• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics i took yesterday of the Red's out on the mountains..                  

Had myself a wander this morning,by heck it was cold brrrrrrrrrrr,where i went was hard work,i put my gps tracker on and i only walked 5.60 miles yet it took me almost 5 hours!! Uphill & uphill &a

Just a few pics from my wander this morning..   Zoomed in at 300mm     At 75mm       Mario...       Where i go to see the Red Deer..          

Posted Images

Not go a go on about 1 man 1 dog scenario coz I haven't done it myself but I would approach it the same as [BANNED TEXT] I take seeker gut it and quarter it until it's manageable obv get the truck as close as possible. I no a lad who run red pre ban obviously his dogs couldn't bring them down on their own but would hold on til they got to a wall or fence that they couldn't jump with the dog hangin off by this point dog dear and man were blowin out of their arse but the job got done.

A little fact i learnt this last week about the Norfolk reds,our local shoot/farm once held a red deer herd as the old farmer was a hunting man and had 50+ deer in a hign fenced park(still called the deer park) and he also had his own pack of hounds that hunted the stags.They'd box up a stag and take it to somewhere they would unbox it and hunt it for a while until the hounds caught up with it or as more often than not as the stags got older and wiser they'd run for a few miles then stand and wait for the hounds and the box back home,when it got outlawed the early part of the 20th century the govenment dept wanted to cull the herd but the old boy opened his deer park gates and let them out.Now the deer herds on a good few Norfolk estates can dna trace their herds back to the deer from the deer park which in turn were imported from Hungary in the 1800's :thumbs: ....

• Like 7