Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

?good head movement answered everything whyte did been inactive years aswell 

i missed ryder only saw gorman wardley and the main mate 

Yeah mate, like Otto Wallin and Tom Schwarz Shame these guys don’t get a better platform. 

would like to see Franklin in action again 

On 25/11/2022 at 18:42, mC HULL said:

i can’t believe you seriously think joshua at any point would a beat fury ? 

he was juiced up to heavy and gassed after 4 rounds 

I kind of guessed you wouldnt....but its ok its a trait of gypsy queens in general :thumbs:

Joshuas style back then would have been all wrong for Fury.....Fury at that time stood and fought back if he was pressured....and quite often came unstuck even against weak opposition.....it wasnt till more recently he learned to use his size.......also at that early stage Joshua was using a very basic first & third style of boxing,countering the counter....and he was good at it as being thats pretty much all he had he mastered it.....in more recent times though he has been given this ridiculous back foot stick and move style to adhere to and its probably cost him his career !

Again,at that time 5 or 6 years ago id have made Joshua favourite for those reasons.

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I kind of guessed you wouldnt....but its ok its a trait of gypsy queens in general :thumbs:

Joshuas style back then would have been all wrong for Fury.....Fury at that time stood and fought back if he was pressured....and quite often came unstuck even against weak opposition.....it wasnt till more recently he learned to use his size.......also at that early stage Joshua was using a very basic first & third style of boxing,countering the counter....and he was good at it as being thats pretty much all he had he mastered it.....in more recent times though he has been given this ridiculous back foot stick and move style to adhere to and its probably cost him his career !

Again,at that time 5 or 6 years ago id have made Joshua favourite for those reasons.

I think if you go back in this thread a few of said the same... at the time Fury never seemed to "throw his weight" or set himself to properly throw punches, it was a lot of backwards movement and flicking punches out... Joshua was, at the time, very much on the front foot and dangerous, his combinations were decent when finishing... so he had every chance of beating Fury at the time with there styles...

Joshua has gone backwards, lost confidence, looks confused at times now... where as Fury has improved Imo... is happy to set himself and throw... and can box better than AJ... so now he'd be favourite...

We all know that ain't how it works, and I'd like to see it happen, AJ to throw caution to the wind and fight a 6 round fight... but it probably won't so we are left with the Haevywright champion fighting a bloke who he has beaten twice and was beaten by his last opponent.. 

9 hours ago, TAXI DRIVER said:

Fabio Wardley was very impressive against Nathan Gorman for the British title. 

Cracking little tear up that wasnt it.

And absolutely over the moon to see my boy John Ryder get the win he completely deserved it....and for anyone thinking theres a cloud over the win because Parkers hand went....bullshit !.....much as im loathe to say any pro fighter quit.....Parker did what a fighter can never do he outright quit on physical pain......theres no point walking round showing everyone your hand after the fight like your arms hanging off a good determined and experienced pro knows how to get through bad moments in fights....there wont be many ex pro's that hasnt had a hand go during a fight its the same for everyone.....2 or 3 rounds on the move because you cant throw it,then the hand swells up in the glove and go's numb and you can start throwing it again......very poor from Parker that was to not even try....but again thats why John deserved the win,no way in a million years he would have packed it in like that as he has the determination,durability and physical/mental toughness to get through bad moments........now f**k it lets get after Canello ?.....come on the Gorilla :boogy:

Edited by gnasher16
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Cracking little tear up that wasnt it.

And absolutely over the moon to see my boy John Ryder get the win he completely deserved it....and for anyone thinking theres a cloud over the win because Parkers hand went....bullshit !.....much as im loathe to say any pro fighter quit.....Parker did what a fighter can never do he outright quit on physical pain......theres no point walking round showing everyone your hand after the fight like your arms hanging off a good determined and experienced pro knows how to get through bad moments in fights....there wont be many ex pro's that hasnt had a hand go during a fight its the same for everyone.....2 or 3 rounds on the move because you cant throw it,then the hand swells up in the glove and go's numb then you can start throwing it again......very poor from Parker that was to not even try....but again thats why John deserved the win,no way in a million years he would have packed it in like as he has the determination,durability and physical/mental toughness to get through bad moments........now f**k it lets get after Canello ?.....come on the Gorilla :boogy:

Good on Ryder was cheering him on,, but Do you think johns able for someone like Canelo ? 

