Jack Russell Kc Registered

Good post corkman its all about the money with some lads even when ya pay €300 a pup and rear dem get them working there still not your own cause some lads can demand them back at the price they sold them as pups cause the lads that bought them dont dance to their tune anymore. They could and are some of the best dog men in the but then they let certain lads into their circle and f**k the boys that done them only right. Nice to hear there still some genuine lads like yourself about corkman maybe all is not lost in the terrier game with lads like yourselvs around.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why? that's total boll*x. Money and working dogs has only caused so much grief in this game and added to the breeding of even more rubbish with lads trying to recoup the €450+ they spent on a Cull wit

There's a old fella on here who was terrier man for a pack for donkey's years who has some of his russell's KC'd(no i'm not saying who but he's openly stated this fact on here before),it hasn't affect

All of them?

Posted Images

Dawn the smooth and wire foxterriers were once working terriers but a century of breeding for the show ring has taken a handy working terrier and bred it far from there roots. Now unlike most Ive exhibited dogs for many years at kc shows fox terriers were one of my breeds and while a couple of my bitches were handy dogs the rest were not they were all to big to be earth dogs and a lot didn't even try and I tested the lot of them. and they are only one of the breeds ruined by not being bred for purpose.

• Like 1

Working terriers and pups should never be exchanged for money. Now a few lads on here will say that terrier lads are in very tight knit circles and won't part with pups or help lads starting out.That's far from the truth. Let's say a young lad is starting out and is interested in getting into the sport of working terriers. Get urself out with a hound pack. Observe and only observe for the first few wks. Gradually over time be more helpful with the hounds etc ie hang back late to help look for lost hounds etc. From the very first day out listen 80 percent and only talk 20 percent!! It wont be long that ul find urself at the dig helping with hounds.ul be watched closely by the terrier men but the time will come ul get an opportunity to help the terrier man. Again listen 80 percent talk 20 percent.☺ do exactly what ur told and show ur genuine.it might take a season or two but ul soon find urself being gifted a pup from the right stock and if ur willing to listen being taught the skills of being a decent terrier man. Always respect the quarry,be true to urself about ur terriers and one of the most important things, always dig to another man's terrier like it was ur own that was down there!!! Now lads that's not so hard is it or is it just easier to hand over the cash!!!! Lol

• Like 2

I just cant see why a working breed pup that's parents have been grafted in all weathers and all hours of the day, had hours spent on training with basic commands / stock training / jumping / retrieving ... should be worth any less than a wee f4nny licking Chihuahua or the likes that spends 70% of its life getting carried in a handbang or pushed in pram !!

I just cant see why a working breed pup that's parents have been grafted in all weathers and all hours of the day, had hours spent on training with basic commands / stock training / jumping / retrieving ... should be worth any less than a wee f4nny licking Chihuahua or the likes that spends 70% of its life getting carried in a handbang or pushed in pram !!

because if working dogs were worth the same as show bred dogs the quality of breeding would deteriate in the hands of people wanting to make some money. If working dogs are sold and bought at low cost it keeps the money men away
  • Like 1

Working terriers and pups should never be exchanged for money. Now a few lads on here will say that terrier lads are in very tight knit circles and won't part with pups or help lads starting out.That's far from the truth. Let's say a young lad is starting out and is interested in getting into the sport of working terriers. Get urself out with a hound pack. Observe and only observe for the first few wks. Gradually over time be more helpful with the hounds etc ie hang back late to help look for lost hounds etc. From the very first day out listen 80 percent and only talk 20 percent!! It wont be long that ul find urself at the dig helping with hounds.ul be watched closely by the terrier men but the time will come ul get an opportunity to help the terrier man. Again listen 80 percent talk 20 percent.☺ do exactly what ur told and show ur genuine.it might take a season or two but ul soon find urself being gifted a pup from the right stock and if ur willing to listen being taught the skills of being a decent terrier man. Always respect the quarry,be true to urself about ur terriers and one of the most important things, always dig to another man's terrier like it was ur own that was down there!!! Now lads that's not so hard is it or is it just easier to hand over the cash!!!! Lol

Spot on Shovel.

Wxm,

Not sure you get our local concept? But I can see you truly value a worker.

Working dogs are far more variable than any jobless pet pooch, but for me not in monetary terms!

To me working dogs are far too valuable to sell to the highest bidder or a stranger for a quick buck. That would like selling the family silverware to a stranger after years of struggling trying to hang on to it for its personal value to the people it means the most too - the family!

Also like many years ago at the time of the trials over here many of the older men could see wannabes and bad types getting into terriers for all the wrong reasons and usually for a short time. It was during that short time period that much of the damage and bad press was landed on terrierwork and terriermen and has never really gone away! The older men around me had rules and most wouldn't sell dogs because many lads as stated hadn't a clue about game terriers and were the wrong types.

Fast forward 30+ years and terrierwork still has an overhanging stigma from the old days and now also a money mad market for working dogs (on donedeal, mags, Facebook, THL, etc) coupled with clowns posting all sorts on the Internet.

As mentioned previously all of us - terriermen of today are responsible for our actions. A good way would be take the money out of working terriers which would might help to fold the market and keep the wrong type away from the terrier game. Hound men have been doing it for centuries!! So it can be done.

Oh yah and a bit of respect for one another and less back stabbing. If we don't respect one another how can we expect others to repect us.

• Like 4

So whats the meaning of this topic . Is the KC changing the name of the Parson Russell Terrier to the Jack Russell Terrier or is it registering a new cross bred terrier with up to a dozen other breeds in it and calling it a Jack Russell Terrier like the KC have done here in Australia ?

Kc russell bull shit there try fuk it up like every other dissbled breed they think they improve

How does a redg that not breed dogs mess up a breed by breeding?,don't make sence and for once and all read this bit carefully then you'd understand :yes: .It's the breeders that breed shite and not the bods in the office in London,they don't make up breed standards nor do they choose what studs should be used over what bitches as again that's what the breeders do.It ain't rocket science and i'm no supporter of the KC but at least get the blame at the right door :victory: ..

• Like 2