Duck House

A few mallards seem to be coming regularly to my pond. Earlier this morning I saw a pair asleep on the bank.

Would building/buying them a duck house be a good idea or would it just make them easy prey for the foxes? Would they even use it?

Yesterday I saw 3 pairs, so I assume they wouldn't share the house.

I await the usual answers. :laugh:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I recon the first thing that should be asked is........... are you sure there ducks?..

He sent me this pic of the "ducks"    

you fukcing dopey stupid townie twat .... Wild ducks will not go inside a duck house to nest ... If you really want to go all David Attenborough get an old car tyre attach it to a bit of treated marin

I have seen a fox stalking a pair of canada geese on an island in the Silt Pond at Horton Kirby. It managed to grab one but didn't keep hold. Thing is that the closest part of the island to the main bank is 40ft and average depths are 6ft to 8ft, there are no bridges nor a ferry service so I can only assume it swam across.

Let's just check my tools to see if I have the right ones for such a project. Router - no. Drill press - no. Planer - no. Mitre saw - no. Hammer - Yes!

Shouldn't be a problem. :thumbs:

Axe? :D

Cheers, D.

Yes I have a blunt axe.