Can We Just Confirm Something ......

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want to start an argument and I don't want to stoke the embers of a potential argument but I feel as a site we are starting to get to afraid to post anything that the anti brigade may use agai

Apart from smash through your door and pull your house and kennels apart looking for 'proof' of wrong doing.   Worse than that, wankers that they are, they could probably have your dogs taken until

missed most of today, but the owner of the site said the other year that only photo`s that contain a gun of BOP within the picture will be allowed, again with graphic content even if its legal he does not want it on the site. if you want to post these types of pictures the the internet is full of places but just be mindful that someone may give you a knock and ask you to prove your story and that may well cause you a great deal of grief.

Then Ian is doing a massive disservice to lurcher owners and the members of this site ... Without all the members he wouldn't earn the coin he does from THL ........
how is he? Keepong all posts withing the law? He's doing us all a favour by stopping poor representation. All you have to do is show a gun or a bop amd you can post the photos

Read my original post slowly you cannot always get a picture of the dog and animal and man with the gun in the same frame ... And I don't need anybody doing me any favours regarding my hunting thank you ... FFS it's like the backbone has gone out of hunting ... More and more hunters sound like whinging lefties ... Don't show this don't show that ... Tell you what put your hands in your pockets and have a good feel about ... Wait ... Yep there they are you've found your balls ........

Socks. Now I don't want to get into an argument, so take this for what it is. . . . . .

How does posting photos on the internet of your dogs and game. . . . . make you have bigger balls / less like a whinging leftie / a real hunter?

Surely that kind of stuff is decided in the field, not on an internet forum?

All that is achieved on a forum really, is that folk thing you are 'the man' because forums are full of dreamers who really don't do very much at all. . . . . .

Surely not posting photos, not having your name known, not being in the spotlight . . . . . probably allows you to get on and do more 'real' hunting without getting any hassle.

I know it can be boring as hell at times, and I like a few photos as much as the next man (I've got an absolute cracker i'd LOVE to post on here, because everyone would think I WAS the man). . . . . but at the end of the day, if you've killed enough stuff with dogs, it all looks the same. Fox on ground, lurcher clamped round throat, deer on ground, lurcher clamped round throat. . . . dog trotting back, hare in mouth. . . . . there isn't much variation or much to see. . . . . .

• Like 6

Personally I don't see the temptation to publicly post pics of dog and dispatched quarry, these are trophy pics to remind yourself and pals that were there of a good day out imo. A dead hare at the feet of a hound doesn't tell us anything about the course.

If it's going up on the forum why not stick to just the dog in the pics.

• Like 2

missed most of today, but the owner of the site said the other year that only photo`s that contain a gun of BOP within the picture will be allowed, again with graphic content even if its legal he does not want it on the site. if you want to post these types of pictures the the internet is full of places but just be mindful that someone may give you a knock and ask you to prove your story and that may well cause you a great deal of grief.

Then Ian is doing a massive disservice to lurcher owners and the members of this site ... Without all the members he wouldn't earn the coin he does from THL ........
how is he? Keepong all posts withing the law? He's doing us all a favour by stopping poor representation. All you have to do is show a gun or a bop amd you can post the photos

Read my original post slowly you cannot always get a picture of the dog and animal and man with the gun in the same frame ... And I don't need anybody doing me any favours regarding my hunting thank you ... FFS it's like the backbone has gone out of hunting ... More and more hunters sound like whinging lefties ... Don't show this don't show that ... Tell you what put your hands in your pockets and have a good feel about ... Wait ... Yep there they are you've found your balls ........

even i can manage a picture of a dead animal a dog and someone with a gun :laugh:

even i can manage a picture of a dead animal a dog and someone with a gun :laugh:

Socks does have a big gun mind. :D

anti%20aircraft%20gun_1.jpg

• Like 1

This sitez good .helpfull lads.but j do feel we be been shafted by these antis.not even allowed to show legal pics.I don't believe you could get raided and done for a legal pic.ibe never felt the need to show many photos(except biggest fox in UK)on here but some may wish too.I suppose it's the idiots that ruin it for us anyhow.

The problem with what your saying socks is it may be legal but unless you show the gun in another photo it would be used as proof you broke the law

Nonsense. How can a photo tell how an animal was killed?

I could take photos of my dogs with road kill deer and plaster them all over the net.

They couldn't do a bean.

Apart from smash through your door and pull your house and kennels apart looking for 'proof' of wrong doing.

Worse than that, wankers that they are, they could probably have your dogs taken until things were 'clarified',. . . . .and we all know what happens when they RSPCA have your dogs even under false pretences.

Lets not bull shit ladies and gents, a lot of us do some ever so slightly naughty things. . . . . so drawing unnecessary attention by being a smart arse on the net and looking for other people to 'like' your post is probably a wee bit daft!

I know its a terrible thing, but thats life!

