Collie Lurcher-Pics

I still have my cur Fluff,he's seen his best days i know that but still he enjoys life & more importantly i enjoy having him around,he has nothing to prove to me these days and he still gets his jaws into action on occasions which keeps him content,im more concerned on testing out my desert dog this season,ive ran him over the water several times this season,he ain't blanked yet but next time he may well do lol the ferry journeys are more problematic to me than whether he catches or not haha,ive ran him up in the Highlands again he hit the bullseye,ive had him out with the digging dogs,he done what was expected of him,ive ran him almost everywhere in the UK and he's ran well and caught an array of quarry,my one final "must" with him is to take him to the Fens and thats where he's heading before 2015 is out,i have the invite so we will be heading South real soon..the dog is no world beater at all,i have better dogs in the kennels but by taking him i know ive had him out of his comfort zone and id be over the moon if he runs well without even catching..ive long given up on the numbers game,the competitive edge has gone lol..im just out to enjoy my dogs now and what the countryside offers either on my own or with like minded people..be it my collie x,the saluki lurchers or even just the little Pom i treat them to the best of my ability if they can in return try their best whilst working to whatever standard that is i can live with that matey..hope the dogs stay injury free and a merry crimbo and happy new year to you buddy ??

• Like 9

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My one eyed Cur lurcher..

CAN I BE INCLUDED,LOL THEY DO HAVE A FAIR BIT OF COLLIE IN THEM,,,A XMAS CARD OF ME DOUARTER,, DONT NO HOW SHE JOINED THEM TOGEATHER

my bitch good little rabbiting bitch

Posted Images

most things with three qaurter greyhound even to a beagle can run , its when they put more than a half in well there limited any way lets stop talking about it , i no what works for me and several others on the arable land an dit isnr half cross or reverse three qaurters , but every man to there self ,

ye same to you fuji , i got caught up with the collie sting in the eighties they were not bad rabbit dogs but when your surrounded with hares and big old open land they were found short , but by that time we had let all our old norfolk type get old had to start from scratch again ,saluki type and took years to get the dogs i have now its not been a party but lucky now to reap the rewards ,

all the best

• Like 1

:hmm:I hunted with Paul's Maggie,..he stayed with me, darn sarf,...and he was a sensible lad,...he knew that his 'Reverse Three Quarter Bred Collie',.. was limited,.very fecking limited :laugh:

Most lads who have done a bit are completely aware of this fact...

As I said,...we keep the dogs that are suitable for the task at hand,..IF we want something else,.we will go and get it.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 10

Old red dog was out of a Collie bitch,tother dog was his son..not unlike my Don dog although they are related as the red dog is Don's Grandfather & also Great Great Grandfather lol..i even had a Xmas jacket on lmao..be 20 odd year ago this ???

PSX_20150702_113215_zpss6kpsoeo.jpg

• Like 7

So is there a particular line of collie blood that produces. I tried a few collie crosses and they never liked teeth much. Not saying they would nt touch fox but they would nt kill em regular . I know there s lads on here with collie x s doing it and I ve seen some crackers both out with hounds and around holes. but they were one offs and never produced fox dogs when bred from to similar collie x s. So is there or was there a specific collie or line of collie that threw anything that had a hatred of Charlie ?

Old red dog was out of a Collie bitch,tother dog was his son..not unlike my Don dog although they are related as the red dog is Don's Grandfather & also Great Great Grandfather lol..i even had a Xmas jacket on lmao..be 20 odd year ago this PSX_20150702_113215_zpss6kpsoeo.jpg

Has Don covered many bitches Fuji? It would be interesting to know how his pups have turned out.