Help Needed Urgent...

Hi Mate , I always use tweezers to remove ticks , but you must make sure you remove all of it and do not leave the head in, don't be over concerned about the fact you have found ticks all working animals pick them up ; but do remove them straight away.

As mentioned raw flesh is the best food you can give , but not pork or cooked meats . I have found chicken thighs very good for ferrets , also beef mince. You can also give them raw eggs and goats milk , NOT cows milk.

When you get the chance also buy some complete food ferret biscuits , such as Alpha ferret feast , this is 30+% protein and is an ideal dry food , also make sure he has plenty of fresh water to drink, a nice warm draught free sleeping compartment.

Good Luck , keep us posted.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the supportive comments. I found the ferret whilst out this morning strolling across the road. I've no experience with ferrets nor had any intention of getting one, but at present I have on

I hope I'm wrong here,but If you have got this ferret to work , or as a pet,I would think you should know what, and how much to feed before getting one. I don't think keeping it in a cage is going

well he has it now. so he probaly needs all the helpfull advice he can get

Posted Images

Well I've just bathed him, I thought he might have freaked out and gone for me, but he seemed to enjoy it. I've put some frontline on and put him back in his pen with some more chicken hopefully he'll be OK and that tick will die off!

I feed raw rabbit that has been frozen a month, obviously thawed. I give dry ferret food once a week. will feed pigeon pheasant or the like if i can get it. I also fish, when i fillet salmon i give rest to ferrets, heads also, they like it. Always have 3 water bottles, as said they drink a lot when on dry food. Good luck with it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...