A Trip To Meath..80S

Hearing of the dig rings a bell.

It looks like Paccys Kizzy and Max came from your direction.

Paccy was a hard worker but he used to take 6 or 7 weeks off every year for cubbing and he'd do more digging in those weeks than the rest of the Winter.

And it was Max and Kizzy who'd do most of the work so you could be talking about 50 or 60 digs to 2 terriers in those few weeks.

One last tale involving him.

My uncle Jimmy was the chairman of Kells Coursing Club for years. One year he wanted to get 2 of his dogs into the Coursing meet but rules allowed only one.

So they entered one of the dogs under my uncles name and the other was entered under Paccys name.

To cut a long story short, both dogs made it to the final.

While waiting for the final to be run someone sent for Paccy in the field and Paccy left his dog in his car.

Paccy came back quickly and caught my uncle Jimmy in the back of his car feeding ham sandwiches to the dog.

My uncles entry won.

• Like 10

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One final tale of the pair . Marked up a big spot just outside Nobber. Again on pachysandra "permission". Box said between 7/8ft , Tilly was on first shift .Were all heads down , when suddenly Tilly s

Feel free to contribute to the thread niel as we shared good friends in the dog world....................Freinds....passed. ....Paccy an me mate n.m. Paccy pu

. Old kizzy on left. .. Last dig with Paccy and niel , back of Pollocks graveyard.

Posted Images

Cheers AT. Niel cooney , thanks for sharing , you and Fatman. If either of you visit the land of milk an honey, bed , board an a bit of sport awaits. ATB....Rob.

That's a very nice offer Treehands, thank you.

It's been nice remembering some great lads ( but rogues ) who've gone before us. :thumbs:

• Like 1