Update On The National Lurcher Club.

Hope this group can lobby the goverment to have a rethink about the law although I will never post pictures of my dogs or loaction due to some of the the anti hunting feeling and iam sure there are few anti types trolling on here hoping to find folk acting against the ban and report it to there overlords hopefully they will read this and see the support and the momentum that this thread is collecting and can report back that we the repressed are now ready to fight back

I don't envisage this group doing any true lobbying of the government. If we are "affiliated" to the Countryside Alliance, that is their speciality. The more members the group has, the stronger our right to be heard will be. We need to be in it to win it.

I have a feeling that the CA will want all its members to lobby MP's and all the clubs and organisations under the CA Banner, Im not sure that this club is needed as another club, theres loads already, what it needs to be is a replacement for the Association of Lurcher Clubs or to work with it, to unite all lurcher clubs and owners under one banner, represent lurchers at Parliamentary or a new COH level, do the negotiating and be the voice in the fight to have the ban repealed. Once the Organisation is up and running it will need to contact all clubs and individuals through whatever media to try to unite as many as you can, just as was done a few years ago.

• Like 3

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am here again! Thank you Flynn, very kind of you. A momentary glitch now sorted out. Age has a few advantages, and dare I say it, having seen many times over the years the results of bitter infighti

As long as it is not done for personal gain why knock these guys? anyone who can make a stand no matter how small against legislation or future legislation needs encouragement, all the best lads...sti

I have been reading the posts on this subject and have been through all this ground prior to the Hunting Act, then it was done through the National Lurcher and Racing Club and The Association of Lurch

Hope this group can lobby the goverment to have a rethink about the law although I will never post pictures of my dogs or loaction due to some of the the anti hunting feeling and iam sure there are few anti types trolling on here hoping to find folk acting against the ban and report it to there overlords hopefully they will read this and see the support and the momentum that this thread is collecting and can report back that we the repressed are now ready to fight back

I don't envisage this group doing any true lobbying of the government. If we are "affiliated" to the Countryside Alliance, that is their speciality. The more members the group has, the stronger our right to be heard will be. We need to be in it to win it.
does that mean countryside alliance are looking for money contributions from this group ?

not from Scotland by any chance?

• Like 1

I just thought if the ca was just think about the money as they have the are always looking for members contributions as from early posts it sounded like the ca admitted they have not being doing enough for lurchermen why the sudden change of heart is just about money iam in no way knocking there interested but just hope it all about money that's why I asked I have been interested from the start but after that last comment mate think It's best if I withdraw any interest or help I could offer thanks atb with it though

Edited by bonehead

I just thought if the ca was just think about the money as they have the are always looking for members contributions as from early posts it sounded like the ca admitted they have not being doing enough for lurchermen why the sudden change of heart is just about money iam in no way knocking there interested but just hope it all about money that's why I asked I have been interested from the start but after that last comment mate think It's best if I withdraw any interest or help I could offer thanks atb with it though

Dont abandon ship just yet mate, hang fire until the proposed meeting takes place then it will be a lot clearer what is on the table and where any working platform can be agreed or not as the case maybe. The money aspect have nt been a part of the work done up to now so a little premature, obviously should the club get of the ground in order to move up the league table funding would need to be looked at. Tentative offers have all ready been offered regarding this or so I am led to believe from those in the loop.

Edited by desertbred

right who was fulla Shiite? all the members gona be on the commitiee bla bla, what happened that only 3 got off there asses and went to the meeting? db as much as I detest islam why don't you stand for a commitiee member? didn't take long to run outa steam. I hope you can get u and going as WE ALL need proper representation to stop any more ridiculous laws coming into force against hunting folk. and push for the unmasking of antis so the name and shame them works for us too. by getting the harassment and terrorising that they do to hunting folk. stopped and they can be held accountable

4 people attended the meeting one had pulled out prior to the meeting, one of these said he was dissapointed more did nt turn up? So who knew about this meeting and venue that took place? I certainly did not see an announcement did I miss it?

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 2

right who was fulla Shiite? all the members gona be on the commitiee bla bla, what happened that only 3 got off there asses and went to the meeting? db as much as I detest islam why don't you stand for a commitiee member? didn't take long to run outa steam. I hope you can get u and going as WE ALL need proper representation to stop any more ridiculous laws coming into force against hunting folk. and push for the unmasking of antis so the name and shame them works for us too. by getting the harassment and terrorising that they do to hunting folk. stopped and they can be held accountable

4 people attended the meeting one had pulled out prior to the meeting, one of these said he was dissapointed more did nt turn up? So who knew about this meeting and venue that took place? I certainly did not see an announcement did I miss it?

