Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I reckon that Peter Fury is the brains in that outfit tbh you dont seem to see him spouting bollox like John.

he talks some shite aswell 

the only sensible one is the brother shane talks sense all the time 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I honestly believe that boxing has fallen into the same trap that football fell into where its just so big and popular that it starts getting exploited in order to address political or society issues of the day.....Fury is a perfect example i think any other fighter at any other time the WBC would have stripped him ages ago.....the governing bodies only get paid when their champions fight yet having pulled the " mental health " stroke out the bag they have allowed him to go all this time without defending his belt or having any meaningful fights.......both Ryan Garcia and whats his name Charlo have used mental health issues to avoid fights and its now a get out of jail free card for fighters in my opinion......likewise these " anybody can be whoever they want to be " type of cross over fights or Saudi Arabia being allowed to exploit sport to show what a wonderful country it is......the integrity of boxing is suffering and its all the inevitable trade off of when sport and politics collide.

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I honestly believe that boxing has fallen into the same trap that football fell into where its just so big and popular that it starts getting exploited in order to address political or society issues of the day.....Fury is a perfect example i think any other fighter at any other time the WBC would have stripped him ages ago.....the governing bodies only get paid when their champions fight yet having pulled the " mental health " stroke out the bag they have allowed him to go all this time without defending his belt or having any meaningful fights.......both Ryan Garcia and whats his name Charlo have used mental health issues to avoid fights and its now a get out of jail free card for fighters in my opinion......likewise these " anybody can be whoever they want to be " type of cross over fights or Saudi Arabia being allowed to exploit sport to show what a wonderful country it is......the integrity of boxing is suffering and its all the inevitable trade off of when sport and politics collide.

I tell you what Gnash, if fury not fought usyk by may-June 2024, they should take his licence of him, and let who that belt fight usyk. That family gypsy's, have brought it down to there level in the shit.! 

• Thanks 1
On 31/10/2023 at 08:07, keepdiggin said:

Did you ever come across John fury mate in the past?

Only in gym passing really obviously long before he ever became " famous ".....i spent a few months in the 80's sparring at a gym up in Bradford that he occasionally used as well i didnt really know him he struck me as a quiet unassuming type just came in did his training and went off home whereas most of the lads would hang about chatting bollocks after training.....think ive told the story before where his mouth did get him into trouble with Frank Grant outside the gym one day but in all honesty until Tyson Fury sprung up id forgotten who John was until someone reminded me that was the geezer who had the incident with Frank.....in all fairness i dont like it when folk take the piss out of his ring career no he wasnt the greatest fighter but he wasnt the worst either and gave it a go in a tough sport.....but theres no doubt about it the man has turned into a complete idiot cartoon character in recent years.

• Like 2
On 30/10/2023 at 17:55, Lenmcharristar said:

It needs a heavey to school ngannou in the next fight to save grace, and it needs to be a ko or stoppage, wilder or zhang is the names for me, but it will end up whyte or chizora and he will look even better ffs

On that display i dont think Ngannou would beat Whyte,Zhang,Wilder or even Chisora.....and that puts it into perspective just how bad Fury was....in fairness Ngannou did better in a boxing ring than any other mma fighter but for me thats just because Fury was so awful.....he made the adjustments in footwork quite well,the shot he caught Fury with in round 3 was just basic catch & counter and that isnt part of mma striking as when using that technique in boxing you have to commit to the footwork and have faith in the " catch " defensive part so that you are in range to throw the counter.....the footwork between mma and boxing is totally different and he coped with that quite well but thats not to say he is now a boxer and for me any of those names above would have beaten Ngannou and/or Fury the other night,if Ngannous next fight is against top opposition you'll see just how bad it reflects on Furys performance against him.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Only in gym passing really obviously long before he ever became " famous ".....i spent a few months in the 80's sparring at a gym up in Bradford that he occasionally used as well i didnt really know him he struck me as a quiet unassuming type just came in did his training and went off home whereas most of the lads would hang about chatting bollocks after training.....think ive told the story before where his mouth did get him into trouble with Frank Grant outside the gym one day but in all honesty until Tyson Fury sprung up id forgotten who John was until someone reminded me that was the geezer who had the incident with Frank.....in all fairness i dont like it when folk take the piss out of his ring career no he wasnt the greatest fighter but he wasnt the worst either and gave it a go in a tough sport.....but theres no doubt about it the man has turned into a complete idiot cartoon character in recent years.

Thanks for the reply pal

43 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

On that display i dont think Ngannou would beat Whyte,Zhang,Wilder or even Chisora.....and that puts it into perspective just how bad Fury was....in fairness Ngannou did better in a boxing ring than any other mma fighter but for me thats just because Fury was so awful.....he made the adjustments in footwork quite well,the shot he caught Fury with in round 3 was just basic catch & counter and that isnt part of mma striking as when using that technique in boxing you have to commit to the footwork and have faith in the " catch " defensive part so that you are in range to throw the counter.....the footwork between mma and boxing is totally different and he coped with that quite well but thats not to say he is now a boxer and for me any of those names above would have beaten Ngannou and/or Fury the other night,if Ngannous next fight is against top opposition you'll see just how bad it reflects on Furys performance against him.

Yes mate i agree with you there, not one of furys best days at the office. You could see he knew he let himself and boxing down.

14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Bit off subject but what is your opinion of usyk gnasher obviously not a natural heavyweight so I kind of guess the basics of your answer but neither was holyfield jones so I guess works for some and not others and then obviously the chances and experience they get once there?

Usyk vs holyfield or Jones etc would be interesting on paper anyway more than fury but maybe seen as not the same test and going backwards? but I was just interested in your opinion as I like usyk although perhaps not as much raw power as above fighters and more technical but I think would have been a good fight compared to a usyk Fury fight?

And would the outcome of the latter be mainly down to size as apart from his foot work and feints etc you don't see much power to size weight ratio with Fury?

One thing for sure if it did happen with Fury and usyk?and Fury doesn't knock him out then Fury would have to train for the long haul as usuk will try to take him apart with combinations and has a big gas tank👍

• Like 1