Pros And Cons Of Micro Chipping

There are some shocking comments here.

These days chipping your dog is cheaper than a box of smokes. If you value your dogs get them chipped and don't worry if they "Don't make the grade" or not. Ones that refuse through stupidity will be marked. Why go that far?

I'm sure sooner or later there will be post on here ranting how they got fined etc and blame every Tom, Dick and Harry but not themselves.

Forget your smokes and beers for a day and get your dogs chipped.

not a money issue..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some shocking comments here.   These days chipping your dog is cheaper than a box of smokes. If you value your dogs get them chipped and don't worry if they "Don't make the grade" or not.

When's the compulsory chipping of garden shitting cats taking place.

Whilst a fecking hate a nanny state and almost everything that is compulsary. Like as been said, its gonna give the law more power against you if your stopped.

My old dog aint getting done, in his state it'd probably kill him! lol

Lets be honest, what it will hinder is the mass selling and buying of dogs come seasons end and seasons start... Its those that trade dogs like playing cards that may be sweating right now!

I'm just about to saddle-up and go to a freebee session in sunny Skelmersdale run by the local council in partnership with the Dogs Trust. May as well get sommat off em.

If anyones local today its in Digmoor Community Centre, Skelmersdale from 12-3pm.

Get yerselves down there on a freebee! ;)

Your not aloud chip them yourself it has to be someone with the course done and if there not registered it comes back to the lad that chipped them and he gets fined. Only no this because one of my mates done it last week and he can't do his own dogs he has to get another chipper to do them

bullshit, all my mates dogs she did herself then registered chips on fido.ie no course needed.

I think the issue is is once again another bullshit money making law has been brought in that they can't police, and that someone somewhere is getting there pockets lined and once again we're being dictated to as to what we can and can't do with our dogs.

..luckily for me I don't have a dog at the minute, but when I get one it won't have a chip in it....why? Because that's my way of sticking two fingers up at the government

well were supposed to have all our dogs all microchipped now, i haven't bothered yet, i might go i might not, haven't made my mind up yet,

just wondered who's bothering and who's saying f**k it, and what your opinions are on the matter,

The cons are that you will get fined if you dont..

Omanyra, on 07 Apr 2016 - 5:18 PM, said:

cocker, on 05 Apr 2016 - 3:29 PM, said:

well were supposed to have all our dogs all microchipped now, i haven't bothered yet, i might go i might not, haven't made my mind up yet,

just wondered who's bothering and who's saying f**k it, and what your opinions are on the matter,

The cons are that you will get fined if you dont..

IF you ever get stopped (never in 30 odd yrs) and IF they have a scanner, and IF they can be arsed when you tell them to keep looking cause it`s in there somewhere and might have moved.

• Like 2

Well, i went down this mornin. Got there about 10.50am (It actually started from 11.00 but i said 12.00 to be ahead of anyone on here! ;))

If i'd have registerd i would have been no.94 in the que... Feck that!

Luckily i know the girl chipping em and have sorted a later date but even if i didn't, Pets at Home are doin it for a tenner. ;)