seizure at the wheel of a car. Hopefully not linked to him still fighting but wouldn’t be surprised. Sad that some of these old fighters don’t know how to stop for the good of their health.

Theres a lot of studies on head trauma being done at the moment personally i dont think fight sports have much more than a generation or two left......even heading the ball in football theres a big furore about that......this over protection of peoples rights will kill certain sports in time im sure of it.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, mC HULL said:

no one is daft enough to bet usyk beats fury lol

Answer this with all honesty  , Usyk will win I know that. But  if fury looses, what excuses w ill you come up with.. I think likes of fury, wilder  Aj  Usyk will all retire in 2 years. And let's hope the next heavyweight division  are better than this bunch now. 💪👍