Embarrassing Or What

Last night i was messing in the sulking shed, playing with some of my trap collection, i was meddling with a rather large body grip, 7 inch by 7 inch double spring bridger { i am sure someone on here will know the proper numbers for it, i have forgot} next thing i seem to have got 3 fingers on my left hand and my thumb of my right stuck in the sodding thing, twenty minutes later and sweat pouring off my brow i realize i am not getting out of this predicament without any help { you need arms like Garth to set things}.

I went back in the house calling my misses, Linda, Linda, WHAT? she shouts, come here i says, sheepishly WHAT DO YOU WANT?, she shouts, come here and help says i, Help With What? i go into the front room and lift up both arms to reveal half a ton of steel wrapped around my fingers, she absolutely pissed herself laughing at me.

Then the fun began, two of us in the shed, me trying to explain to her how to pass a rope through the eyes on the springs and her not having a clue what to do, half a dozen goes and still wrong, me getting madder and madder and her saying if you dont shut up i will leave you in the f'ing thing, another twenty minutes and i was free.

It makes you wonder what would happen out in the wilds if you got caught in one, with both hands in you are totally up sh1t street.

Hope you all have a good laugh.

Fat fingers and thumb. :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

• Like 19

lol... was called to a house that had rats in the ceiling of a new extension recently.... the access was only a small opening so I pre set 6 old victors before going up the steps to set them on the runs.... I had 3 up and placed reached down on to the work top to lift the fourth had it set real fine turned round to postion myself on the steps and bang..... it was hanging off my thumb.... my left thumb's finger nail is jet black! sore but not unbearable if im honest.

I was setting a 320 once and it went off. I'm not sure how I got hit exactly and I wasn't caught in it but the thing come very very close to breaking my thumb. Hit the side of my thumb on the knuckle next to the thumbnail. Knocked the hide off it and I had blood seaping out from under the side of my nail. Nail turned black and sluffed off. Thumb was instantly numb and I couldn't bend it at that knuckle. Scared me pretty bad when I realized I'd been hit but luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Sure tuff setting a 320 without the use of a thumb but i went on to do it.

Last night i was messing in the sulking shed, playing with some of my trap collection, i was meddling with a rather large body grip, 7 inch by 7 inch double spring bridger { i am sure someone on here will know the proper numbers for it, i have forgot} next thing i seem to have got 3 fingers on my left hand and my thumb of my right stuck in the sodding thing, twenty minutes later and sweat pouring off my brow i realize i am not getting out of this predicament without any help { you need arms like Garth to set things}.

I went back in the house calling my misses, Linda, Linda, WHAT? she shouts, come here i says, sheepishly WHAT DO YOU WANT?, she shouts, come here and help says i, Help With What? i go into the front room and lift up both arms to reveal half a ton of steel wrapped around my fingers, she absolutely pissed herself laughing at me.

Then the fun began, two of us in the shed, me trying to explain to her how to pass a rope through the eyes on the springs and her not having a clue what to do, half a dozen goes and still wrong, me getting madder and madder and her saying if you dont shut up i will leave you in the f'ing thing, another twenty minutes and i was free.

It makes you wonder what would happen out in the wilds if you got caught in one, with both hands in you are totally up sh1t street.

Hope you all have a good laugh.

Fat fingers and thumb. :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

:D