Bushing Terriers

Flacko

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i use a mixed bunch of plummers and a russell.        

Posted Images

image_zpsixd0l7rr.jpg this little terrier in the middle does me proud atb

How was the SLT to train and whats its temperament like? Have you used her for marking while ferreting?
She was pretty straight forward to train does occasional go deaf when on a strong scent but on the whole pretty biddable. I am not into sit stay and all that sort of stuff but she returns toz my whistle and doesn't generally range to far away. Temperament wise I can't really fault her great with people and other dogs. She is softer than the terriers I grew up with difficulty to explain but for example she will leave rabbits alone if other dogs have caught them not sure if this is taught or not bit suits me. She is also pretty chilled out when not out and about. Faults are her coat isn't great though is fairness doesn't seem to bother her but she does get pretty scratched up after a good session bushing. She was a natural busher from a very early age without any real encouragement or another dog to follow. She has gone to ground a few times but to my knowledge never meet anything in the dark, which again suits me and the way I hunt. In my eyes they are good little dogs for mooching and suit my needs. I should say a friend has one who doesn't work his dogs after seeing my bitch and it is a lovely dog but waste of space in the field lol but then I wasn't breed for workers atb Edited by matt1979

How was the SLT to train and whats its temperament like? Have you used her for marking while ferreting?
She was pretty straight forward to train does occasional go deaf when on a strong scent but on the whole pretty biddable. I am not into sit stay and all that sort of stuff but she returns toz my whistle and doesn't generally range to far away. Temperament wise I can't really fault her great with people and other dogs. She is softer than the terriers I grew up with difficulty to explain but for example she will leave rabbits alone if other dogs have caught them not sure if this is taught or not bit suits me. She is also pretty chilled out when not out and about. Faults are her coat isn't great though is fairness doesn't seem to bother her but she does get pretty scratched up after a good session bushing. She was a natural busher from a very early age without any real encouragement or another dog to follow. She has gone to ground a few times but to my knowledge never meet anything in the dark, which again suits me and the way I hunt. In my eyes they are good little dogs for mooching and suit my needs. I should say a friend has one who doesn't work his dogs after seeing my bitch and it is a lovely dog but waste of space in the field lol but then I wasn't breed for workers atb

Thanks for taking the time out to reply much appreciated :thumbs:

She was pretty straight forward to train does occasional go deaf when on a strong scent but on the whole pretty biddable. I am not into sit stay and all that sort of stuff but she returns toz my whistle and doesn't generally range to far away. Temperament wise I can't really fault her great with people and other dogs. She is softer than the terriers I grew up with difficulty to explain but for example she will leave rabbits alone if other dogs have caught them not sure if this is taught or not bit suits me. She is also pretty chilled out when not out and about. Faults are her coat isn't great though is fairness doesn't seem to bother her but she does get pretty scratched up after a good session bushing. She was a natural busher from a very early age without any real encouragement or another dog to follow. She has gone to ground a few times but to my knowledge never meet anything in the dark, which again suits me and the way I hunt. In my eyes they are good little dogs for mooching and suit my needs. I should say a friend has one who doesn't work his dogs after seeing my bitch and it is a lovely dog but waste of space in the field lol but then I wasn't breed for workers atb

Thanks for taking the time out to reply much appreciated :thumbs:

No worries ps should have added I used to work her alongside ferrets and she wasn't particularly hard to break to them and marked well in the ltd outings we had, bit keen on the holes and messed the nets up a bit but sure with more experience she would have developed atb

• Like 1