Boxing At The Weekend...

On 24/11/2022 at 13:06, mC HULL said:

or you could look at it like ruiz flattened aj first fight and joshua ran from him the next 

were ortiz fought him toe to toe lost but showed joshua what a real fighter with some heart looks like ? 

if say joshua was handled perfect some how won olympic gold after losing multiple fights then was molly coddled to world titles it was great management he was always going to get found out sooner or later wasn’t he 

Again,what has that got to do with anything ?.....you are replying with points that are nothing to do with the fighters we're discussing.

Re Joshua.....yes most fighters who put themselves against top opposition get found out sooner or later ......but occasionally a fighter will stay away from top opposition an entire career and never get found out.....but also never truly know how good they were i dont understand that mentality myself like.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm not disputing Joshua has looked shit in fights, imo since he's tried to box more and fight less he looks awkward and ain't playing to his strengths..

My point was only its not Top Trumps (as Gnasher put it)... 

I think Fury will beat Joshua now (if they ever fight), Joshua has lools like he has lost confidence and has lost that menace he had earlier on.

Fury doesn't seem to want to make the fight though, fighting Chisora is a sham... what is the point in it?

Good post that........im still of the opinion that had Joshua and Fury fought 5 years ago Joshua would of taken him out quite quickly.....at that point in their careers nobody had ever really pressed Fury and gone after him,and Joshua hadnt yet resorted to this horrible back foot box fighter style he's been at recently and so would have fully committed to getting him out.....Joshua in my opinion has literally had the offensive qualities he has by nature coached out of him,he's been over coached... no trainer in the world is ever going to make him a polished back foot fighter theres not enough time in a career to start coaching that into someone in their late 20's when they have relied on front foot pressure their entire career.

Today its hard to see Joshua beating any top heavyweight as his confidence is shot and that instinctive " tear up " mentality where you use your physical attributes first and your boxing brain second....have probably gone forever now.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Again,what has that got to do with anything ?.....you are replying with points that are nothing to do with the fighters we're discussing.

Re Joshua.....yes most fighters who put themselves against top opposition get found out sooner or later ......but occasionally a fighter will stay away from top opposition an entire career and never get found out.....but also never truly know how good they were i dont understand that mentality myself like.

that’s not they is it beating klitschko away and unbeaten wilder ? 

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Good post that........im still of the opinion that had Joshua and Fury fought 5 years ago Joshua would of taken him out quite quickly.....at that point in their careers nobody had ever really pressed Fury and gone after him,and Joshua hadnt yet resorted to this horrible back foot box fighter style he's been at recently and so would have fully committed to getting him out.....Joshua in my opinion has literally had the offensive qualities he has by nature coached out of him,he's been over coached... no trainer in the world is ever going to make him a polished back foot fighter theres not enough time in a career to start coaching that into someone in their late 20's when they have relied on front foot pressure their entire career.

Today its hard to see Joshua beating any top heavyweight as his confidence is shot and that instinctive " tear up " mentality where you use your physical attributes first and your boxing brain second....have probably gone forever now.

i can’t believe you seriously think joshua at any point would a beat fury ? 

he was juiced up to heavy and gassed after 4 rounds 

9 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Have to agree 

front foot fighter he may of been but he only has average power the only boxer he knocked out was whyte the rest were ref stopping it he was never this murderous knockout merchant was he ? 

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Overhyped bodybuilder 

he new once he fought anyone descent he will blow out so tried dropping size and fighting different he was doing it well before ruiz laid him out 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

Was like Ruiz style small bursts, 

john ryder also won his fight Parker broke his hand supposedly 

?good head movement answered everything whyte did been inactive years aswell 

i missed ryder only saw gorman wardley and the main mate 

• Like 1