Boxing At The Weekend...

5 hours ago, tonyormy1 said:

IT Doesent  get any higher mate he got to the top of that pyrimed and fought one of the best on the planet THE LAD HAS THE HART OF A LION AND SOME MORE WHAT A TOUGH LAD

Anyone who knows John knew his heart was never in question even from a young boy ive never seen even a hint of quit in that lad.....after the first knockdown i could see he had lost any belief that he could actually win and so yes,toughness,pride and in fairness a little bit of ability is what carried him over the line.

Personally i thought the scorecards were a disgrace but what do you expect.....i had John winning at least 3 maybe 4 rounds....no he wasnt hurting Canelo but he was still landing scoring shots.....like a pal of mine said if it was only about shots that hurt an opponent Mayweather would have lost 20 fights !.........out of curiosity mate did you score any/many rounds for John ?

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

John ryders gutsy performance against canelo was a highlight of an otherwise boring weekend for boxing. Best fight other than that was the denny vs McGowan fight 

Nobody deserved a good payday more than ryder,a no nonsense fighter who just goes to work 

Yes buatsi is a very strange one,I can't bear to watch him to be honest,all the talent is there but he would put a glass eye to sleep 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Anyone who knows John knew his heart was never in question even from a young boy ive never seen even a hint of quit in that lad.....after the first knockdown i could see he had lost any belief that he could actually win and so yes,toughness,pride and in fairness a little bit of ability is what carried him over the line.

Personally i thought the scorecards were a disgrace but what do you expect.....i had John winning at least 3 maybe 4 rounds....no he wasnt hurting Canelo but he was still landing scoring shots.....like a pal of mine said if it was only about shots that hurt an opponent Mayweather would have lost 20 fights !.........out of curiosity mate did you score any/many rounds for John ?

yes i reckon 3 at least and how hell he managed a brocken nose earlyer on 2 knock downs what a boy if that fight was anywere else them score cards  would be alot closer and he deffo got the respect of the home fans And  canelo and rightley so

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of years to late but still promises to be a cracking fight, think size and age give Haney the advantage but Lomas technical ability is still worth a watch a could still cause an upset 

Come on fight fans it’s here, I think Haney will be tested like never before and possibly exposed, looked a little lost when he fought linares to me but he has youth and size on his side shame I,m off out tonight but looking forward to watching in the morning 

On 24/04/2023 at 19:25, Astanley said:

I do mate yes ,and I'm quite happy to have people disagree with me ,I certainly wouldn't call them punch drunk for having an opinion ,,I think sometimes people get a bit hung up on records etc ,I see what I see ,and technically I have never seen anyone better .but it's just an opinion .

lomachenko amateur style cost him again last night 

Thought the last 3 rounds were enough to clinch it for Loma, every other round really tight to score... I could only see a Lona win when it went to points, he'll be gutted with that decision...

• Like 2