It always makes me chuckle when you get lads off lamping or coursing etc. . . . no permission. . . . . photos of dead hare, deer etc. . . . and they say shot and retrieved! And yet none of the lads out have a sgc or fac. . . . .

And I bet if old bill raided their house and lifted their computer, phone etc and went through the freezer, they would be in a world of shit!

Me. . . . . I just want a quiet life!

I want a quiet life too. Which is why I don't break the law. Or have a computer ?

• Like 1

The problem with what your saying socks is it may be legal but unless you show the gun in another photo it would be used as proof you broke the law

I could take photos of my dogs with road kill deer and plaster them all over the net.

They couldn't do a bean.

Apart from smash through your door and pull your house and kennels apart looking for 'proof' of wrong doing.

Worse than that, wankers that they are, they could probably have your dogs taken until things were 'clarified',. . . . .and we all know what happens when they RSPCA have your dogs even under false pretences.

Lets not bull shit ladies and gents, a lot of us do some ever so slightly naughty things. . . . . so drawing unnecessary attention by being a smart arse on the net and looking for other people to 'like' your post is probably a wee bit daft!

It always makes me chuckle when you get lads off lamping or coursing etc. . . . no permission. . . . . photos of dead hare, deer etc. . . . and they say shot and retrieved! And yet none of the lads out have a sgc or fac. . . . .

And I bet if old bill raided their house and lifted their computer, phone etc and went through the freezer, they would be in a world of shit!

i have been on the end of this very thing thou not caused by posting silly pictures and i can say it was the most turbulent week of my life and yet their wasn't a stitch i could do.....i had 4 lads land at mine tooled up ready to go and get my dogs back from the kennels for me.....cant fight fire with fire

in the end up i got all my dogs back purely thru good luck, thou they looked like hell after a week in "care"

but ile tell yous what all the big men saying "ahh feck em "ect ect some thing like this would shit em up badly

• Like 3

This sitez good .helpfull lads.but j do feel we be been shafted by these antis.not even allowed to show legal pics.I don't believe you could get raided and done for a legal pic.ibe never felt the need to show many photos(except biggest fox in UK)on here but some may wish too.I suppose it's the idiots that ruin it for us anyhow.

I assume legal pics-rabbits,rats aren't what the topic is about? It seems that illegal pics that prove the size of a mans testicles is. :boogy:

Edited by stormyboy
  • Like 1

They couldn't do a bean.

i have been on the end of this very thing thou not caused by posting silly pictures and i can say it was the most turbulent week of my life and yet their wasn't a stitch i could do.....i had 4 lads land at mine tooled up ready to go and get my dogs back from the kennels for me.....cant fight fire with fire

in the end up i got all my dogs back purely thru good luck, thou they looked like hell after a week in "care"

but ile tell yous what all the big men saying "ahh feck em "ect ect some thing like this would shit em up badly

If you play with feathers, you get your arse tickled ?

Does Ian own the site still?,as i thought he'd sold it or something about it hence the no more boob pics and if not who does own it Paulus?.

I'm pretty sure socks isn't saying put pictures up of dogs tearing fox and deer to pieces I think he is saying it is legal to flush hares with lurchers so it is legal to post a picture of a lurcher flushing a hare and we have all got to paranoid about posting anything

• Like 2

Socks. Now I don't want to get into an argument, so take this for what it is. . . . . .

How does posting photos on the internet of your dogs and game. . . . . make you have bigger balls / less like a whinging leftie / a real hunter?

Surely that kind of stuff is decided in the field, not on an internet forum?

All that is achieved on a forum really, is that folk thing you are 'the man' because forums are full of dreamers who really don't do very much at all. . . . . .

Surely not posting photos, not having your name known, not being in the spotlight . . . . . probably allows you to get on and do more 'real' hunting without getting any hassle.

I know it can be boring as hell at times, and I like a few photos as much as the next man (I've got an absolute cracker i'd LOVE to post on here, because everyone would think I WAS the man). . . . . but at the end of the day, if you've killed enough stuff with dogs, it all looks the same. Fox on ground, lurcher clamped round throat, deer on ground, lurcher clamped round throat. . . . dog trotting back, hare in mouth. . . . . there isn't much variation or much to see. . . . . .

I am not saying that posting pics of game gives you big balls or makes you the man ... what I am saying is WHY SHOULDNT WE POST PICTURES ... all this I go about my business quietly ... nobody knows what I do malarkey is well and good BUT it doesn't help show lurcher work in a positive light does it .... sneaking around doing your thing only helps to convince the general public that the antis are right and we have something to hide ... how the hell does that help the genuine lurcher man go about his business ... if we cant even put some pictures up on a forum dedicated to hunting then we are proper fukced ... I am 47 I don't need somebody baby sitting me and telling me what pictures I can put up for my own safety .........

• Like 1