Travellers Aint All Bad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it just go,s to show theres good in all folk .......we decided to give the big metal cage to a childrens hospice close to me with the promise of a Parrot of some sort to go in it....i rang the bo

made them? more like made off with them?!

What about ferns or bit of ivy or candles ,that's what the interior decor arty types do with them,personally I reckon their worth a bit, seen similar in reclamation yards etc

I had travellers knock at old house for bit of scrap.fellas about my age,talk to them like their a human being or like you would want to be talked to and their fine,never had bother with me dogs etc

I was out once an young pair of lads wanted something out garden ,wife told them no,and they started getting funny so she pushed door open wider and shouted for the rotty ,they soon went through front gate and nicely shut it behind them.

I went to school with a Romany lad ,never had any problems with him,he always stopped an spoke,the other family he went around with always were civil towards me,

Lads just gone Inside this year . For slapping someone around .

Same as me ive never had any bother with them....the family who gave me those cages ive known since childhood....there was loads of them round Canning Town me and my brother and our little mates would meet up on a sunday aftenoon and say right lets go over Gallions Reach and pick a fight with the pikeys :D ....over the years we would cross paths occasionally and although we were never friends and never got on particularly well if either of us gave our word on something we always stood on and i guess that created a mutual respect they live in decent houses now and do their own thing which is none of my business but they are just normal lads doing what they know at the end of the day......which is all any of us can do.

• Like 6

Well it just go,s to show theres good in all folk .......we decided to give the big metal cage to a childrens hospice close to me with the promise of a Parrot of some sort to go in it....i rang the boys who gave me the cages to check it was ok with them and within a few hours i had one of them on the phone saying they had a bird to go in it.....so the cage is now sitting in my mates kitchen with a blue Ringnecked Parakeet called Bobby in it waiting to be taken over there.

Harsh as we might be on the travelling lot at times behind the bullshit most of them are the same as us really just basically good natured folk.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 15

Well it just go,s to show theres good in all folk .......we decided to give the big metal cage to a childrens hospice close to me with the promise of a Parrot of some sort to go in it....i rang the boys who gave me the cages to check it was ok with them and within a few hours i had one of them on the phone saying they had a bird to go in it.....so the cage is now sitting in my mates kitchen with a blue Ringnecked Parakeet called Bobby in it waiting to be taken over there.

Harsh as we might be on the travelling lot at times behind the bullshit most of them are the same as us really just basically good natured folk.

What about cushty lol

What about cushty lol

I did say " most " ;)

Given with the same sentiment it was recieved and the good shines through.

Well played Gnash. ;)

I was just a middle man mate it was the lads who came out shining fair play to them :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16

ive a few mates that are travellers met them years ago when i worked the doors in newcastle nice lads you cant judge all of them the same as the bad ones

Very true,the recent dog thefts local and the blinged up landrover that is registered at a site in Leeds and owned by some pseudo tree surgeons,that thieve dogs,is not representative of the minority of the travelling fraternity,yet its representative of the majority of them,if truth ever comes into the equation.

Every body thinks that travellers are bad people you get bad in every walk of life if you was to meet a good one you would have a good friend who would be honest and would help you till the end and give u his last pound if need be and his word would be his word I've know a travelling lad all my life and I would trust him with my life a lot more I can say for some of the lads I know

• Like 1

Ain't it bad when you come on a bird site and see racist remarks,open your news papers have a read of all the crimes done then add them up travellers then add up the non travellers and then put the score up please

You also need to take into account the percentage of people

Travellers have a massive percentage of crooks in their ranks

• Like 1