Help Needed Urgent...

Get a pair of rubber gloves on, spray some of the frontline spray onto your hands and then massage it all into ferrets coat. Ticks will drop off.

Feed it raw meat, and if not, get a decent ferret dried food to substitute it with. Give it a warm and dry (and draught free place to sleep) and give it some tubes or a wee ball to mess about with.

Then get it a mate!

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the supportive comments. I found the ferret whilst out this morning strolling across the road. I've no experience with ferrets nor had any intention of getting one, but at present I have on

I hope I'm wrong here,but If you have got this ferret to work , or as a pet,I would think you should know what, and how much to feed before getting one. I don't think keeping it in a cage is going

well he has it now. so he probaly needs all the helpfull advice he can get

Posted Images

Just feed the ferret on any raw meet apart from pork. You can get about 12 chicken drumsticks from morrisons for £1.50p. Regarding ticks i just wait till they get big enough till i can get hold of them and just pull them out with my fingers.

Fook that, even after all these years them ticks give me the heebie jeebies, can't make my mind up wether your braver or stupider than me?? Lol
. Probally a bit of both lol. You cant be afraid of ticks around here its a very ticky place.
  • Like 2

Handle it as much as you can..we all no ferrits are for working but the make great little pets 2.. I use to watch mine for time messing about play fighting and what not in the back yard.

Mine have me in stitches watching them do there war dance.

Edited by Blackdog92
  • Like 1

Handle it as much as you can..we all no ferrits are for working but the make great little pets 2.. I use to watch mine for time messing about play fighting and what not in the back yard.

you can lose hours watching ferrets play about with each other.

Lovely post the other day,which might help. Hide behind a bush, make a noise like a lettuce and grab the first rabbit that comes snooping. Kill in the usual way and feed it whole to your new pal. Fresh waterNow make a noise like a tap................. Have fun.

I've acquired a ferret this morning got him in a cage but not sure what I can feed it, I've got dogs and cats can I give it some dog or cat food? Any help appreciated as I have no experience with ferrets, the other thing is I think it's got a tick on it what household stuff can I use to remove it? Cheers for any info.

Cat biscuits will do short term. Bags of ferret biscuits a fairly cheap, is there a pets at home nearby?

I feed mine raw and what ever I drop with the airgun,never ever fed mine cat food but the odd tin of dig food won't hurt if you waiting to defrost rabbits etc,freeze rabbits for two weeks you kill off any worms etc,good on you for taking it on,get some nets and cheap knocker box you won't look back pal.atb dc just to add clean him every week and remove any un eaten meat,in summer I feed them when it's dark keep the flies dwn.:)

Edited by Daniel cain

I've had a go at the ticks this morning, found five removed four but one is in his ear. I don't know how I'm gonna get that out he won't keep his head still long enough to get a grip of it. Any ideas?

Ficam W ... lol. only joking.

I've sprayed them with frontline for kittens in the past,Directly onto the tick,usually drop off with a day or 2 after that.

This last summer I've been using Ivermectin spot on for pigeons and foul etc etc..I've had a few serious infestations early on in season and I sprayed them down with some of that Provado "Ultimate Bug Killer spray" made by Bayer and sold in Wilco's and all the other gardening shops..I just put some marigolds on and spray it onto gloves and rub all over the fur and into the ears etc etc..repeat after a few days until there all clear..couple of drops of Ivermec on back of neck and jobs a good un.. Obviously never use too much and less is more etc etc,start small and see how it goes,

also done the same with the dogs and they have been perfect all year.. Feck the vets and there extortionate prices..couple of prazimac wormers for the dogs every couple of months and there all sorted.