Sign in to follow this  
dagger1

Wafcol Maintenance

Just wanted to find out if any of you lurcher lads use wafcol and do you soak it in water and if you don't use it what feed do you give

I've never heard of it to be honest.get down the butcher and as him if you can take away his off cuts and racks etc. Take out what you want and bin the rest.

Pure rubbish mate, same as gain, but gave my dogs projectile diarrhoea. .... as said above, natural is best, dogs don't have sharp teeth like that to munch on biscuits

• Like 3

Sound advice I've never fed my dogs on just meat but with what you lads have said I think I'll be trying it do you boil the meat up or just chop it up and feed it raw ?

Just raw mate, how they'd find it in the wild, fur or feathers on and guts still in, only issue with that is they need wormed often, but don't forget to change wormer now and again as worms build up a resistance

Nout wrong with biscuits, feeding just meat can be expensive, find a good quality buscuit and try feeding 50/50 buscuit/meatbthats what i do and the dog does wel on it

• Like 1

Nout wrong with biscuits, feeding just meat can be expensive, find a good quality buscuit and try feeding 50/50 buscuit/meatbthats what i do and the dog does wel on it

What biscuit do you use?.

a use doctor johns silver or gold with a healthy mix of pheasant dug loves it and always full of beans never to let me down buddy it's all about finding out what performance u get out of what u feed them a wouldn't do all dry meal .

all mine are on wafcol just do 50 50 mate, been feeding wafcol for over 20 years pal :thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Used Wafcol a few times years ago, was a fair bit more expensive than Gain, Red Mills etc. Changed to Supadog Active recently instead of the greyhound stuff, its only 24 % protein but it smells a lot healthier, and the dogs like it more

If I had to use biscuits it'd be beta greyhound, all my dogs have done well on it

:laugh:where in wilds does that grow,and do you leave guts in.

Edited by jeemes