The Brown Rat

Been out night got thirty ish had my two Plummers and Alan's two blackens cracking hour and half farmer lifted few bails Bills was their so might put pic or two up f he got owt.

Aye Keith was good day Sunday, them collies are wise dogs.

PUD

Edited by WHWT
  • Like 2

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loathed by most,loved by a few,an unworthy opponent to some terrier men, yet a more than worthy opponent by others.Some like to kill the odd few now and then, others like myself hunt them on a weekly

Most of mine too.

foxbolter i'm not going to get pulled in to a debate over how strong a rat is or is not,ive bin working terriers for over 35 years and over twenty on other quarry, so i'll have my opinion and you have

Posted Images

Look forward to it Bill. Will get you out with two collies on rabbits soon as bud. You images are something else , lucky for you I left my camera in the motor lol. No seriously bud your the man!!!! Atb Keith j

• Like 4

Been out night got thirty ish had my two Plummers and Alan's two blackens cracking hour and half farmer lifted few bails Bills was their so might put pic or two up f he got owt.

Aye Keith was good day Sunday, them collies are wise dogs. he got owt

PUD

If he got owt, if he got owt ?????

• Like 4

Looked a good day out Keith and some great pics for the album courtesy of "Bill", legendary pics of clear quality, I've just sold all my camera equipment, to fund a better upgrade and I appreciate the art of taking a good pic as its challenging in the least, staying back letting others do the work is not in my nature but its the key, look forward to both write ups and pics, nice one, WM

• Like 3

Foxdropper posting in the rat thread. O the irony

LOL, the truth is that any man who has terriers but passes on some ratting is mad IMO, and I don't think FD is mad.

I'd love to get back into it. I'm even thinking of making a smoker.

• Like 4

Most of our ratting is done by lamp Treehands,I'd say 95 percent.I like to ferret and dig to them to,but the smoker is a useful tool when needed. But I agree the fumes can't be good for the dogs, whereas the dogs are mostly held back anyway, and we always smoke outside were it is well ventilated . And dogs health and wellbeing is always top of my list. But as you know when you get stubborn rats that refuse to bolt they can and do do some damage to our ferrets,so unless we keep a stack of gills the life of the ratting ferret is relatively short.and rats frequent a lot of places that can't be dug anyways. I come into contact with fumes more than my dogs with work etc. But hey each to their own Atb Keith j.

Edited by keith j
  • Like 4

Was a great morning out Rob with like minded people,genuine guy's who love there sport and working there dogs. Yes great images from Bill. Hope all is well with yourself and the team bud, Atb Keith j.

• Like 2

Looked a good day out Keith and some great pics for the album courtesy of "Bill", legendary pics of clear quality, I've just sold all my camera equipment, to fund a better upgrade and I appreciate the art of taking a good pic as its challenging in the least, staying back letting others do the work is not in my nature but its the key, look forward to both write ups and pics, nice one, WM

Have tried myself but the urge to be in the action is too strong the same mate .Tried tripods but they get knocked over .

• Like 2

Foxdropper, I know exactly where your coming from, my natural urge is to be among it...but, we have found the best results come from me being on the camera only, me and Kieth chatted about this, as we have both tried to do everything, its so awkward to try and take pics, and move things, work dogs etc etc at the same time..

Ive never owned a tripod, yes, they get knocked over, they are cumbersome and for action shots you need to be able to swish the camera about, snap shooting at times..

• Like 4

Another look out yesterday morning ,again no big numbers but canny sport. Dogs killed ten. Dug most of them out,which took a couple hours steady mooching. Managed couple shots,hopefully Bill will study these ,maybe pick up a couple tips. Pm me if need be Bill lol,s atb keith j.post-76374-0-49802500-1491497669.jpgpost-76374-0-84010200-1491497747.jpgpost-76374-0-46218100-1491497803.jpgpost-76374-0-61494300-1491497889.jpgpost-76374-0-96214800-1491497941.jpg

• Like 12