Y.I.S Leeview

Leeview,

When this opportunity first came about, due to the actions of firstly Giro and then Dewclaw, there was a general consensus on this (visible) forum that a steering committee of 5 people would be the way to get things started. 5 were agreed on, based upon those who offered to help try and get this off the ground. For a number of external reasons that number was reduced to 4 for the initial meeting. No committee has been elected. Until next weeks meeting nothing has changed. May I suggest that you hold fire until we know where lurcherwork and the CA stand together.

I was under the impression that this had been cleared up before now, but hey ho ;)

http://monologues.co.uk/Anonymous/Doggies_Meeting.htm

• Like 5

With regard to the national lurcher club, 4 people turned up on the day of the initial meeting, which was less than we had hoped, but we carried on regardless. The group found that we shared plenty of common ground in what we wanted in regard to the ethos of the club, its aims, role and methods of achieving them. Unfortunately one member has had to withdraw due to personal circumstances leaving just Dewclaw, Trenchfoot and Sandymere. We feel this is too small a group to continue but are open to people’s thoughts on the way forward i.e. new members etc.

A rough draft of the mission stament goes something like

“To promote and gain positive publicity for lurchers within the general public to enable a better understanding of the type and its welfare as a pet and worker. Within this to educate the general public about the positive aspects of working lurchers in regard to the dogs themselves and the benefits that they bring to game management and pest control.

To promote a more positive image of lurcher owners amongst gamekeepers, land owners and other country sports communities and hold a voice within established groups such as the Countryside alliance. Within this acting as a voice in discussions in both the public realm such as THL, Facebook etc and the political forum in regard to the future of country sports

To establish a code of conduct and offer a point of information to new owners to bring forward an ethos of respect for ourselves, our dogs, our quarry and the landowners on who’s ground we work our dogs.”

So any likeminded people who would like to put themselves forward???

Sorry just reread your first line, you'd hoped for 5 but carried on with 4

Y.I.S Leeview

Leeview. Just in case you have forgotten, Flynn and yourself withdrew any interest of being involved with this group . That was messaged to me by Flynn. I respected that decision.

Why don't you stop trying to aggravate matters and let the people who do want to be involved get on with things. Your continued yanking of folks chains serves no purpose but to further your own amusement

Y.I.S Dewclaw69

• Like 4

Participation appears to be the key to move the proposed group to the next level . In put and discussion will drive it forward so any folk with a genuine intent to get involved and try to improve the present and future for working lurcher owners should get on board. The Hunting Act is still law and the Lacs and antis are still looking to enhance and expand it even further so now is not a time to sit back and await the much trumpeted Amendments that have been postponed to some future date. Those who want to destroy country activities do not rest and continually produce more negative publications for public consumption now is the time for those who have not been involved in supporting country sports and activities to get involved and the older hands increase you commitment and passion. Many lads with working dogs, sight hounds long dogs use and work them as lurchers so they need to get on board to support this effort. tomorrow is another day wasted. Unityis the bye word personal likes and dislikes have no place in what is being worked for so come on lets see who will support the work.

• Like 5

Leeview. Just in case you have forgotten, Flynn and yourself withdrew any interest of being involved with this group . That was messaged to me by Flynn. I respected that decision.

certainly have not forgotten, myself and Flynn wholeheartedly backed the idea and offered to be area reps. It was moved to pm's coming in thick and fast to start with and then they stopped for 6hrs no explanation and the next we heard a steering group had been formed from prominent members(where are they now?)it was nt just us Giro,micky B dunkannon spring to mind none included in deciding this group or explanation as to why? Thats why we withdrew our offer as area reps

Why don't you stop trying to aggravate matters and let the people who do want to be involved get on with things. your asking for assistance to aid you setting this club up :hmm: Giro offered to pay anybodies train fare to London if they could nt afford it, generous offer at the time BUT you chose not to include him in your hidden forum exploits, Why after all the work he had put in ?this was after all his idea Your continued yanking of folks chains serves no purpose but to further your own amusement

Y.I.S Dewclaw69

Y.I.S Leeview