Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

If Fitzy had lost he would have been kicking himself for not going after Fowler when he dropped him, Fowler was there for the taking in that last round. Fitzy just stayed with him and fought a clever fight and dug deep when he needed to.I had Fitzy winning by a bit more than the judges.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3
53 minutes ago, MickC said:

If Fitzy had lost he would have been kicking himself for not going after Fowler when he dropped him, Fowler was there for the taking in that last round. Fitzy just stayed with him and fought a clever fight and dug deep when he needed to.I had Fitzy winning by a bit more than the judges.

I had him up by more too mick 

What a smashing fight that was i totally underestimated Fitzgerald i think ive only seen him fight once and having seen Fowler fight a number of times i thought it would be straightforward for him but Fitzgerald fought the perfect fight he was nice and compact all the way through,kept stepping off the line and making Fowler miss and reset.....i dont know if he has weight issues Fowler but he looked dead at the weight to me but that doesnt detract from Fitzgeralds performance it was a really good fight with the correct outcome.....seems a nice lad as well i hope he go,s far.

• Like 3

Tbh the round Ali got disqualified in, apart from being caught with a good shot from Price was Alis best round.Prices work rate had dropped and he was starting to look dis interested, and getting caught, another round or two would  have been interesting.Prices stamina is terrible, once his work rate dropped I thought here we go again. Pricey did predict Ali would lose his head though. Be a lengthy ban for Ali .

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What a smashing fight that was i totally underestimated Fitzgerald i think ive only seen him fight once and having seen Fowler fight a number of times i thought it would be straightforward for him but Fitzgerald fought the perfect fight he was nice and compact all the way through,kept stepping off the line and making Fowler miss and reset.....i dont know if he has weight issues Fowler but he looked dead at the weight to me but that doesnt detract from Fitzgeralds performance it was a really good fight with the correct outcome.....seems a nice lad as well i hope he go,s far.

When I watched Fowler swaggering into the arena I said I hope Fitzy can pull this off, Fowler was so full of himself he was still saying after the fight that there was no way Fitzy could beat him. He was’nt swaggering back from the ring . Lol

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

What ever was that stupid grin fowler came out to the ring with...that done it for me?I've not bin so pleased about a boxing result in ages..

Fitzgerald  vs ted cheeseman now?

yes do agree Pricey did seem to be huffing & puffing Mick,maybe getting carried away a bit when I say KO ,but imo for reasons known only to himself Ali did jack,just lost it mentally & resorted to that 

Edited by Billy b
10 minutes ago, Billy b said:

What ever was that stupid grin fowler came out to the ring with...that done it for me?I've not bin so pleased about a boxing result in ages..

Fitzgerald  vs ted cheeseman now?

yes do agree Pricey did seem to be huffing & puffing Mick,maybe getting carried away a bit when I say KO ,but imo for reasons known only to himself Ali did jack,just lost it mentally & resorted to that 

I dont think he lost it mentally at all.....it was quite calculated in fact....like Tyson did with Holyfield it was just a cowardly way of getting out of a fight you know you cant win.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

Billy thats what I could not understand, Alis gameplan was obviously to take Price into the later rounds and then take advantage of Prices stamina issues. Pricey loses interest once his stamina goes, the tactics where coming to fruition and then he went and got himself disqualified. Like I say the next round or two would have been interesting, maybe that big shot he took made Ali look for the way out. Ali will regret it once he watches the fight back.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont think he lost it mentally at all.....it was quite calculated in fact....like Tyson did with Holyfield it was just a cowardly way of getting out of a fight you know you cant win.

Better way of putting it?I guess what I meant was he lacked that mental make up to try & bring his mind round into thinking I've got to shape up here & try another way

he definitely knew exactly what he was doing & it was calculated but that digging in when it gets tough mindframe was not there for him imo 

• Like 1