• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pet hates ??? That's a hard one,     Barbed wire, Electric fencing, Sand, Hard ground, Midges, Anti's, Terriers who come out to see how the diggings going, Terriers who let you know they've

Many years ago pre-ban pre-locator myself and 2 mates were out diging on a sunday morn.1 of my mates had been on the guiness the previous night and it was going through him like caster oil through a c

Yappy whining dogs that are pegged out on a dig. I can't stand it. Especially when out with someone new and its there dog but they don't seem to hear the f***ing thing yapping!

lads who are impatient!!! want a result within five minutes as, so and so's dog would have nailed it by now!! usually the same sort of person who commentates throughout the dig with an "expert opinion" on how your dog is performing, but there "world beater" is always having to be left at home for one reason or another!

• Like 2

I hate the worry i have over the terriers when their to ground,i know it's down to them and up to the gods what goes on but i allways am a little worried and allways question myself "why do i do this when i worry so much" :icon_redface: .I do the same with the lurcher though and have stress ulcers to show for it :laugh: but if i didn't get out i'd be sick with boredom about not going out,so i just go along with what my heart seems to want rather than my brain.Well that's about the best way i can put it anyway :blink: ...

• Like 1

Lads who stand there with a shovel in their hands an don't dig lol

They cnuts usually work for the council. Pmsl. HH.

u must be near the same part of scotland as me lazy c**ts lol

Pmsl.

Muppets yae go out with when it's there turn to dig half the soil on every spadeful goes back in the hole so that you'll crackup and grab the spade off them and they're also feart of the quarry that really rattles my cage.

• Like 1

Pet hates ???

That's a hard one,

Barbed wire,

Electric fencing,

Sand,

Hard ground,

Midges,

Anti's,

Terriers who come out to see how the diggings going,

Terriers who let you know they've found the quarry, six feet away,

Electric fencing,

Lads who answer their phone as they're about break through,

Lads who don't understand the words "this is my permission,",

Cows and calves,

Gamekeepers who ring you when they've snared 100 but still can't get the last one or two (ring me before ye start snaring ye bollox),

Border owners who tell you they've got workers,

Anti's,

Dopes who forget to bring a torch,

Shooter's who are anti digging,

Faulty batteries,

When I forget my torch,

Black pudding for breakfast before a days digging,

Electric fencing,

Lads who are at it all their lives and when you have a mark at 3 foot they're 25 feet away and telling you "I can hear him over here."

Bad poultry owners who want to know how you let it happen in the first place.

Bullshitters,

Puppy peddlers,

Dog thieves (scum of the earth),

Lads who sell on their culls,

Lads who sell on their culls,

Lads who kill everything they dig (I don't care if it's the law),

Lads who dig cubs for sport (doing a vermin control job is different),

Lads who expect their dogs to get bitten but scream like a bitch when the quarry comes in their direction,

Electric fencing,

Lads who think the end of a dig is time for a camera and then send the pics to their buddies,

Lads who rush home to get on Facebook instead of washing and feeding the dogs,

Cock measuring,

Lads who bring a hip flask,,,,,,,,,,for themselves, b*****ds,

Lads who show up for a dig with 1 terrier and 4 lurchers,

Electric fencing.

I love my way of life.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :laugh:

• Like 1

Getting permission and everything is grand until a New Holland tractor drives down the bottom field towards the bank you are on as fast as it can go. Then he asks you what your doing there? So you explain that you have got permission from the landowner that is in a shed less than 50yards behind you. Response was "that's ok" but these bottom fields are "ours" and we don't want no one down here with dogs or we will ring the Police! So back up to the aul hand in the shed that give us permission and he says plough away its none of his business your on my ground not his. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Best judgement was to just walk away and forget about it, place was shining too. Felt like vomiting.

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 2