Boxing At The Weekend...

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No sorry.....they dont.

Competitive sport is not the theatre.

Governing bodies should be protecting the sport as well as the fighters.

I didn't know the governing bodies got involved in these exhibition bouts? 

And as far as we know Holyfield was cleared to fight? 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

Yeah, just checked. The bout wasn't sanctioned, shame on those involved but Holyfield chose to get in the ring himself. 

Who knows the in's and out's of the bout but at that age and in his condition he shouldn't really be taking any more blows to the head. 

A gentleman's agreement counts for nothing if you're not going to follow it. 

I've never liked Belfort, nothing but a shady cheating cnut. 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Forget all the nonsense fake fights occurring lately what an absolute breath of fresh air that Sam Eggington fight was the other night....proper phone booth fight between 2 rough tough athletes it was the best fight ive seen in a long time.....credit to both boys,brilliant stuff.

It was a real cracker head to head the whole way gnash,edge of the seat the whole time.

There was a young lad that boxed out of our local gym oakleaf derry,now under Hatton,on the same card Brett mcginty,stopped the boy in third round

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Forget all the nonsense fake fights occurring lately what an absolute breath of fresh air that Sam Eggington fight was the other night....proper phone booth fight between 2 rough tough athletes it was the best fight ive seen in a long time.....credit to both boys,brilliant stuff.

It was a real cracker head to head the whole way gnash,edge of the seat the whole time.

There was a young lad that boxed out of our local gym oakleaf derry,now under Hatton,on the same card Brett mcginty,stopped the boy in third round

Who ever has Holyfield got round him? A load of divs by the looks of it,he should have been saved from himself,De La Hoya-Belfort was a joke in the beginning,bringing a 58year old Holyfield with terrible reflexes & a history of gruelling fights just took the piss...

Pro boxing is laughable these days,i much prefer following the gyms up and down the country where the trainers and boxers still have the utmost respect for the sport,Triller and all these YouTubers are reducing one of the truest tests you can put yourself through into a mugs game 

Been a bad couple of weeks for boxing,very bad, Sam Eggington had a great fight on Friday,but in general the sports in a bad way 

• Like 2
On 12/09/2021 at 11:59, Greb147 said:

I didn't know the governing bodies got involved in these exhibition bouts? 

And as far as we know Holyfield was cleared to fight? 

Who passed him to fight ?....them,governing bodies,managers,promoters.....take your pick of who can and should be protecting the sport.

Not too sure who officially passed him to fight but they need to give their head a good wobble 

I know the first athletic commission that sanctioned the original farce of de la hoya fighting,said no way to holyfield fighting,so they had to go to a different commission 

• Like 1

Why anyone would want to see an old man smacked around a ring is beyond me, its sad to watch... Holyfield was as brave as the come and a great...but that was 30 years ago.... mental to put an icon on the sports health at risk for entertainment...

• Like 3

Haye carrying his pal for 8rds or whatever it was was farcical

Really dont know whats up with boxing atm,its always been f****d up we know that but something about it lately is just making it increasingly hard to follow,

From things like the other week Warren not even streaming the best fight of the night on youtube,or anywhere,to the numerous double standards,promoters failing to promote fights properly,gill vs taylor has just been announced wtf is that all about thats not even a competitive fight,all these YouTubers and silly fights 

I dont begrudge any man a few quid,but there is ways everyone can earn big in boxing without making a mockery of the sport, i might lose a lot of bods here but ive recently been watching a lot of NCAA wrestling from the states,the lineage of wrestling for one thing is an interesting read,hailed as one of,if not the oldest,sport in the world & the training & dedication aspect of it is unreal,and the competitive nature and battle of wits and the spirit of most of these people is admirable in the extreme,plus you cant cherry pick in wrestling due to the way it is set out,a lot of folk will give it all the wrestlings for girls lark but many men wouldlnt last the training, same with the UFC it was never really my bag but i am loving it these days due to the way it is run 

Again people reckon "kicking is for girls" and all this but there is nothing moody about getting a kick right on the button then having some c**t leap all over you and try & choke you 

When done right,boxing is a sport that no other can come close too but at the moment it just aint being done anywhere near right 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I see Devon larrat the arm wrestler was boxing last night lol 

Aye, fair play to him even though he was in over his head. 

Didn't look all too bad to say he's never boxed and only had 5 weeks to prepare. 

Top man. 

• Like 1

Yeah larratt got beat didnt he

Talking of arm wrestling,john brzenk has started his own youtube channel,his first few videos were hilarious?

Joshua-usyk soon lads,what do we reckon?personally i think joshua is going to get beat for a portion of the fight before he stops usyk,usyk for me is the better boxer & talent and i wouldlnt be suprised to see him beat joshua,but i feel joshua leaning up,training for better stamina this time round,and him being a natural heavyweight will see him beat usyk,i think when he sticks it on usyk proper,and uses his weight and puts them combos together he will get the job done,and i dont particularly rate joshua as highly as others thats jjst how i see it 

Some decent boxing last night on Pbc 

• Like 2