Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

It could have gone either way for me , I think Haney did the cleaner more eye catching work but I also thought Loma coming on in the later rounds might have been just enough to swing it for him . I wouldn't call it robbery...

• Like 1
On 22/05/2023 at 18:48, kanny said:

It could have gone either way for me , I think Haney did the cleaner more eye catching work but I also thought Loma coming on in the later rounds might have been just enough to swing it for him . I wouldn't call it robbery...

Agreed....i thought Loma just about deserved the nod simply because in an otherwise very even fight he had Haney in more trouble than Haney had him in ( 9th or 11th round was it i forget now ).....but it wasnt a robbery Loma gave too many rounds away waiting too long to get off....the 116 - 112 was poor but 115 - 113 either way i wouldnt of argued.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Agreed....i thought Loma just about deserved the nod simply because in an otherwise very even fight he had Haney in more trouble than Haney had him in ( 9th or 11th round was it i forget now ).....but it wasnt a robbery Loma gave too many rounds away waiting too long to get off....the 116 - 112 was poor but 115 - 113 either way i wouldnt of argued.

Why do you think all the judges were american an the ref,that couldnt be right gnash,thats not the way they normally do it?

50 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Why do you think all the judges were american a the ref,that couldnt be right gnash,thats not the way they normally do it?

Always thought the judges were generally from the state the bout is held in mate ? New Jersey , Nevada etc ?? 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Always thought the judges were generally from the state the bout is held in mate ? New Jersey , Nevada etc ?? 

nevada commission are bent as f**k always dodgy judges same ones 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Francie, said:

Why do you think all the judges were american an the ref,that couldnt be right gnash,thats not the way they normally do it?

Its never been any different at that level thats part of the reason i lose interest in fighters when they go beyond domestic level.....our BBBOC are not perfect they make mistakes but they are not inherently corrupt like the Nevada Commission....Las Vegas judges generally fall in line with what Arum or Heyman want....one of the judges Dave Moretti was called corrupt by Larry Holmes after the first Holmes/Spinks fight that was in 1985 !!....if the geezer isnt corrupt he's senile but again thats how it go's at that level everything is geared up towards the money and on this occasion Haney was the money fighter....right down to the weigh in who's ever heard of weighing in 36 hours before a fight thats a day and a half to rehydrate,hence why Haney looked a bag of bones on the scales but full and strong in the ring but Loma just looked the same,4 handpicked officials and so on.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its never been any different at that level thats part of the reason i lose interest in fighters when they go beyond domestic level.....our BBBOC are not perfect they make mistakes but they are not inherently corrupt like the Nevada Commission....Las Vegas judges generally fall in line with what Arum or Heyman want....one of the judges Dave Moretti was called corrupt by Larry Holmes after the first Holmes/Spinks fight that was in 1985 !!....if the geezer isnt corrupt he's senile but again thats how it go's at that level everything is geared up towards the money and on this occasion Haney was the money fighter....right down to the weigh in who's ever heard of weighing in 36 hours before a fight thats a day and a half to rehydrate,hence why Haney looked a bag of bones on the scales but full and strong in the ring but Loma just looked the same,4 handpicked officials and so on.

spot on gnash our bbboc would of had at least an english and  a ukranian judge 

that morreti is a joke same as byrd ect that baylis mayweather likes was the worse ref i’ve ever seen with cortez a close second 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

CANELO DOES the rehydrate clause all the time the size from weigh in to when he gets in the ring he always looks huge

On 24/05/2023 at 12:48, tonyormy1 said:

CANELO DOES the rehydrate clause all the time the size from weigh in to when he gets in the ring he always looks huge

Rehydration clauses are one thing but this wasnt even a clause with check weights and so on....24 hours is normal but they managed to stretch that to 32 hours....and then on the day of the weigh in actually weighed in 4 hours earlier than scheduled making it 36 hours !.....by the time Haney got to the ring he was a middleweight....lets see how he would of fared against Marvin Hagler !!!...its spoiling the game....ive said for as long as i can remember get fighters weighed in before the fight in the ring itself if you really want fair contests.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 9

Some good fights over the weekend i thought the lad Billam Smith held it together well i think id have had to kick that c**t Okolie in the face holding on like that....thats the trouble when you rely on power and have never learned how to box and move.

Thought that lad Jack Catterall boxed beautifully i really enjoyed watching him,hopefully he go's on to world honours.

Wasnt at all surprised that lad Conlon got chinned again ive never seen what the fuss was about with him.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Can’t stand Lopez another who’s mouth let’s him down, should have focused on being great and keeping the belts when he had them instead of the hype really hope Taylor does a job on him, anyways should be a bit of a banger for the weekend 

• Like 1
On 29/05/2023 at 23:21, gnasher16 said:

Some good fights over the weekend i thought the lad Billam Smith held it together well i think id have had to kick that c**t Okolie in the face holding on like that....thats the trouble when you rely on power and have never learned how to box and move.

Thought that lad Jack Catterall boxed beautifully i really enjoyed watching him,hopefully he go's on to world honours.

Wasnt at all surprised that lad Conlon got chinned again ive never seen what the fuss was about with him.

Okolie was a mess, it was frustrating to watch let alone being Billam-Smith and being wrestled every 10 seconds! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

Can’t stand Lopez another who’s mouth let’s him down, should have focused on being great and keeping the belts when he had them instead of the hype really hope Taylor does a job on him, anyways should be a bit of a banger for the weekend 

i can’t stand taylor gobshite how he kept the belts after caterall fight i’ll never know 

• Like 3