The Perfect Day

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sunday we headed north for a days bolting as usual,,,what a contrast to last weeks foul weather ,,Sunday was bright sunshine and only the slightest breeze,,perfect   Usual MO for us split up,,vin st

Nice one mate..   45 seconds of pleasure ,,she a lucky girl your lass,,,lol

40 quid at Argos that's all I use

Well done big fellah,..a lovely post,.filled with the joy of just being, out there... :clapper:

A good honest score,. combined with the other Saturday's, hard won 80..you guys are certainly going for it.

All the best to you and the wee Yin.. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd

Sunday we headed north for a days bolting as usual,,,what a contrast to last weeks foul weather ,,Sunday was bright sunshine and only the slightest breeze,,perfect

Usual MO for us split up,,vin stayed on the field we had parked on...I went on to the next,,the rabbits were bolting well today ,,in fact I only had 4 digs all day,,one of wich produced a double..after only a short time I had 10 rabbits,,,and I was only a couple hundred yards from the truck so took them back,,,a quick chat with vin and off again...who had a 3 foot dig to a very wet rabbit..

Bonnie was doing some cracking catches,,,I love the ones that look like they have got to ground,,,only for the dog to pull them out,,,brilliant stuff...one thing I don't usually do is keep score of the misses,,,I did today,,and she missed 15... Some of wich dropped in to warrens I then went on to ferret,,,but a good few went through a wall and down a real steep bank the other side...she did manage one catch from them trying this escape route,,wich was a surprise..

So after another hour or so I could see vin back at the motor...I knew he was brewing up,,,I had another 10,,, so I took these back down and we had a brew and bun,,,and stood there taking in the incredible sceanary ...keepers were hard at work burning,,,and smoke could be seen in many difrent spots on the surrounding hills...

Anyway back to work,,,and a bad start for Bonnie,,she missed the next half dozen or so rabbits,,,they just kept making the warrens nearby,,don't get me wrong these warrens were only 20 -30 yards a way...well me being me,,of course I had to do these warrens,,lol..and I'm glad I did as one of these produced a black one,,wich Bonnie had a nice run and catch and retrieve on...by the time I had got to the top of these field I had a dozen,,,so I thought I would see how he was doing,,,I wondered over and he had around 20,,,plus all his catch back at the motor...we checked the time,,it was about 2.30,, so we agreed another half hour making our way back to the truck,,,when we got back I had exactly 40 rabbits,,and vin had 45,,, there are very few and far between days when things just go easily with quick bolts a catch and move on,,,yes a real red letter day for us....85 rabbits in the bag,,,and two hours of daylight left,,,sadly we had to leave cos I had to be back for work,,,tomo%20end%20of%20day%2085_zpsluryuq96.j

Great stuff lads!

No gates about Tomo? :D

Cheers, D.