What People Do For Work?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cabinet maker

You lot are going to piss yourselves when I tell you what I do now. Since I retired from fishing I have been Ironing clothes for a living. It helps pay the bills and I work in the warm and watch TV wh

like I say Gnash anytime your up let me know and we have a natter . That green hut is on temple place I stop there for a brew regular .  Gnash is right we have to learn what they call the knowledge

Posted Images

My title is Senior Thru Tubing Fishing supervisor based in Singapore but in reality I travel Asia and Asia Pacific pumping gooks and drinking for 6 months and hunting, shooting,digging,fishing and stalking for the other 6 ....its nae bad

Edited by MIK
  • Like 5

Not doing too bad ta Rake, I've just left a 2/3 job to go 2/2 commissioning so we'll see how it goes lol. You gone 3/3?

No not yet. They are putting us on 90 day notice to try and lay folk off and raid our wages, but we`re staying 2 and 3 for now.

3 and 3 will finish it for me. No way I`m being away from home 7 months a year and paying 40% tax for the privilige. I`d rather make coffee in costas with no stress than do that shit.

I've worked on farms, cleaned & made beds on passenger ferrys, structural concreating, engineers assistant, hod carrying, road works, block paving & slabbing, fencing, back to hod carrying!, worked at a zoo building enclosure's, back to hod carrying!, back to zoo to become deputy head of maintenance.....stumbled into property maintenance for a joke of a firm haha....came here & fell into town house renovation & then plastered squash courts all over France.......never out of work for over 20 years.....

...........all utter shite!

Found myself in new role as house husband............& I think I've found my calling....

• Like 6

left school at 16,started as a butcher then after 4 years started slaughtering.been doing that now for 12 years.

whats the money like, with no experience in this type of work(slaughter man), always fancied doing it :thumbs:

My title is Senior Thru Tubing Fishing supervisor based in Singapore but in reality I travel Asia and Asia Pacific pumping gooks and drinking for 6 months and hunting, shooting,digging,fishing and stalking for the other 6 ....its nae bad

Correction, 3 months hunting and 3 months counting all your f***ing money !!

• Like 1

London black cabbie

Well i never.....im often jumping in a sherbert how will i recognise you :D how you finding that app thing they all moan about i have a natter with them from time to time it seems to of slowed a lot of them down.

London black cabbie

really, I always thought that that was stressful job with volume of traffic in London , got to have eyes up your arse lol
I suppose it can be stressful to some but it doesn't bother me I'm used to the pace of London, mind you I'm a very chilled and relaxed sort kinda like a Buddhist lol .

left school at 16,started as a butcher then after 4 years started slaughtering.been doing that now for 12 years.

whats the money like, with no experience in this type of work(slaughter man), always fancied doing it :thumbs:

yeah the money is good,just would like more hours,it only a small slaughterhouse.about 500 heads a week.on the plus side i got to know alot of farmers which helps with permission.also free dog food.

• Like 3

London black cabbie

Well i never.....im often jumping in a sherbert how will i recognise you :D how you finding that app thing they all moan about i have a natter with them from time to time it seems to of slowed a lot of them down.
yeah it has taken the cream of it a bit but it still ain't bad mate . I'm not really the type to moan about it really I just graft a bit harder . if your ever up west or in the city send me a PM and we can meet up and have a natter, I know some good eating establishments my treat. Yep I reckon My black cab is the only one that's got a tow bar and and had more terrier boxes in the back than any other ?. The gamekeeper on my permo always laughs when I pull up in my cab and get out with my terriers ready for a dig lol
  • Like 12