Boxing At The Weekend...

8 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yeah larratt got beat didnt he

Talking of arm wrestling,john brzenk has started his own youtube channel,his first few videos were hilarious?

Joshua-usyk soon lads,what do we reckon?personally i think joshua is going to get beat for a portion of the fight before he stops usyk,usyk for me is the better boxer & talent and i wouldlnt be suprised to see him beat joshua,but i feel joshua leaning up,training for better stamina this time round,and him being a natural heavyweight will see him beat usyk,i think when he sticks it on usyk proper,and uses his weight and puts them combos together he will get the job done,and i dont particularly rate joshua as highly as others thats jjst how i see it 

Some decent boxing last night on Pbc 

I think AJ will demolish him but who knows, if Usyk can use his footwork and ring smarts to take AJ in to the later rounds then it may get interesting. 

I'm buzzing cos I'm off to Butlins for the 80's weekend and they're showing the bout. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think AJ will demolish him but who knows, if Usyk can use his footwork and ring smarts to take AJ in to the later rounds then it may get interesting. 

I'm buzzing cos I'm off to Butlins for the 80's weekend and they're showing the bout. 

I think hes gonna get a stoppage,after having a bit of a hard time of it,usyks no slouch, i think usyk has had ideas of putting pressure on joshua when he gasses,as he tends to do, and i think joshua has prepared for that gameplan in camp,and its showing, usyk is the better boxer by a long shot but has he got enough about him to keep joshua honest,im not too sure,when joshua starts to bull forward i think it will be very telling 

Sounds good mate enjoy??

On 19/09/2021 at 09:25, Greb147 said:

Aye, fair play to him even though he was in over his head. 

Didn't look all too bad to say he's never boxed and only had 5 weeks to prepare. 

Top man. 

Couldnt even bring myself to watch it i have so much respect for Larratt as an arm wrestler i just couldnt watch him demean himself in this farce.

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Couldnt even bring myself to watch it i have so much respect for Larratt as an arm wrestler i just couldnt watch him demean himself in this farce.

I had to mate, I was just hoping he didn't get hurt and thank god he didn't. 

For me he's just a top bloke no matter what. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think Usyks footwork,power and accuracy might surprise a few people.....i wouldnt like to call it one way or the other but if Joshua cant get him out in the first half of the fight it could be a long uncomfortable evening for him.

Ive pretty much nailed my colours to the mast on this and said i think aj will get the stoppage at some stage but i agree with your view,i rate usyk the better boxer,he has many attributes over joshua and is 100% not to be underestimated 

Without trying to perch nicely on the fence,my original prediction still stands,but if it isnt joshuas night in there it is for the reasons you have just mentioned, if he isnt 100% fit and if he drops his pace as the fight wears on usyk will be all over it

12 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I had to mate, I was just hoping he didn't get hurt and thank god he didn't. 

For me he's just a top bloke no matter what. 

Absolutely...i really admire the life he lives and total commitment he gives to competitive challenges he,s the type of chap you'd want with you rather than against you......but i know seeing adult men box for the first time is always a hard watch and just couldnt watch someone i rate so highly do it ?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Ive pretty much nailed my colours to the mast on this and said i think aj will get the stoppage at some stage but i agree with your view,i rate usyk the better boxer,he has many attributes over joshua and is 100% not to be underestimated 

Without trying to perch nicely on the fence,my original prediction still stands,but if it isnt joshuas night in there it is for the reasons you have just mentioned, if he isnt 100% fit and if he drops his pace as the fight wears on usyk will be all over it

For me its just the type of opponent who by his natural assets could expose Joshuas weaknesses......Usyk is one of those fighters who causes mental pressure rather than physical pressure,his footwork moves him into areas you dont feel composed and that is mentally unsettling.....and so for a fighter like Joshua who isnt the most naturally gifted fighter thats going to cause him a lot of stress....maybe to the point where he gets desperate and out of position......its hard to envisage a Usyk points win but a late stoppage......its an interesting match up anyway.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

For me its just the type of opponent who by his natural assets could expose Joshuas weaknesses......Usyk is one of those fighters who causes mental pressure rather than physical pressure,his footwork moves him into areas you dont feel composed and that is mentally unsettling.....and so for a fighter like Joshua who isnt the most naturally gifted fighter thats going to cause him a lot of stress....maybe to the point where he gets desperate and out of position......its hard to envisage a Usyk points win but a late stoppage......its an interesting match up anyway.

Yup cant say no fairer than that - brilliant tacticians and very complete boxers over there where usyks from arent they and it does show,

Agree with you on usyks footwork, very interesting fight i cant wait to be fair, 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yup cant say no fairer than that - brilliant tacticians and very complete boxers over there where usyks from arent they and it does show,

Agree with you on usyks footwork, very interesting fight i cant wait to be fair, 

I'm looking forwards to this one as well, as much as we all want the big Fury v AJ showdown, this fight could be a lot more telling.

Can't add anything to the posts above, its what we all expect, Usyk to box very well and Joshua to find a way to finish it.

I think AJ will be too strong, and mid to late rounds finish it....but agree with everything above, it could very easily go wrong for him..

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'm looking forwards to this one as well, as much as we all want the big Fury v AJ showdown, this fight could be a lot more telling.

Can't add anything to the posts above, its what we all expect, Usyk to box very well and Joshua to find a way to finish it.

I think AJ will be too strong, and mid to late rounds finish it....but agree with everything above, it could very easily go wrong for him..

Yeah usyk is so good at what he does & how he goes about it that it makes this fight very interesting, the contrast in styles does this fight wonders 

Also looking forward to terence crawford and shawn porter,thats a great fight 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Billy b said:

You are right Usyk and Lomanchenko are great tacticians but so mentally acute....the type of fighters who can make you quit by just taking your hope away i saw Lomanchenko do that with the Cuban guy sorry i forget his name....they literally exhaust your mental capacity to think clearly and you feel like you just have no options left.....scarey types of fighters but scarey in a whole different way.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You are right Usyk and Lomanchenko are great tacticians but so mentally acute....the type of fighters who can make you quit by just taking your hope away i saw Lomanchenko do that with the Cuban guy sorry i forget his name....they literally exhaust your mental capacity to think clearly and you feel like you just have no options left.....scarey types of fighters but scarey in a whole different way.

Yes i know who you mean,rigondeaux,Loma made him quit on his tool didnt he

Fantastic performance

Its mad how after Lomas loss to lopez you had folk writing him off and all this s**t,he is still an unreal talelt 

5 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Yes i know who you mean,rigondeaux,Loma made him quit on his tool didnt he

Fantastic performance

Its mad how after Lomas loss to lopez you had folk writing him off and all this s**t,he is still an unreal talelt 

Rigondeaux thats him......it was like the Leonard/Duran no mas fight without the clowning.

When sheer ability can make good fighters quit.....thats a special fighter.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Rigondeaux thats him......it was like the Leonard/Duran no mas fight without the clowning.

When sheer ability can make good fighters quit.....thats a special fighter.

Doesnt come round often 

And like you say its a very special trait,not to best someone through physicality or punch power or things like that,which are obviously all components,but to make a man look at you and think "i cant do nothing with this fella" and make them feel like a rank amateur and question themselves,thats truly nasty 

• Like 1