Wagyu Steak

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tried the burgers just found them very fatty!   If you want a proper good steak dry aged is the way to go and ALDI at the moment have some pretty good ones.   Go in and they're the Aberdeen Angu

i like to try new foods, cant afford to be snobby but being poor wont stop me from trying something once... eaten alsorts of exotic stuff from barracuda-ostrich -- kangaroo-morrocan snails + loads of

It seems a big waste of money to me.They`re a certain breed of cattle and are fed a little beer everyday.To me it`s just a money making exercise but snobby people will always bye the most expensive th

I've ate expensive stake and I've ate cheep stake to me it's the same a lump of meat I would still try the wagyu if got the chance I like eating it as close to raw as I can also like steak tartare in France they do if with a raw egg

Edited by CushtyJook
  • Like 1

i want to try it but never seen it for sale anywhere.. right now my favourite cut of beef is slow cooked cow tongue, been slow cooking it on a regular basis lately and it makes a great pie filling

Best sandwiche filler ever, pigs head is quare nice slow cooked.....unreal...

i want to try it but never seen it for sale anywhere.. right now my favourite cut of beef is slow cooked cow tongue, been slow cooking it on a regular basis lately and it makes a great pie filling

Best sandwiche filler ever, pigs head is quare nice slow cooked.....unreal...

ive heard that but i eat very little pork + bacon so doesn't appeal.. i am hoping to try sheep's head the next time im in Marrakesh, i wasn't brave enough the last time, ive heard eyeballs are a delicacy

The one thing about good beef is the way it's raised a lot of the cuts we get these days the beasts these days are fed so much crap these days there not far off the same as these mass produced chickens a good beef cow should take at least 3/4 years depending on the breed I did have the experience of tasting so much good meat when I lived in Australia the cattle station I lived on had a small herd of wagyu and we eat grass reared steaks every Tuesday bye god they were good the best steaks I've ever eating

Love all this good beef stuff, because the very crux of all meat as food is simply the way its cooked. A decent cook can make a cheap cut taste wonderful and a shite cook can make the best of beef fecking awful..!

I LOVE a good steak, in fact i think there is nothing better. I have eaten home grown, home butchered, grass fed yearlings which are always absolutely magnificent. I used to go to a butcher here in Sydney who was an English chef who sold the best meat i have ever seen in a shop anywhere except Japan but he was much cheaper, he actually was cheaper than most shops but the quality was unbelievable! I still have not got over it that he closed down. I cannot put into words the wagyu i have eaten in Japan it literally melts in your mouth and I am getting hungry thinking about it. Wagyu is graded on the marbling (fat content) and a 9+ marbling will pretty much look like a piece of fat but when you cook it, it looks like a piece of cooked meat. It tastes very fatty and is best sliced thin and cooked quickly. If you want a big steak you would not eat 9+ wagyu but a 6+ sirloin or scotch fillet is a sensational feed. Wagyu is a Japanese breed which is prized for its high fat content and the japanese are extremely fickle in the whole process of diet, age, pasture time, etc it is true, as someone mentioned earlier, they feed beer and even play classical music to the beasts. Basically that animal is raised from birth to be the best steak possible. Wagyu is no fad and while it most certainly is a different tasting beef and can be very expensive if you don't know where to get it i cannot get enough of it.

• Like 1