Best Rod Ever

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im saying john wilson avon quiver. Ive just bought myself the signiture one and love it great tool

Iv'e got an old Edgar Sealy glass fiber spinning rod i inherited at 8, had it over 40 years, before anyone told me i needed a special rod for every situation, i caught everything on it   Modern r

So by reading this thread diawa whisker seem to be a popular choice among us anglers

Shakespeare Match International. Revolutionised match fishing rods when they first came out. Designed by two of the greats of match fishing, Clive Smith and Ken Giles.

MAP Dave Harrell 13ft spliced tip match rod. (Got 6 of um) ;)

Daiwa 11/13ft Amorphous Whisker Stillwater feeder rod. (Superb Bream rod) Copied loads of times, but never betterd IMO.

For a big chuck on big rivers. The original Daiwa Porky Pig.

...........I'm sure an old Normark thingymajig will be along shortly. :whistling:

• Like 2

Had one of those JW avon/quivers great rods caught a bit of everything on them my only problem was the guides were a little small.

I had a great do it all rod which was a ten foot wychwood marginaliser, rated at 2lb tc, now there wasn't a lot that this couldn't do and I caught loads on it. Great for carp, pike, lure fishing, sea fishing, big bream/tench, stalking, and a great through action for playing fish. It was essentially a short carp rod with a short handle, very useful tool.

But my fave rod ever is a 4 piece daiwa spinning rod at 5 foot. There's not a lot of places you can't take this and fishing with it is almost too fun.

The "best rod" is the one you get used to. Had them all over the years, from Winfeild (Woolworths) to Free Sprit and every thing in between. What ever they are called, they don't catch you fish.

A good rod is one that performs its task and doesn't break over time. Saying that still love my old Kevin Nash Diawa Whiskers " 3/4 lb TC and an old Conoflex beach caster that I don't know the name of.

Looking for a rod at the minute if anyone has reccommendations?10 foot or smaller,5-6lb test curve,going to use it with 80lb braid on a big pit reel.

Don't know about 5-6lb TC, but I always take a Shimano Beast Master 4-8oz (uptide) on holiday with me. That and a 10' Browning spinning rod, that I use for spinning and float fishing. They cover a lot of basses.

• Like 1

Looking for a rod at the minute if anyone has reccommendations?10 foot or smaller,5-6lb test curve,going to use it with 80lb braid on a big pit reel.

I use an Ugly Stick Uptider for that sort of thing. It's about 9', around 5lb t.c. and bends all the way down to the reel fitting. They are reputed to be unbreakable and won't break the bank either.

http://www.northernangling.co.uk/saltwater-fishing-tackle/rods/ugly-stik-uptide.html

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1