Air Pistols .....why ?

One of the shooters on the farm has just bought a Weihrauch .22 pistol just for the fun of it and says he used to shoot flies with a pistol when he was a lad. Happy days. Don't no if it's a tall story LOL but it made me laugh any way.

• Like 2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads I have a few pistols, The Webleys are my favourite ones though                                   I'm a gun collector but don't really shoot t

Try hiding an air rifle from your parents when you was little,lol

My old .22 senior, it spits eley wasps out at 400 fps. In a different league to my .177 tempest, that's a poor relation by comparison. In fact, I haven't seen the tempest for twenty odd years, althoug

Posted Images

One of the shooters on the farm has just bought a Weihrauch .22 pistol just for the fun of it and says he used to shoot flies with a pistol when he was a lad. Happy days. Don't no if it's a tall story LOL but it made me laugh any way.

Years ago I lived in a terraced house with a cellar, I used to keep my fishing tackle in the cellar, One day I went down and the cellar was full of bluebottles!!, Many had no wings, Apparently it was the cool temps down there that caused the wings not to grow..

Anyhow, I had a .22 Webley senior pistol, A full tin of 500 pellets and some time on my hands!!

I was shooting them on the walls for hours, I'd ran out of pellets and was using 3/4" grip nails, I used a bagful up but by then I was getting bored so I got a can of flyspray and filled the cellar with it, Trouble was that I was breathing the stuff in too!! Ended up badly for a week or two!!

Got rid of the gozzers though!!! :thumbs:

John :bye:

I am on a good few air rifle groups on facebook and have noticed a lot of pistols for sale , I can't for the life of me understand why people buy them .. what are they any good for ? nothing i am thinking and that's why they are up for sale i think people buy them realise they are crap and try and sell them on .. am i missing something ...do any of you Gents have one and what do you use it for ? cowboys and indians perhaps :laugh:

" I can't for the life of me understand why people buy them .. what are they any good for ? nothing i am thinking and that's why they are up for sale i think people buy them realise they are crap and try and sell them on"

I take it you've not only never shot a HW45, you also have never see a video or read a review? I suggest you take a look at this :icon_eek:

• Like 1

I am on a good few air rifle groups on facebook and have noticed a lot of pistols for sale , I can't for the life of me understand why people buy them .. what are they any good for ? nothing i am thinking and that's why they are up for sale i think people buy them realise they are crap and try and sell them on .. am i missing something ...do any of you Gents have one and what do you use it for ? cowboys and indians perhaps :laugh:

" I can't for the life of me understand why people buy them .. what are they any good for ? nothing i am thinking and that's why they are up for sale i think people buy them realise they are crap and try and sell them on"

I take it you've not only never shot a HW45, you also have never see a video or read a review? I suggest you take a look at this :icon_eek:

I've never shot any pistols tbh only rifles . but still can't see any use for them . nice toy but that's all ,and as men lets be honest we do like our toys i know i do lol ..

I've never shot any pistols tbh only rifles . but still can't see any use for them . nice toy but that's all ,and as men lets be honest we do like our toys i know i do lol ..

"I've never shot any pistols tbh only rifles . but still can't see any use for them . nice toy but that's all ,and as men lets be honest we do like our toys i know i do lol .."

http://www.reedstargetshootingclub.co.uk/

Small-bore rifle shooting consisting of:
.22 sporting rifle
.22 prone (monthly)
.22 air rifle/pistol
.177 air rifle/pistol (dedicated range available monthly)
They are for shooting in many disciplines, training as well as competition!
  • Like 1

"I've never shot any pistols tbh only rifles . but still can't see any use for them . nice toy but that's all ,and as men lets be honest we do like our toys i know i do lol .."

http://www.reedstargetshootingclub.co.uk/

Small-bore rifle shooting consisting of:
.22 sporting rifle
.22 prone (monthly)
.22 air rifle/pistol
.177 air rifle/pistol (dedicated range available monthly)
They are for shooting in many disciplines, training as well as competition!

competitions fair enough , but i meant as a hunting tool, i should have said .. no good to me ... but i suppose could be fun at a range i am quite competitive ..and also after seeing and reading a bit here i am quite intrigued about them now lol...

Now these days i aint into any sort of guns but as a kid I used to love pistols, from the days where we shot the beJesus out of ourselves with Gat's (darts were so shite!) to the old Diana pistol i loved and then the 'Webley massive'... Tempest and through...

I was a little bellend with air pistols, i hope those that have em now have more sense than me..!!

I remember looking through a French catalogue, like the French equivalent of "Great Universal", back in the seventies. What sticks in my mind is the pages titled " pistolet a' air". Some guns in that catalogue that I hadn't seen before, but there seemed to be a lot to choose from compared to our British catalogues.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember my uncle buying me a GAT air pistol, my first gun which I was so proud of. He said that any starlings I could shoot in his garden, he would give me half a crown for each one and when you think my pocket money was 5 shillings, this was worth a go.

He was so surprised when after a couple of hours I handed over 6 starlings but nevertheless he handed me 15 shillings, riches beyond belief and the start of my shooting life.

Oh yes for the younger members, 15 shillings is 75 pence but we are talking over 50 years ago..........................times just flies but I can recall that day as though it was yesterday.

Phil

• Like 3