I saw a interview were ingle said exactly what you mirrored about his earlier career and now  but I think roy Jones or I did hear shields could be his new trainers  but it's like his confidence his shot do you think they could get him back 

6 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Good on Ryder was cheering him on,, but Do you think johns able for someone like Canelo ? 

No not if im honest mate he's highly unlikely to trouble Canello....but it would be a beautiful payday to end his career with and if ever a fighter deserves it its him.

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No not if im honest mate he's highly unlikely to trouble Canello....but it would be a beautiful payday to end his career with and if ever a fighter deserves it its him.

Fair play mate, I spose he can walk off into the sunset with a big cash out pay day! Good luck to him ??

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I saw a interview were ingle said exactly what you mirrored about his earlier career and now  but I think roy Jones or I did hear shields could be his new trainers  but it's like his confidence his shot do you think they could get him back 

I dont think so no.........Joshua was taught how to fight and then when that went wonky he was taught how to box and in my opinion that never ends well....Nigel Benn was the same to a degree,after his first loss to Michael Watson he went to America and learned how to box BUT....it was something added to his locker it didnt replace what he already had and with his back against the wall it was fighting that he relied on.........Joshua has been literally changed from a rough banger who puts his punches together well into a polished stand off box/fighter.......but he simply isnt polished enough to get away with it.....he came into the sport too late to go over old ground again and i dont think he'll be around the game much longer personally.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Fair play mate, I spose he can walk off into the sunset with a big cash out pay day! Good luck to him ??

Johns whole career was messed up by the Callum Smith decision which was a terrible decision John won that fight and could have made a few defences making some nice money that way,ending with a nice big domestic do with Eubank or someone......but now he just has to cash out and he knows it. 

• Like 2

I dont think so no.........Joshua was taught how to fight and then when that went wonky he was taught how to box and in my opinion that never ends well....Nigel Benn was the same to a degree,after his first loss to Michael Watson he went to America and learned how to box BUT....it was something added to his locker it didnt replace what he already had and with his back against the wall it was fighting that he relied on.........Joshua has been literally changed from a rough banger who puts his punches together well into a polished stand off box/fighter.......but he simply isnt polished enough to get away with it.....he came into the sport too late to go over old ground again and i dont think he'll be around the game much longer personally.

I'm only a fan like a lot and my knowledge is limited I just wondered if a new trainer could revert him back to what he did best or is he mentally now to weak to go back to that style given his loses one question once fury saw ajs melt down after the second usyk lose and knowing what was said about his mental state do you think fury fancied it more and hence the call outs 

29 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I'm only a fan like a lot and my knowledge is limited I just wondered if a new trainer could revert him back to what he did best or is he mentally now to weak to go back to that style given his loses one question once fury saw ajs melt down after the second usyk lose and knowing what was said about his mental state do you think fury fancied it more and hence the call outs 

I dont think Fury really fancies fighting anyone he thinks has a chance of beating him....i dont say that because im not a fan of his i just think theres fighters out there who simply dont have that competitive nature where they want to find out how they stack up against the best Calzaghe i think was the same their main goal at all costs is to stay unbeaten.

Like i say mate i think its probably too late for Joshua now Tony Simms did wonders with him and they could possibly team up again but like i say it would be going over old ground .....that intensity he had back then was replaced by an amateur point scoring style that McCracken was known for....and now its a bit much to expect any trainer to reinvent a fighter who came into the game late ... its like you're constantly in a debt of learning to yourself.....the only real option i believe Joshua has is to go back to what got him there,full on commitment to an offensive walk them down style.....and any top trainer should be able to get the best out of him that way as its what he's good at......but all that aside,whether his heart is still in the game is another matter.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2