• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simple lads, don't pay, they can't do a thing, an don't watch.

As far as I am aware bbc is publicly owned and goverment set licence fee cost through parliament so I feel they should be neutral in there approach to things the broadcast give both side of fence so

Personally I think it should be scrapped. I barely ever watch the TV channels, and quite frankly I'm getting fed up of their liberal-left leaning bias that seems to plague every sort of documentary. T

Posted Images

If u do watch then how can you not pay? Do they not recoup by the means of a fine? I will be honest if somebody gets caught breaking law and gets a fine I just think it's bad they get away with it and not pay, unless I'm missing something, this I will pay a fiver a week is total boloxxx

It's not a criminal offence to not pay, its a civil matter pal

It is a Criminal Offence. The government tried to decriminalise it..and failed. Peers voted to keep the non-payment of the licence fee a criminal offence

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2941507/Failing-pay-TV-licence-remain-criminal-offence-peers-reject-Government-plans-end-draconian-punishment.html

:thumbs:

The paper is full of shit mate, TV license is a civil matter, fact, which means they need your consent, a criminal matter it is not my man.

Personally I think it should be scrapped. I barely ever watch the TV channels, and quite frankly I'm getting fed up of their liberal-left leaning bias that seems to plague every sort of documentary. The way they planted left-wingers in the crowd of the televised election debate to poo-poo Nigel Farage, and a disgracefully biased documentary on the Calais crisis being some. They also have an upcoming programme documenting Britain First, titled "Is Britain racist?". That's biased before it even starts!

Being a national, public service broadcaster, they want to be squeaky-clean, and offend nobody, so their liberal-left, PC ethos is the way to go. They'll have been desperate to get rid of Clarkson, but only stuck with him because Top Gear was their most popular programme. I know it's a tax-funded establishment, so their bound to be a bit left of the centre, but surely their duty should be to be impartial and unbiased, not employing mouthpieces like Chris Packham to spout his anti-hunting views to people who will take his word as gospel. Somebody mentioned elsewhere that if he was pro-hunting, he'd be gone, and it's true.

I like Dragon's Den on a Sunday, University Challenge on a Monday, and Mastermind on a Friday, then that's the lot. As far as I'm concerned, the TV channels should go, all they have is crap. As for the radio stations, Radio 1 seems to be aimed at 14-year old kids, Radio 3 is like a crap Classic FM with more mindless talking, and Radio 4 is like listening to paint dry. Radio 2 is good when they have the callers in the afternoon, and as a sports lover, 5Live is my favourite. Nevertheless, the cricket and golf coverage would soon be taken by someone else, so the radio stations can go too. Scrap the licence fee, get rid of the BBC, that's my opinion.

This is a great post and i agree whole heartedly, except for Dragons Den, i fecking hate that programme and the tossers in it! ;)

The left-leaning has definitely got worse these last few weeks.

In particular, news bulletins that begin with "How many migrants should Britain accept ?" get my back up, as wasn't aware that other options had even been debated.......all news media has been guilty of this, but I expect the BBC to at least try to maintain neutrality - leave the sensationalism to the commercial channels. Where they don't, they should be called to account. The means to complain are well publicised, so if you really feel that strongly.........

Havong said that, there is no doubt that Auntie produces a lot of quality programmes. I like Dragon's Den, Only Connect and I watch Newsnight, if politics is in an interesting phase, but BBC4 often sparks an interest in the most obscure of subjects. I listen to Radio 2 a bit, and I think Radio 4 is just superb ! ( I cannot abide commercial radio - "Same 6 songs, day in, day out for the rest of your life, right here on Piss Stain FM ! After the break...Robbie Williams")

Mind you, they also produce their fair share of cr4p - The Voice (you must remember when it was won by...erm...) springs to mind, as does Homes Under the Hammer (an hour of your life you'll never get back) and the various contrived antique and Lottery- based shows.

The Beeb should stick to what it does best - serious, informative and well- crafted programmes. Leave the trashy nonsense to ITV 2.....

• Like 1

The BBC have got that much shit on the MP's, they dare not vote against the license fee, the whole saga of the BBC taking sides and not being impartial is wrong, it is full of bigots like the RSPCA , we are entitled to a voice, we pay our license fees, and do not deserve to be a target for anti's discrimination, and the BBC being the vehicle used to spread that discrimination,we are now a minority, would they discriminate against gay's, Muslim's, or disabled people, no they would be the first to jump on the soap box, but they actively discriminate against its own license fee payers, by not allowing equal representation on the TV, it is disgusting and needs disbanding,

The BBC have got that much shit on the MP's, they dare not vote against the license fee, the whole saga of the BBC taking sides and not being impartial is wrong, it is full of bigots like the RSPCA , we are entitled to a voice, we pay our license fees, and do not deserve to be a target for anti's discrimination, and the BBC being the vehicle used to spread that discrimination,we are now a minority, would they discriminate against gay's, Muslim's, or disabled people, no they would be the first to jump on the soap box, but they actively discriminate against its own license fee payers, by not allowing equal representation on the TV, it is disgusting and needs disbanding,

Positive Discrimination, establishments like the BBC love it! Fast-tracking and promoting minorities into better positions, with no consideration about whether they can do the job. There's no formal evidence of it, but the amount of minority or disabled presenters seems to be ever increasing. Just ticking boxes and pleasing Liberals.

Paying for the BBC is one thing, especially when it's 95% crap, but their increasing bias is another kick in the nackers. The title of their upcoming documentary about Britain First shouldn't be "Is Britain racist?", as it sets their agenda to prove guilt. It should be something neutral, like; "Britain: Racist or Realist?". It's neutral, impartial, sets out that they will have a balanced argument, and the title is still gripping. No doubt they will use a left-leaning inquisitive presenter who will delve into all of the crevices, such as connections with the BNP, how they "are like the Nazis", but ignore the Islamic extremist filth like Anjem Choudary, who's actions caused the reaction of Britain First, and spout out about how we should be "tolerant". They might even use a minority presenter to really put them on the spot, that's the style of the BBC.

Do it unbiased, impartial and free of politics, but if not, stop asking for people to pay for something to spout views they don't agree with.

Edited by J_Edwards

These bbc posts pop up all the time through various groups. The options are simple. If you think its value for money, then pay the fee. If you think its crap then either stop watching live tv chanels and contact them and explain so, and stop paying or alternatively watch as normal and claim to only watch catch up. Lol

pernod