The Brown Rat

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loathed by most,loved by a few,an unworthy opponent to some terrier men, yet a more than worthy opponent by others.Some like to kill the odd few now and then, others like myself hunt them on a weekly

Most of mine too.

foxbolter i'm not going to get pulled in to a debate over how strong a rat is or is not,ive bin working terriers for over 35 years and over twenty on other quarry, so i'll have my opinion and you have

Posted Images

If only I could teach you Bill lol.I got my copies of your book lastnight, I picked them up from Puds. Red 30 or so pages, and I must ad I was hooked after the first page,I couldn't put the book down,but it was late and I was up early so had to. The book itself is quality and the images are by far the best I've seen "tremendous" quality. I take my hat of to you lads for putting this book together.I know a lot of time and hard work went into its making, well done the Border ratters, it's certainly found a place in my collection and is a must for the terrier enthusiast. Drop me that 20 off week end Bill lol. Atb Keith j.

• Like 4

£20

You said a tenner

Yes mate, a lot of work, time, effort and miles have gone into it..a quality product helps promote the next, people won't buy a second if the first is poor quality and poor content

Looks like that collie of yours is in the next ehh!! Got some good shots the other day, and look forward to getting it again...and, if you have any good stuff, we can get them in..the next isnt restricted to my images only

Thanks for the comments, have you read about the ginger Moffat yet?

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Question lads the title of this thread The Brown Rat, but has any one ever hunted or even seen Black rats. Some sites say their are nearly extinct in UK then you hear their still around port towns/Cities, London Liverpool been mentioned also down Cornwall and few islands. Am just curious cheers.

PUD

Never heard of them being hunted Pud,imagine the wouldn't be as good sport ,as there smaller and less aggressive than there cousins the brown rat.I do believe these where originally a tree dwelling rat,preferring higher places to nest,breed ect.Be nice to hear all the same if anyone has had any experiences with them atb keith j.

• Like 2

Thanks Pud,they do know there stuff.They work well together,they take rabbit on lamp,ferret,flush for falcons,bush with terriers,and most of all both taken rat in number,exellent all round mooching dogs. Don't think I could be with out one now bud.atb Keith j

• Like 2

This is my second collie Don,first one I owned was try colour bitch ,still killing rats at 13 ..yet to see a dog kill rats as quick as this bitch,and that's including all my terriers.Only fault if you turned your back she'd be off hunting rats on her own in dark ,you just had to listen for squeals to find her lol.Got load of pics on laptop dig some out when I get time atb keith j

• Like 2

Question lads the title of this thread The Brown Rat, but has any one ever hunted or even seen Black rats. Some sites say their are nearly extinct in UK then you hear their still around port towns/Cities, London Liverpool been mentioned also down Cornwall and few islands. Am just curious cheers.PUD

Yes Pud, used to do the caking warehouses on the Wirral 30 years ago and caught a few with the dogs. Never in the same buildings as browns.