Boxing At The Weekend...

59 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

So want do you think of fury ducking usyk again Mac? 

Fight set for 23 Dec now put back.. 

piss take if true mate seen fury before hand  saying it’s 23rd usyk has signed it if he doesn’t he will be sued so he’s going to look a proper c**t if he pulls 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

piss take if true mate seen fury before hand  saying it’s 23rd usyk has signed it if he doesn’t he will be sued so he’s going to look a proper c**t if he pulls 

He IS a proper c**t, Gooey!!

How many more lies, hypocrisy and absolute bullshit has he got to try get away with until you wake up and see him for what he really is?!!

How is it, that EVERY fight usyk has been involved with has gone smooth as f**k, no problems whatsoever, but when a fury fight is trying to be made, there are all sorts of problems, even after usyk has signed.  Not enough money for fury, rematch shite, etc etc etc, ALL from fury's side?!!

Fury NEVER HAS wanted to fight the 'middleweight dwarf, gappy toothed little rat b*****d, despite his regular social media rants!!

• Like 6

I'm a very casual boxing fan . I don't understand the business side of it so can someone explain to me why the boxers can decide when and who they fight unlike the UFC where matches are made from up high 

I've been watching a fair bit of UFC the last couple of years as the lad who works for me is mad on it so I get all the backstory of which fight is which and who is fighting who , it seems a much better way to have fights where their is a puppet master at the top making sure their is top quality fights happening when fighters are in their prime . What I also like is even though some fighters have defeats on their record it isn't covetted as much as they are in the boxing world 

I know their is different belts in boxing (which I don't quite understand) but surely having someone telling fighters "your fighting him next" would be better for the sport and make for a better spectacle 

All I've seen on boxing recently is people dodging and constant constant talking about money money money and legacy etc . Its quite nauseating watching them all dance around avoiding fighting each other and bitching and lying about each other about who ducked who etc 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I'm a very casual boxing fan . I don't understand the business side of it so can someone explain to me why the boxers can decide when and who they fight unlike the UFC where matches are made from up high 

I've been watching a fair bit of UFC the last couple of years as the lad who works for me is mad on it so I get all the backstory of which fight is which and who is fighting who , it seems a much better way to have fights where their is a puppet master at the top making sure their is top quality fights happening when fighters are in their prime . What I also like is even though some fighters have defeats on their record it isn't covetted as much as they are in the boxing world 

I know their is different belts in boxing (which I don't quite understand) but surely having someone telling fighters "your fighting him next" would be better for the sport and make for a better spectacle 

All I've seen on boxing recently is people dodging and constant constant talking about money money money and legacy etc . Its quite nauseating watching them all dance around avoiding fighting each other and bitching and lying about each other about who ducked who etc 

That last paragraph is a corker, mate!!  Lol 👍.

But, I will say, usyk hasen't avoided anyone.  That's fury's m o.  👍.

I think gnasher would be the one to run it all by you, as I' ve pretty much lost all interest in heavyweight boxing.  👍

Edited by shaaark
5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

That last paragraph is a corker, mate!!  Lol 👍.

But, I will say, usyk hasen't avoided anyone.  That's fury's m o.  👍.

I think gnasher would be the one to run it all by you, as I' ve pretty much lost all interest in heavyweight boxing.  👍

It reminds me of high school girls all bitchy to eachother and underhanded . Fury is a massive mouthpiece shouting loud about how much money he's got and setting deadlines that he doesn't even keep . Eddie hearn with AJ is just the same and they all moan saying the other fighter dodged their guy . They both want a "legacy" which seems to be the main word these days . But it all comes down to money and that's quite depressing . 

And your right about usuk , was happy enough to accept tyson fury bluff and got let down 

Also John fury should be banned from all boxing press conferences he's a absolute idiot , walking round with his top off at tyson fury face off . The guys got a proper mental problem that should be looked into 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Also John fury should be banned from all boxing press conferences he's a absolute idiot , walking round with his top off at tyson fury face off . The guys got a proper mental problem that should be looked into 

Spot on Welsh what a embarrassment he his to boxing  and at his age should know better especially given his own boxing achievements he's got to earn a crust some how I suppose funny how quiet he's been theses last few days 

Edited by Blackmag

At the end of the day the truth is that a true world champion doesn't exist..

No matter what discipline of sport a #1 world champion is impossible..simply because to be a real world champion you would have to compete against every other person on the planet..which is utterly impossible..

So 2 men in a ring fighting to be called a world champion is total nonsense in itself..its simply 2 men fighting for a ridiculous amount of £ that's been promoted for the gullible public to pay for...

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Spot on Welsh what a embarrassment he his to boxing  and at his age should know better especially given his own boxing achievements he's got to earn a crust some how I suppose funny how quiet he's been theses last few days 

he couldn’t get in that motor quick enough could he lol when that reporter was trying to interview him he couldn’t even look his way 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

You can see how proud he is of tyson fury and I don't blame him , John fury got to a certain level and his son has lived the dream he would have had for himself but it should stop at that , theirs a selfish side to him where he has to crowbar himself into everything and act a certain way to feel as if he's important when truth be told he's probably more of a hindrance to both of his kids.  He makes out its to sell the fight but tyson fury can do that on his own and if both fighters are good enough the fight sells itself.  He's a absolute arse when it comes to the other brother tommy who obviously isn't anywhere near a good level but is doing his own thing and trying to get money but his dad is like a circus attraction round him throwing out gambles to the opposition or trying to get a fight with Mike tyson.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Do you not think that regardless of Saturdays circus , there was a bit of “we need to get our act together “ as a boxing community post the fight ? 

the public have had shit served as steak from the heavyweights for quite some time now , I think as no more than a passing fan that the likes of the Crawford , Garcia fights are far more what the sports about than the latest instalment of two from a pool of the usual suspects shouting at each other you tube for click bait . 

Has f n just came along and held a mirror up to the sport and it’s supposed top levels ? 

where does h w boxing go from here ? 

I honestly believe that boxing has fallen into the same trap that football fell into where its just so big and popular that it starts getting exploited in order to address political or society issues of the day.....Fury is a perfect example i think any other fighter at any other time the WBC would have stripped him ages ago.....the governing bodies only get paid when their champions fight yet having pulled the " mental health " stroke out the bag they have allowed him to go all this time without defending his belt or having any meaningful fights.......both Ryan Garcia and whats his name Charlo have used mental health issues to avoid fights and its now a get out of jail free card for fighters in my opinion......likewise these " anybody can be whoever they want to be " type of cross over fights or Saudi Arabia being allowed to exploit sport to show what a wonderful country it is......the integrity of boxing is suffering and its all the inevitable trade off of when sport and politics collide.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

For a person who constantly claims to have strong morals and principles that man has absolutely no respect for himself whatsoever.

• Like 3

in all the various factions being world champion is no longer about being the best, it`s about making the maximum amount of money and the heavies are the worst for it, IMO there is no-one with any interest in being anything other than the richest one out there, greed, at all levels has killed boxing.

• Like 1