• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Little bit of egg on a few faces here tonight lmfao

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he was a great fighter most come up against a style they can’t beat 

A great fighter who couldnt be expected to beat a man who was bigger than him....man you've got it bad !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

someone who is calm relaxed can be fat not trained and will last longer then someone who panics but as been running up  hills gnash 

So,out of shape calm beats superfit panic ?....again why not train fighters in meditation rather than fitness !

Im just taking the piss a bit mate i get what you're trying to say but as usual with the Gypsy Queens and the Wilderettes you are totally over playing things to suit....yes of course calm under pressure helps the cardiovascular system but if you think Fury isnt as fit as a butchers dog on fight night your nuts.

Edited by gnasher16
39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s the same as running hares the dog that pushed the hare forces it keeps snapping away will blow its self out more than the dog that sits is relaxed and using its head ? regardless of how much condition it has ? that one is for you shaark

Thats the perfect analogy yes......2 dogs chasing a big rabbit is virtually the same as 2 men having a fight with gloves on....thanks for explaining.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

wilder was knocking em out worse then aj a lot of his they were hurt not getting up but he had a good streak at the start you cant take that away what was his first fight went distance parker? in 18th ?

" was knocking them out worse than aj a lot of his they were hurt not getting up ""......f**k me its like being back at school !

I didnt even know insomnia could be this much fun ?

Anyway its time for some fresh air ta ta champ and thanks for the lessons :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not sure im doing that mate what im coaching is a very technical sport there are right ways and wrong ways in much of it......obviously talent and strengths are going to lie in certain areas and weaknesses in others and both need addressing but no i dont think im coaching them to be me in anything other than mindset/determination/spirit if you like....which as you know is very limited by what you can teach anyway......its a funny sport to coach really because in terms of techniques and physicality i am totally confident in the advice im giving..... my " novice " department lies pretty much extensively in the way i communicate that knowledge over to others in a way thats both understandable,enjoyable but not chastising i mean these are grown men most of who are reasonably handy as well theres some tricky atmospheres at times !......teaching is a real test on your people skills isnt it mate....from patience to understanding and back again,in that way its not a bit of me really.... but im trying ?

I’d say that coaching a single person is harder than coaching a group mate, at least with a group you can create a few who “buy in” and help drag the others along…..with a single person you have to achieve that from the get go.

That must take a bit of thinking about? 

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im glad to hear it i despise the place ....the best thing to come out of South London is The Rotherhithe Tunnel.

?? Thought I’d drop that in there for a giggle ! ? 

12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

it’s the same as running hares the dog that pushed the hare forces it keeps snapping away will blow its self out more than the dog that sits is relaxed and using its head ? regardless of how much condition it has ? that one is for you shaark

What you talking about, ya CRAZY FOOL?!  Quit your jibber jabber!!!

Get some nuts, grrrr!!  :boxing:

Edited by shaaark
10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not sure im doing that mate what im coaching is a very technical sport there are right ways and wrong ways in much of it......obviously talent and strengths are going to lie in certain areas and weaknesses in others and both need addressing but no i dont think im coaching them to be me in anything other than mindset/determination/spirit if you like....which as you know is very limited by what you can teach anyway......its a funny sport to coach really because in terms of techniques and physicality i am totally confident in the advice im giving..... my " novice " department lies pretty much extensively in the way i communicate that knowledge over to others in a way thats both understandable,enjoyable but not chastising i mean these are grown men most of who are reasonably handy as well theres some tricky atmospheres at times !......teaching is a real test on your people skills isnt it mate....from patience to understanding and back again,in that way its not a bit of me really.... but im trying ?

Some good posts put up here?noticed you mentioned arm wrestling training, I saw the other day john brzenk passed away? What a machine. Admittedly I know next to nothing about arm wrestling but it does pop up in my feed quite a bit and I like watching the training videos, I find it very interesting the unique styles they have to strength and condition the forearm

Back to the boxing training, yes a good coach imo is somebody who has a keen eye for where a fighters strong points is and tries to bring them on to the best they can be from those points, whilst still improving in areas where he is lacking without letting that take away too much from his strengths, I.e. with joshua trying to change his style completely, sacrificing his vicious work for a traditional boxer approach that doesn't suit him.

obviously a keen eye for strategy and good dealing with pressure when the road gets a bit rough Is important aswell 

Also want to be careful not to end up with one of these pad men that's leaping about all over the place with all this showy behaviour and making it mostly about them ?

Edited by Billy b
11 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats the perfect analogy yes......2 dogs chasing a big rabbit is virtually the same as 2 men having a fight with gloves on....thanks for explaining.

You obviously hadn’t taken account of the fact, they glove up and have a little box in March easy to see why your so behind the real experts ?

19D92FDF-7BC2-400C-B8D4-96076853D7BC.png

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

You obviously hadn’t taken account of the fact, they glove up and have a little box in March easy to see why your so behind the real experts ?

Lol, it's Magoo that doesn't take account of f**k all when it comes to boxing, G.

A few of us on here have told him, numerous times, to check out certain boxers resumes, records etc, but I think as long as he sees a W, KO, or TO, then yeah, that boxer 'must' be good!! Lol.

Fact is wilder is God awfully poor, and still managed to drop fury several times, which doesn't really say a lot about fury. 

I can hear Magoo's anger building as he reads this, already!!  ? ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

? i’ve got a feeling gnash is a cockney ben davidson ? ?