The Great Benefits Handout £26,000.

Why would they get a business advisor.....normal everyday folk don't get that. Why should they?

It's an experiment to test how 'they' will use it...not how they can be taught too.

They will all f**k it up and it will be another nail in the benefits coffin. Not be exactly a bad thing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent program on last night,a social experiment,three long term unemployed families were given £26k in a briefcase,told to sign off income support and see how they faired.One guy is starting up a

The guy came across as enthusiastic,but not used to having excess cash,instead of just handing him a bag of paper they should have booked him in for a few sessions with a small business advisor then l

What a greasy f****r he was,i think they will spunk it,already the fella spent bundles on animals and then hes moaning that hes just given up 500 a week in benefits.. Think possibly he could go to wor

Why would they get a business advisor.....normal everyday folk don't get that. Why should they?

It's an experiment to test how 'they' will use it...not how they can be taught too.

They will all f**k it up and it will be another nail in the benefits coffin. Not be exactly a bad thing.

you still signing on?

you still signing on?
Nah.....canny be arsed tae walk the 5 mins every 2 weeks....?
  • Like 1

you still signing on?
Nah.....canny be arsed tae walk the 5 mins every 2 weeks....

same here just do what tb25 and go on the sick lol

• Like 1

Yeh I watched that,,,,must admit I think the fella that wants the second hand shop wil fail,,,,first thing I thought ,,what about eBay ,,,,or car bots,,,,times have changed,,,,and why the feck did his son get a brand new PlayStation ,,,could go got a second hand one...

The other bloke the sparky,,,feck knows why he's not working,,,,and he's just blowing the money ,,,OK get a bouncy castle,,and a snake,,,,but get a website first,,,get advertising get doing a few gigs first,,,then maybe buy more animals or stock if you can make it pay...

I recon the single mum will be the one to succeed ,,,,she just wants a job...

• Like 2

Not watched it yet but them second hand shops do k there is one round here that will pick up stuff your wanting rid off for cheap and piles the lot in a shop he has opened up another shop just recently and got another van on the go so there is money too be made

Because ultimately it's being pitched as a way to save the tax payer money...get them off benefits.....but learning to run a business, from scratch, ain't easy and paying bills that you havnt even known the cost of for 10 years.....if they genuinely wanted to help people, and save tax money then it's got to start with education.

• Like 2

The blokes a qualified sparky yet gave up a job to look after his son, what's his Mrs doing ? I have special needs kids in my family and their father works. f***ing shit excuse

Come on mate she's gotta go the cafe after school for a jangle/scandal, then nails done, sunbeds, eyebrows, spray tan,2 hours on facebook,1 hour with ann summers toy, 1 hours afternoon nap, then she makes the tea.
That'll be the twenty six grand spunked then lol

Because ultimately it's being pitched as a way to save the tax payer money...get them off benefits.....but learning to run a business, from scratch, ain't easy and paying bills that you havnt even known the cost of for 10 years.....if they genuinely wanted to help people, and save tax money then it's got to start with education.

Fair point.......but is this country not bad enough for wiping everyone's arse. What happened to standing on your own two feet and learning as you go.

you still signing on?
Nah.....canny be arsed tae walk the 5 mins every 2 weeks....

same here just do what tb25 and go on the sick lol
if it wasent for the AIDS scare ya mum gave me I wouldn't of needed to be on the sick.. Ha
  • Like 2

Yeh I watched that,,,,must admit I think the fella that wants the second hand shop wil fail,,,,first thing I thought ,,what about eBay ,,,,or car bots,,,,times have changed,,,,and why the feck did his son get a brand new PlayStation ,,,could go got a second hand one...

The other bloke the sparky,,,feck knows why he's not working,,,,and he's just blowing the money ,,,OK get a bouncy castle,,and a snake,,,,but get a website first,,,get advertising get doing a few gigs first,,,then maybe buy more animals or stock if you can make it pay...

I recon the single mum will be the one to succeed ,,,,she just wants a job...

Totally agree her kids and house looked spotless.

Fair point.......but is this country not bad enough for wiping everyone's arse. What happened to standing on your own two feet and learning as you go.

I agree, most of us with a business do learn as we go. I'm on my 4th website for example...you can't expect to give someone a lump sum and for em not to waste it learning.

There is loads of help out there for new businesses, I went on a good few courses on tax and accounting for example and a free course on marketing via my bank. If it's really about saving tax payers money then let's help em do it right first time....but if it's about making controversial TV and giving us some more hate figures then let's just throw em to the sharks and sit back and watch it unfold.

• Like 2

What you do with a second hand shop is call yourself something like community recycling

Register as a charity only need to pay a nominal amount to the charity each year.....don't have to then pay any rates or a massively reduced amount

Make it out that you only sell to people struggling and on benefits and good hearted people donate quality items to the shop

Then flog it to anyone...especially landlords