Super Dogs ( Lurchers )

There's no quality in quantities... it becomes a chore and a bore.

Everyone is obsessed with numbers..But I can hand on heart promise you that once you know what your dog is capable of, In your own heart you have to ask yourself, why your going for big scores on the bunnies ?

I would much sooner bolt 20 with the ferrets and no nets down for the dogs to run fare and square.

True, it's good to see what your dogs capable of n test it on the odd big bag but I don't see the point in going out for regular massive bags of rabbits especially when a lot of these places there taken from there not excactly hard to catch especially on the lamp, you can only kill them once n the bit of money got from them just ain't worth the future sport you could of had jmo..

• Like 2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some people don't need to prove anything to anyone buddy. However, I'm here to say that there are some dogs out there that have taken a good few red single handed. No stories or fairy tales, but pu

Had these one night,,,,took a lot longer than 1.5 hours though,,,,more like 6 hours  

YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO HAVE A TRIP WITH ME ON THE BUNNYS,,,, IM NOT SAYING IVE GOT OR EVER ADD A SUPER DOG,,JUST DOGS THAT IM HAPPY WITH

Posted Images

The fact of the matter is this... Some folk like pushing the boundries, testing their dogs, on any quarry, to the max.

It's a tough game for both man and dog and ain't for the faint hearted...

So let them that do, keep on doing and the rest of us can be content with our little lot...!

was out with me mate last week and we got half a dozen..easy to carry too. getting 80-100 rabbits off hillsides can be quite a task for anyone with super dogs..

Got a 100 plus rats with terrier lads super dogs a few weeks ago, now that was a queer old weight to carry too..

They say a fisherman goes through 4 stages in his life,

1. First to catch a fish.

2. Then to catch the most fish.

3. Then to catch "thee" fish.

4. Lastly, just to fish.

Maybe some of us hunters go through the same, but IMO those who take their dogs and hunting seriously if they think they have a good one they will at some stage want to see just how good it really is.

There's absolutely no harm in testing a dog especially if you're thinking of the next generation and some times the test isn't just what the dog can do in a days hunting but what it can do in a week, a season or several seasons of hard work.

But, IMO a dog man knows when he has one that's good but not great and uses that dog to it's full potential and get's the most out if it.

The so called dog men that I personally hate are the ones who think every dog should be a legend and get rid of the good, but not great dogs the first time it looks bad.

Personal egos destroy many a good one in this game.

Maybe this is one of the reasons that some of the more modest among us who have no big egos but a good eye for what's needed seem to always have a few good ones about them. Combine this sort of lad with a great dog and you'd be surprised what can be done in the hunting world.

World beaters are out there.

• Like 7

The fact of the matter is this... Some folk like pushing the boundries, testing their dogs, on any quarry, to the max.

It's a tough game for both man and dog and ain't for the faint hearted...

So let them that do, keep on doing and the rest of us can be content with our little lot...!

very true.

imo these folk who like to go that extra mile night after night and push there dogs are needed to keep true hard worked/working blood in the lurcher gene pool

• Like 2