Does Your Mrs Work?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats strange because all the scumbags creating anti social behaviour around here are those whos perants have never done a days work in their lives.

I worked full time when I got married in 86 , I had my eldest lad in 87... so after 3 months at home wit him I decided to go back to work but part time. so I did 5pm -10pm.... that worked until my blo

Until the kids were all at school my missus worked 2 days a week.. Friday and Saturday... she's a self employed hair dresser so jammed all her clients into those 2 days and earnt well by grafting hard

My good lady hasn't had a job in the ten years we've been married but with three daughters at home full-time she works harder than I ever could! The eldest two are home educated and our four year old has global development delay so certainly can't see her getting a Job for at least another ten years.

Personally I count my blessings everyday that I have a wife who spends so much time with her children but I would be climbing the walls if we had to swap roles!!

• Like 4

Until the kids were all at school my missus worked 2 days a week.. Friday and Saturday... she's a self employed hair dresser so jammed all her clients into those 2 days and earnt well by grafting hard.. My mum had the kids on a Friday and they were with me every Saturday, I never wanted them in a nursery 5 days a week, been looked after by someone we had no idea about, so we made it work...

Unfortunately the wife got ill and we had 3 years of stress and upheaval with her illness, lots of ops and more time in hospital than out (or so it seemed).. the family rallied round and my mum and dad particularly were unreal.... the kids are really close to their grandparents and they put another dimension on their upbringing IMO, they have far more time for my kids than they ever had for me or my brother, not having to juggle work, money, and a more selfish life when they were younger I guess.

After the shit for the past few years the wife has recovered fairly well and although she will never be 100% she's getting there, she always wanted her own salon and last December an opportunity came up we couldn't miss, friends were selling their salon and we snapped it up... I'm not so sure she realised what she was letting herself in for, but she's doing it and has really swung it round.. fair play to her I say..

The kids have wanted for nothing, and as a family we've tried to make sure they are as rounded,polite and happy as possible...

A little nod to me. maybe, when she named the Salon :D

IMG_5233_zps1gahap0b.jpg

• Like 6

I don't think both parents working impacts too much on children's behaviour

I was born early 70s both parents worked but my mother still had the tea on the table/cleaned/shopped/ironed

My mam has 2 words for todays women Lazy Bitches

I don't think both parents working impacts too much on children's behaviour

I was born early 70s both parents worked but my mother still had the tea on the table/cleaned/shopped/ironed

My mam has 2 words for todays women Lazy Bitches

My wife doesn't work,she looks after our 5 kids,she's recovering from surgery so it's my turn now.

I can tell you,if you do it properly it's harder than most full time jobs,and there's no way you could have more than a few hours work alongside it.

• Like 1

IMHO soon as kids can understand that their perants and grandperants have to go to work they grow up with a better work ethic.

I think once they are at school there is room for work, not full time may but a bit of part time...

Everyones different though, my wife likes to work, but the kids come first, we come from working class backgrounds where our parents always worked hard so I suppose you follow suit..

No right or wrong though, as long as the kids are clothed and fed + happy it doesn't matter.... also regards behaviour, manners etc.. I know kids that have had the shitty upbringings and are as pleasant, polite etc as you could wish for.. I also know kids (a couple in our family).. who have had what you would consider a very good upbringing and their attitudes stink...